1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Recruitment Moderator Applications

Discussion in 'Groups' started by king-george, Sep 6, 2015.

1. king-george

king-george Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

If you would like to apply, then you have to agree on these requirements:

Requirements:
    • Being able to understand and formulate correct sentences in English
    • Playing KAG regularly (at least once a month)
    • Being mature and not abusing the moderator powers
    • Using your forum account regularly
    Use this form when applying on moderator status:

Form:
    • Previous experience
    • Why do you want to be a moderator here?
    • What makes you unique? (mad coding skillz/wonderful pixel art/etc.)
    • Where are you positioned? ( Aka, in which time zone are you? )
    Here are the current moderators/administrators/owners:

Moderators:
    Administrators:
    • None
    Owners:

Good luck.

Note: Please do not post anything else than applications and recommendations in this thread.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  2. Astro1234

Astro1234 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Previous Experience:
    I was admin on Thermous Sandbox until the server shut down, unfortunately. I am also willing to ask questions if I need help.

Why do you want to be a moderator her?:
    I wish to help the community, and help players with problems. I also wish to help lower the amount of griefing committed on the server.

What makes you unique? (mad coding skillz/wonderful pixel art/etc.):
    I design maps for Chrispin, for his modded server, wizard wars. I also create pixel art for enjoyment. I speak a little of Japanese, as well as Italian and German.

Where are you positioned? ( Aka, in which time zone are you? ):
    I am positioned in Australia. The time zone currantly is AEST or UTC + 10. I available to play from 10am to 9pm, and available on the forums to be contacted 6:30am to 9pm.

3. jonipro

jonipro Haxor Tester
    1. Terracraft's Servers

• Moderator Application!
    • I am thirteen years old :>
    • Previous experience,Ctf expanded(unofficial)+ an other clan server
    • Why do you want to be a moderator here? To tell griefers and un-friendly players to stop,And to have fun of course!
    • What makes you unique? (mad coding skillz/wonderful pixel art/etc.) : Well,i can help people with thier computers and servers and modding, I am very friendly and i say good morning to everyone and so.
    • Where are you positioned? ( Aka, in which time zone are you? ) Central European time zone,Sweden.
    Steam www.steamcommunity.com/Id/Terracraft123
    Youtube: www.youtube.com/Id/terracraft321

Who would recommend being a mod,matlock,Livia,toxic,[LVT] Osmo,Cacus.

:) Best friends for ever + ( FAIR PLAY!)

Last edited: May 17, 2016
  4. MoxyFoxy

MoxyFoxy Shipwright
    1. [Server] Sandbox Reborn

Heyo, SkyHorse here, applying for mod on Sandbox Reborn!
    • Mod on Terminus Sandbox and Z Place.
    • Well, just like everyone else I want to kick the butts of griefers/spammers/spontaneous killers/ (I will never perma ban tho) and over all make the server a more peaceful, cooperative place. Also, being able to join the server even when it's full is a giant plus ::D::wink:::P:
    • I…uh, really can't do anything cool like coding…:QQ: I do know a lot of commands though, so chances are if a noob doesn't know a command I can help him out 100%!
    • Unfortunately, I'm in central US timezone, which kinda stinks, with the server being in Europe and all, but, on the bright side, having a mod in US timezone ensures that there's someone who can watch the server while you guys over in Europe are sleeping!:smug:

• Idk about checking the forum a lot, since I have an account now I can try, I guess a few minutes a day to just check it isn't much.
    • My playing schedule is pretty random, but I always play at least 4 times a week, probably in the day on Tuesday and Thursday and mornings and evenings on Monday, Wednesday, Friday.
    • I am a student, so there could be periods where I'm incommunicado, rushing to get assignments submitted and papers written, etc.
    • I've been playing kag for 1.5 years now, so I like to think that I have lots of experience, even if it's not even close to measuring up to you guys who have been playing kag since it came out. I have about 1000 playing hours on steam, with idle hours subtracted.
    • I play kag on Steam, my full username is wildskyhorse. My current name is SkyHorse155.
    I'm not sure how to verify that I'm SkyHorse, will a screenshot of my profile work?
    ::):::D::huh?::wink::B)::smug:25252525:migrant::chicken:

5. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Mmhm, I dont see really anything that would differ you from regular admin (not including the US zone lol)
    May beh, you got some pixelart skills or you can do fine maps? Probably can help with ppl talking on nonEnglish popular language?
    And a subquestion:
    How u got admin on those servers ^ ?
    I heard its pretty random on those
    About 2nd point - everyone would sure do some banning/kicking as admin, but if owners would choose with that around 35% of players should've been admin, while its nomoar then 2-3%
    3rd point - bsclly repeting, but commands are not enough >.> Everyone can go search KAG folder for new commands, but still far not everyone can help newb players in explaining game mechanics, give instructions about mechanics (lol) and explain special additions on this server.
    Add ppl who can reccomend you, because notlooking I seen you 1 or 2 times mostly you were not talking busy knightin' ppl
    Anyway. GL with getting adminship on server, just notice this things ^ to become a better admin

6. MoxyFoxy

MoxyFoxy Shipwright

I really wish I had special talents…but I'm about as naturally uncreative as it can get, and I probably don't have the time to learn pixel art/map making/ etc.
    I got admin on Z place by befriending Zane, took a while but he finally decided he trusted me enough to gimme mod. It was actually really weird how I got admin on Terminus, and yes it was extremely random. At the time I got mod there was a super admin who was frequenting the server named King Dylan, who was handing out moderator to basically everyone on the server without it even being solicited. After a while, the server owner, bad.biz, came through and narrowed the mod numbers down a ton, and he decided to leave me after we'd been on the server at the same time. So I kind of did get official mod after all.
    I know lots of kag people, but idk who would actually take the trouble to go pop in and recommend me...
    If you know Ollimarrax or anybody else from KR, my (basically dead) clan, you could probably ask them.
    That's funny and also sad that you don't really recognize me much :QQ:, because I definitely know you...:QQ::QQ::QQ::QQ::QQ:
    The best I can offer king gorge is that I'd try my very best to be a fair moderator, and I'd play a lot.::(:

7. BarsukEughen555

Oy, if Olli can reccomend you, that it would be awfully fine c:
    The stores tho ^ xD
    Well, we need US admins :o +1

8. Olimarrex

Olimarrex Ballista Bolt Thrower Official Server Admin

+1 for Skyhorse! (moxy foxy)

9. Osmal

Osmal Bison Rider Donator

Sup, its osmo here =)
    • Previous experience: -Was mod on Sopranos servers and Loverbutt's butt butties sandbox, while they still existed.
    • Why do you want to be a moderator here? -I spend a lot of time on the server and am willing to contribute to the mod, as much as I can.
    • What makes you unique? -I handle all kind of media, such as pixel art and sound design/music. I am also getting into map making and programming. Also studying in audiovisual school (mostly sound, also animation/film)
    • Where are you positioned? -Helsinki, Finland

10. MoxyFoxy

MoxyFoxy Shipwright

Go Osmo!::D:::)::thumbs_up::smug:::P::migrant::zchicken:

11. reddigex

reddigex Builder Stabber

Hello My name is The_Soviet I have currently never have had my admin removed for abusive purposes or any others I have lots of experience I am Located in the US and i am in california's time zone I am friendly with all I absolutely love roleplaying and I will not hesitate to help a newbie but I am pretty strict with greifers first giving a warning then a 10 min ban if they come back and continue its a day ban i think you get the point and I used to know barsuk although he may not have the best opinion of me I still have high hopes I am pretty good at spriting/character modeling I am really artistic and I love drawing on paper Feel free to contact via steam or forum.

12. Bint

Bint Haxor

+1
    +1

13. king-george

Erm, please practice your grammar a bit... We want admins that can formulate correct sentences in English.

14. reddigex

reddigex Builder Stabber

Well my apologies but I haven't lived in the U.S my entire life.

15. JaytleBee

JaytleBee Ballista Bolt Thrower

I'm pretty sure most of our admins have never lived in the US. You could really use some punctuation (and your sentence structure is really weak). Maybe if you practice english a bit and then give this another go? Also, maybe show some of your sprites. One last tip, if you don't really know the language, just stick to the form.

16. Olimarrex

Olimarrex Ballista Bolt Thrower Official Server Admin

I'm going to say nothing other than this, his sentence made perfect sense to me. So why should it matter...

17. king-george

Because we want moderators that can be understood clearly.

18. BarsukEughen555

Its just strange if you cant get the sentences admin tells and, as in end, have no idea of why you got ban.
    Lets be honest, lisedpuis with his awful gramar love dong bans with hard reasons to get and he can't even explain them properly, no idea how is he still getting some admin work in Classic

19. MoxyFoxy

MoxyFoxy Shipwright

Guys, this is serious here, you badly, BADLY, need a US admin who can play during the evening hours in the States who can manage the server. I was just on, from 7:00 pm to 7:45 my time, and it was chaos.

The map was the same one from 3 hours before, a small one, and it was very laggy. There was an afk who had been at spawn for an an hour, as I had seen him join when I left the server last. I joined and attempted a map switch, and was met with severe backlash, despite there being no more room to build and the map pockmarked with random shops, pits, and half created/destroyed creations. I though, "whatever, I can try again in a few minutes and they'll probably see the logic in it." Osmo joined after this, and we decided to do apocolypse rp underground, one of the few areas where you could build. We managed this for about 3 minutes until another rp-er joined us, and that was great. But then, a 4th person wanted to join us, and that was also great, until our 3rd guy decided that the innocent player who wanted to join in making the bunker was a zombie and had to be killed. Now, I understand that he was rp-ing. That's all cool, but he did this and killed the poor guy despite Osmo and I's protests to let him join. I actually wasn't particularly upset about him making the plot more interesting, but i was upset when Osmo, continuing the rp, killed our 3rd guy because he got infected and was met with a teamkiller vote kick! Well, Osmo got kicked, so the rp ended. I attempted another map skip, which was voted against. At this time I got ping kicked, so I missed whatever happened on the server for 10 minutes. When I came back though, it was even worse. There were 2 guys who were dueling, and in the process dropping kegs and bomb on stuff, catapults were being spawned in large numbers by different people so that they could drive them down a large gold slide and crash them at the bottom(lol that was actually pretty cool, despite being super laggy) the afk was still there, and there was a poor guy who destroyed an abandoned shop building so he could build who ended up getting raged on.

I finally succeeded in skipping the map, despite the anguished cries of one guy who was way too attached to the previous map, even tho it was rekt. This guy proceeded to flood the majority of the caves on this map(its the one with the huge underground and lake+island at the top) in order to get back at us. There were still 2 guys who were dueling with kegs and bombs. I did another vote, since people were complaining about the small topsoil and flooded underground, which passed despite the same guy who voted no. At this point, he decided to start taking it out on me by killing me. I didn't end up spending much longer on the server.

I don't mean to sound ragey. I just really, really want a us admin. I don't care if it's me or not, I just want someone who for my sake and the sakes of players who actually wanna play and have fun, can control the server. I don't have many screenshots because it didn't occur to me till very late to document it and report anybody on the server. I still don't want to report anybody, because I feel like there were specific, aggravating circumstances that led those people being ass*****, and they deserve a second chance.

P.S. sorry if I posted this in the wrong thread, reports didn't seem right, and this is a plead for a u.s. admin, so i figured it would work on the mod thread.

20. BarsukEughen555

Nicknames of keg/bomb spammers, the angry guy, and just have some patience :l
    Small note: report need approvment, and good reports increasese chances of getting admin, as this shows you can act calmfully, peacefully and are able of solid approvment to be done.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 8, 2015, Original Post Date: Oct 8, 2015 ---
    Ik its not obviously almost about your message, but if guys spam kegs and so on, report em, please.
    Not telling the nicknames of griefers shows that you are covering their asses, this means that you are crashing rules together with them.
    Thanks for information given, I will try to join earlier then usual to seek out for those beasty guys^
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 8, 2015 ---
    +1 moar point for adminstatus btw ;O