1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

The "I'm new/leaving/back" Thread

Discussion in 'Beginner Box' started by Monsteri, Aug 3, 2011.

Tags:
Mods: Gurin
  1. Snake19

Snake19 RIP Staff Alumni Donator
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

Hello Kag, I will take a break of Kag for a little while ...
    I do not know when I come back.
    But I no longer able to played as before ... My skill in Knight is dead for two months now.
    In the other classes I play well every second day.
    I can no longer stand this.
    I take a break of Keg, hopping at my return i get better.

Bye bye Everyone.

2. heX_

heX_ Bison Rider

...wow.
    I feel pretty much the same way. Since a month or two (I'm pretty sure it was build 1500), I suck at knight. Before that, I was pretty good at knight (never as good at the top knights, but good) but ever since then I largely suck, which is annoying since knight/builder was my favourite combo. Since then I switched to mostly builder, but that gets tedious especially if you're mostly a defensive builder like me. I also tried archer, which is interesting but I'm starting back at the bottom basically, which is not a nice thing after spending so long on the game and given KAG's steep learning curve (I almost never played archer before).
    I think the main, but not only, problem is that shielding is almost entirely broken and I used to rely heavily on shielding until the right time to strike. I've also heard several more knights (good ones, too) complain about this, but they seem to adapt much better than I have, or perhaps never shielded that much to begin with.
    Is this also why you think you're no longer good at knight?

Come to think of it, @Geti , I seem to remember you saying it was technically possible to run a previous build of KAG on a server; Could you point me in the right direction as to how to do this? I'd like to try hosting the build before 1500 as a test.

Anyway Snake, we don't know eachother well but you always seemed like a nice guy. Best of luck and maybe see you around again later :thumbs_up:

3. Snake19

1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

oh my god so there are people in the same situation as me! :O

Indeed I did was not sure but you just confirmed my suspicions when you said that you also have problems with the shiled!

I also think this fucking shield is broken. every time I'm over someone and I slash jumping him I feel he has a concrete shield! Previously this worked very well and he was taking damage quite easily. Since this cursed update it stopped working.

I feel like a paper shield. By cons I have the impression that all other people have a concrete shield wtf? I think they are better adapted to this update than me ...

I think that happened when they correcting the glitch "slash cancel" ...
    Whenever a glitch is corrected in knight there is always something different!
    Remind you before (I think this is the buid 1180) when they were corrected "the wall jump glitch infinity" ... it has broken the jump ... We can't jump more high as before.

4. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

no shit you cant jump as high as before because you used to be able to jump as high as you wanted(also wallrun was reduced from 4 blocks to 3)

5. link6155

link6155 Haxor Staff Alumni Tester Official Server Admin
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

You guys think jumping is bad now? Try going back to classic ::P:
    Tried playing classic the other day, felt like trying to swim through molasses, it's so slow compared to the current version.

I think jumping is fine right now. Combat is a bit screwy, especially when you're facing off against someone with 200+ ping.

6. Snake19

1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

when I go on classic I always try to wall jump and surf without success :c haha

7. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Cut the off topic talk please, there's other places for that.

8. MadRaccoon

MadRaccoon Haxor

I'll be out for a week, cya.

9. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Bye coon, have fun.

10. Sohkyo

Sohkyo Bison Rider
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I'm leaving for now, maybe I won't return.

11. EhRa

1. KRPG

Have fun with whatever your going to do.

12. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Dang, son. Glad to you're still here for me to come back to.

Also, yes, for those who haven't already caught the memo, I've returned. Decidedly more time-poor, but hopefully with a much less precarious work/study/life balance. During my hiatus I've had not a few ideas for both KAG (incl. a potential fix for stale CTF matches) and the wider community & forum. Whether I get to implement any of them is another matter, ofc, but take this as a pre-emptive headsup just in case some of the craziness in my head actually manages to leak out.

It's good to be back. :rekt:

13. PanduhsFTW

PanduhsFTW Ballista Bolt Thrower Staff Alumni

Welcome back, Fuzziest of Blue Barons. Glad to have you back.

14. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Merci. How's it been going? ^_^

15. EhRa

1. KRPG

Wb fbb, glad to have you back.

16. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Lawrence_Shagsworth Joke Slayer Official Server Admin

[​IMG]
    WB man!

17. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

I'm glad that you're finally back. There was a small void in the forums without ya.
    Can't wait to see all of your ideas.

18. FuzzyBlueBaron

19. Snake19

1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

[​IMG]

Ahah Glad you are back Fuzzy :P

20. FuzzyBlueBaron

Ahaha. Oh man, oh man. Haha. That cracked me up good. Grand to see you still kicking about, Snake. ::):

Mods: Gurin