1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Bring back some maps?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kittycity, Aug 9, 2015.

1. kittycity

kittycity Haxor

I think we should bring back some of the older maps that have gone into retirement.

such as: felleres 4 rivers
    Fellere_FourRivers.png
    new getisburg mines (tunnel warfare!)
    JTG_NewGetisburgMines.png
    Monsteri ctf 1 (i dont know if this is the one im thinking about but it has a like dirt castle in the middle)
    MonsteriCTF1.png

etc

2. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

The first was way too big, even for TTH.
    Tunnels are cancer to begin with, and a lot of people dread maps with premade tunnels anyway.

But yea, I agree that we need some new maps, or some old ones.
    Most of the maps are getting a tad bit stale.

3. there's a reason these maps are gone

PUNK123 and Tern like this.
  4. kittycity

kittycity Haxor

yea felleres 4 rivers is huge and alot of the times when it was only 5 people in the server its pretty bad.. but when you have a full server with non scrubs it makes for a great match
    also this post is not to just be "bring back deze mapz!!!!" but also "hey new maps plox"

icemusher likes this.
  5. sangfroid

sangfroid What is your raison d'ĂȘtre? Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

I know I'm among the minority on this but Fellere's Four Rivers was one of my favorite maps in the previous rotation. When you had a populated server the map allowed for fun long matches (albeit stalemate-inducive at times) that really required a cohesive effort amongst a teams builders and offensive support to win. I understand that the two center lakes in the map and the large amount of bedrock in mid were some of the biggest factors for some people's distaste so, to compromise, an edited version of the map (with smaller lakes and less bedrock) might be the best way to be able to enjoy the map again.

6. Leo

Leo Haxor

Worst map ever, even when it was default I had it removed from my servers. Reason ? Way too big map for this game. Too few players ? You couldn't even find the enemy. Full server ? Lag and more lag. And even 20 players weren't enough for this map.

PUNK123 and icemusher like this.
  7. daskew87

daskew87 Legendary corpse humper Donator

I love these responses lol ::):

8. heX_

heX_ Bison Rider

Ran Four rivers for a while, had to remove it in the end. nice map but just too big. Fellere's Two Rivers would make for a much better map.

Also, what is the goal of this thread? To change the default mapcycle?

9. kittycity

kittycity Haxor

@heX_ its mainly a call to change / add some maps to the cycle right now. I titled it bring back some maps because I liked these maps and some people havent seen them(I realize now j couldve titled it "new map cycle?" Then mentioned the maps in the thread

Uh I dont know who chooses what maps we have so ima just gonna do @Furai and I would still like for these maps to be considered to come back.. even if these maps arent gonna come back for sure we could do for some new maps

Last edited: Aug 23, 2015