1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Awesom game but marketing??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mojslik, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Mojslik

Mojslik Catapult Fodder

First, I would like to thank you for making this game its awesom. I read thread about youtubers and i don't get it. This game is great and not OLD!!!

Pros: Pixel art, great physics, lot of fun. Cons: difficult to learn, few players.

I found this game completely by accident. I was looking for games on a LAN party and I found this wonderful game. By search term "LAN party games" I found Steam curator with this name. I could not believe that it is the game for so long in the world and I've never heard of it.

I looked after some let's plays on YouTube, I found almost nothing. No tutorial's, no lets plays only few reviews. No one speak about this game, No spread the word threat on this forum. WHY ?

I think I get the game on Steam is not everything. It's a shame great game lost due to lack of marketing.

2. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Lawrence_Shagsworth Joke Slayer Official Server Admin

The developers of the game(Transhuman Design) are putting most of their effort into another game called Trench Run. They still do maintenance on KAG, but it's mainly bug fixes and balance changes. I think @Geti and a few others are still working on KAG.

The community has been working on revamping the outdated KAG wiki(I will link the group below). Moreover, the developers have been planning on adding more detail to the ingame tutorial.
    Some members of the community are in the process of making tutorials etc.. I believe I recall @TheDirtySwine and others making some tutorials and streaming the game on Twitch(again, will link below).
    The dev's have tried a lot of marketing tactics. For example, KAG has been featured on Humble Bundle, and other notable places on the internet.

Apologies for the long-winded post, but welcome to the game/forums. Enjoy your stay!
    Links:
    KAG Wiki Contributors
    TheDirtySwine's Knight Guide
    King Arthur's Gold(Humble Bundle)

icemusher and TheDirtySwine like this.
  3. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Making a tutorial for each of the classes is on my to do list. The knight tutorial should be one of the next videos I release.

Unfortunately with the difficulty of this game, player retention has become quite an issue. I'm hoping to solve that problem by making a basic, yet slightly in depth tutorial for each of the classes.

4. Snake19

Snake19 RIP Staff Alumni Donator
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

The problem is that few people have the courage to read tutorials.
    It is indeed preferable to do it in video OR even better in game.

I think the kag solo should be greatly improving, with steps at starts to the noob until the pros, showing some tips all in several languages etc ...
    I also think the kag solo should be free, for players have the time to improve in solo, before entering in the vast world of multiplayer.

This would help the players to have much more experience in the game before going multi and not ragequit the game after a few hours.
    So who says Free = more people who will test the game and therefore will be the envy of buy it. Some videos multiplayer CTF, Skill videos (like sang etc..), fun video, and competitive video directly published on the game could also help to show that we can become strong in this game, that we can have fun and there is a ton of fun events! :)

5. TheDirtySwine

I really love making videos. A video tutorial is one of the next things on my to do list. My hopes is that THD will support future content I create. I'm trying to produce high quality content to show off kag's best features.

6. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Re: solo should be free - it is.
    Re: it should be improved - easier said than done, but that is basically Skinney's todo list in a nutshell.

Re: tutorials and the like - definitely would help newbies who are actually willing to learn, but the majority just jump in, and either
    • go builder, minecraft behind tent, get shouted at and quit
    • go knight, jabspam and hold WD, get shouted at and quit
    • go archer, spam arrows from the biggest tower, get shouted at and quit

blackjoker77777 and Snake19 like this.
  7. TheDirtySwine

I'll have to incorporate a "don't give up" mentality in my tutorials then haha

Geti and Snake19 like this.
  8. Leo

Leo Haxor

Shouters must be punished! :rollseyes:

Mariox222 likes this.
  9. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

I don't think anyone gets shouted at for that last one. In fact, they're so oblivious to what goes on around them that I'll bet they have achieved nirvana and are meditating through KAG.

icemusher and PUNK123 like this.
  10. Hakma

Hakma Catapult Fodder

Blame totalbrit