1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Next Build Changes (most likely 1570something)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Jul 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heX_

heX_ Bison Rider

I know bombs damage trap blocks, but 6 is too much. Had no idea about fire arrows, that's interesting. 10 arrows also too much obviously. I was mainly referring to trap blocks being slashable and a reduction in dmg resistance to bombs. If trap blocks can apparently be damaged by fire arrows without being put on fire that's very good, we'd just have to increase the damage they do and then all classes can reasonably destroy them.

Yes, that seems like the right ballpark. It has to be feasible to destroy them, but not so much that they have to be repaired constantly and become useless. This will take some testing to fine-tune for sure.

My original intent was for this change to coincide with trapblocks being one-way, since I really like that mechanic but it's pretty horrible without destructible trapblocks, as wormy (?) showed me. What does everyone think about this?

2. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Bomb radius nerfed?
    Bb multikills with bombs, now the pride knights willl have to spam bombs to do em, meh

3. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Lawrence_Shagsworth Joke Slayer Official Server Admin

At the moment, you don't even need to aim your throw to rack up several kills. Honestly, bomb radius allows/ed for some pretty stupid kills from large distances. The victim would feel like they had a ball kicked at their face.
    [​IMG]

4. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Can the lighting problem with team doors be fixed?

Chukka likes this.
  5. PanduhsFTW

PanduhsFTW Ballista Bolt Thrower Staff Alumni

Please do. Need less shit show.

6. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

I, for one, like the new trap block mechanics a lot more than the previous ones. Would rather remove them entirely (and add something like old team-bridges) instead of reverting to the old trap blocks.

toffie0, Tern and Auburn like this.
  7. kittycity

kittycity Haxor

What were team bridges like?

8. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

Actually.. a lot like the current trap blocks. Can't be rotated, allies can walk on them or drop through them, enemies always go through them. The only real differences are that A: They're made of wood, and B: They stay open for a while after someone falls through them.

On second thought... there isn't much point in adding them.

Just fix the bugs with current trap blocks, I don't want to go back to the days of sharking.

9. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

you missed the part where anyone can walk out from under it and if you are same team, you can press 's' to go down.

FuzzyBlueBaron and Trumbles like this.
  10. wilpin7

wilpin7 Lewd~ Donator
    1. KAG Competitive League

Why knights are the only ones to get nerfed :(

Scumbags archers are gonna take over soon!!!

Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
  11. I like the new team bridges better. Somehow to me, the ones from Classic seemed "harder" to go through. Often, when I would jump on one to buy from a shop here, I would fall through the block completely. I've noticed there's a crap ton more teammates getting stuck in our own spike pits, but I've seen it less than in Alpha. Also, the trap-block design just bothers me for some reason, it looks too un-bridgish :/

PUNK123 likes this.
  12. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

C-can we get a new Ninja class? That should be easily doable with little to no balancing/coding required!

wilpin7 likes this.
  13. Verrazano

Verrazano Flat Chested Haggy Old Souless Witchy Witch Witch THD Team Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

This was already planned for this build, but it was a secret. I guess somebody must have spilled the beans.

patch notes:
    [added ninjas]

14. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Lawrence_Shagsworth Joke Slayer Official Server Admin

I like the current ballista capturing system, but I feel as if it rewards ballista spam a bit too much. This is because even with a large number of players in range of the ballista(4-5 players), the time taken to capture it is quite long. During this time, the other team is still able to spawn on said ballista. Anyone that spawns has a short period of invincibility, rendering it easy to kill the players capturing the ballista.

15. _Cuffs_

_Cuffs_ Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

I think most people would agree that spawning on ballistas needs to change. Either the invincibility or the spawning needs to go. In there current state it's not even worth attempting to capture them.

16. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Jeeeesus Christ. Seriously. All I see anymore are people complaining about nerfing everything to hell. No joke. That's all I see. If you wanna play a balanced nerfed game, it already exists. It's called KAG Classic. Stop ruining what made this once-great game actually great.

blackjoker77777, bru-jaz, Asu and 2 others like this.
  17. BarsukEughen555

You are right, the KAG is in development, but posting ideas about balancing it helps KAG Beta get balanced as KAG Classic

18. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

I'd be grateful, if you had stopped calling this game KAG Beta. It's KAG and KAG Classic. Nothing else. The game went out of beta phase long time ago.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
  19. BarsukEughen555

20. _Cuffs_

_Cuffs_ Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

While an announcement shouldn't be necessary it would go a long way in getting people to stop calling the game KAG Beta.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
    makmoud98 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.