1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Grappling hook to OP?

Discussion in 'Archer' started by samsamkill4fun7, Sep 24, 2015.

?

What Do You Think Op Or Ballenced

1. Op

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Ballenced

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

Archer and Knight are on a level playing field at the moment.

Grapple is only overpowered to a player with little insight into game mechanics and design. It is an infinite movement tool beyond anything that kag has elsewhere. It also comes with many designed drawbacks:

-You have no health, a builder can kill you if he plays smart

-Your attacks consume ammo, You can only fight up front for so long without any enemy archers to feed you

-Grapple can easily kill you as much as it can save you, fall damage is very harsh, and you can die from falling a simple 10 blocks at high enough velocity.

It is an art of balancing necessity with safety and skill. Using grapple in the wrong situation will kill you 9.995 times out of 10

EhRa and Blue_Tiger like this.
  2. samsamkill4fun7

samsamkill4fun7 Horde Gibber

well looking at what everyone said i guess i have to say its balanced and wont need a nerf thanks for your opinions
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 26, 2015, Original Post Date: Sep 26, 2015 ---
    Im going to sound like a total nub here cause this (along with my arrow buff thread) is my first thread

How do i lock::P:

3. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

Lock threads? Ask an admin and they will happily oblige. You can look them up yourself with the search if you like, or just look at the "who is online" tab.

4. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

You can always report your own thread, the main post, saying that you want to close this topic as it was answered. I guess this is the fastest way to get mods attention and the easiest one.

Locked.

Trumbles likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.