1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for a New Co-op/Multiplayer Game to Play. Need Suggestions!

Discussion in 'Other games' started by TheDirtySwine, Sep 28, 2015.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

I'm interested in finding a game that is like kag in that it requires skill to play. I'm interested in finding a game with in-depth mechanics so that I can constantly learn new ways to play. The reason behind this is because I'm trying to find a game that my friend @xRush101 and I can enjoy. He lost interest in kag a while ago and Trench Run isn't coming out anytime soon.

I already own:
    CSGO, League of Legends, Rust

Please don't suggest MOBA's or Cod

jimmyzoudcba likes this.
  2. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Risk of rain

3. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

Rainbow six seige has come along nicely. It's only the beta right now but it's very promising. Uplay sucks though.

4. Trench Run ye.

5. qpKillerqp

qpKillerqp Haxor

Project Zomboid maybe? The game is tons of fun with a friend and is still in development.One of my favorites25252525

6. Redshadow6

Redshadow6 Bison Rider
    1. FUN Servers

Brawhalla, Duelyst, Nidhogg, Magicite, Depth, Magicka, Unepic, Bloody Trapland , Hammerwatch, ...Minecraft( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Fate, jimmyzoudcba and BlueLuigi like this.
  7. Vamist

Vamist THD Team THD Team Tester

HALO 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xbox one only, 29 days to go before I get it and finish it in that day...

Anyway, If he has a lot of time to waste, play warframe, 1 day to build a weapon, 3 days for warframe, its a event to win, not pay to win.

Get Just Cause 2, It has a good campaign, I still play it, almost near 90% done.. And when your done with that, you got the multilayer mod, its full of random things.. Ramming, races, GTA 5 but its mixed with goat simulator..

That is all I can say.. the rest are games that are in-depth campaign.. e.g. halo, portal,fear 2 (the best/most jump scare one there is, fear 3 is just good mechs, but dull) Mirror's Edge, NOT A HERO is a very good one, its not multiplayer, but its fun, Its If you like puzzles mixed with fast action gun shooting rabbit lord games..
    Orcs Must Die is fun to play, With friends mostly, Project zomboid is good if you can set up a server, Or find a good one with low amount of people.
    Serious Sam 3: BFE Is a fun game, Action with a lot of random stuff, And if you get into it, there around 100 Easter eggs to find inside of it.
    Left 4 Dead 2 is very fun to play with, on steam the mods are so funny, from racist to Very random cat zombies mod.. Or rainbow blood ect.
    The binding of Issac is good, but as long as you don't mind going over and over doing the same thing again, then you will like it,

And thats all I can say..

8. Hospitalizer

Hospitalizer Shopkeep Stealer

This is what I play
    Program needed to play and down loads necessary wads for on line co-op play https://zandronum.com/

Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
  9. CowboyDan

CowboyDan Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

rocket league

Lava, heX_ and Gurin like this.
  10. CSGO IS LIFE. @PanduhsFTW @Mazey and I ROCK THIS SHIT. Once you have your competitive rank its super fun. definitely the best game ive played in a while. But if you end up in silvers ranks I highly suggest you just quit.

Mazey and PanduhsFTW like this.
  11. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

If you both own a 3DS, I can't recommend Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate more.
    If not, Hammerwatch is pretty good, and so is Risk of Rain. Vindictus is good if you're looking for a skill-based MMO. Although stats play a pretty large part in vindictus, so does skill, I've seen max level players go down against bosses that can barely touch me (and I'm currently 17 levels and a few armor sets away from the level cap).

12. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

I placed Gold Nova Master. He doesn't like CSGO for whatever reason.

Thanks for all of the suggestions everyone!

13. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Im having a lot of fun lately with Earth 2150 Lost souls, i believe there is multiplayer. It looks like an old game but its quite fun.

14. When I grew tired of KAG a few months ago I picked up Borderlands (1 and 2 Game of the Year Edition) and I have to say it is one of the most fun Co-Op experiences I have had. The dialogue is great, art style grows on you and so much diversity when it comes to loot. I couldn't put it down for ages with the endless hours of gameplay, And as fun as it is solo, co-op (up to four players) is great.

Relatively cheap on Steam, if you haven't tried a game like it I highly recommend it.

15. Darknighte9

Darknighte9 Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. KAG Competitive League

Rivals of Aether bro. Taking the world by storm right now. I know you were worried about there not being enough content but only a week into its the games life and I've already seen so many people with different playstyles. Lots of depth to each character so far and fairly easy to pick up.

Also, as qpKiller mentioned, Project Zomboid is a great game with a dedicated development team, its just a darn shame it keeps getting overshadowed by overrated games like DayZ and H1Z1. Truly a diamond in the rough and fun to play with friends.

16. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

Brawlhalla.

EhRa likes this.
  17. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I own/enjoy most of these games so I'll just provide an alternate view here.

Brawlhalla - How many people are on fluctuates a bit, also don't expect a smash bros clone, it's not.
    Magicite - Have friends to play it with or don't bother.
    Nidhogg - Low seller due to the initial cost, not sure it went down, but given it's original '2 player only' multiplayer issues, it wasn't as huge as it could have been. I haven't purchased it yet, but have kept an eye on it, it does look better recently though.
    Unepic - Fun, need allies to play with, the singleplayer is rather boring compared to the multiplayer but the multiplayer requires going back and replaying levels with your friends, a lot of the levels are very tough, like most DnD(stat RPG)-inspired games, it's not very forgiving on bad choices, make your choice of character early and stick to it.
    Hammerwatch - Has a few annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnoying bugs that will make it so that you don't get too far unless you get around them, most of them were fixed 3~ months ago, but I believe a few crash bugs are still in.
    Minecraft - ( ͡°╭͜ʖ╮͡° ) Seriously though, if you do it play it with mods. The unfortunate thing about minecraft is if you didn't get it early you're paying an arm and a leg, unless you... acquire it by alternative means. You also want need friends to play with unless you're some fucking super aspie.

I'll throw some more in here.
    Dota 2/Smite/LoL/HotS - Honestly picking up a MOBA to keep you busy is a good idea if you haven't tried one, there are MANY around and in many cases while depending on which you pick you need to be able to tolerate that community (PM me if you have questions as I've played em all), it usually will sate your gamer's blood for more complicated gameplay as you go, the only thing keeping it back is the fact that you have to play with 4 other dickwads who are probably just as shit as you if not worse. (I see you already play LoL but it has to be thrown out there) [There's also Magicka Wizard Wars that 'loosely' is considered a MOBA]
    If you want something to just fuck around for a bit Demigod (Released way before LoL/etc, but after DotA (obviously)) is a fun little moba to mess around in, but not very much so for a larger scene than messing around against bots or with 8~ friends.

[ARTS] Marvel Heroes 2015/Path of Exile - The former if you have a casual friend to play, the latter if you have 'gaming' friends to play with as you've stated, especially for uncovering fun mechanics. If you enjoy either of these I can also suggest Grimdawn , I've heard nothing but good things from PoE enthusiasts (I myself am one), I can ask AJ as he owns it if anything changed recently, but as of 9~ months ago with a good overhaul I've only heard good things and the few streams I watched showed it coming along nicely. Also while I am NOT a big fan of it myself, Diablo 3 is enjoyed by quite a few people especially after one of the big updates, this will however require a decent monetary investment.

Dungeon of the Endless - Very fun, unfortunately has terrible problems with connection dropping multiplayer and players cannot rejoin when it happens. They fixed ONE of the issues, but there are many and they really kill the mood.

Don't Starve Together - Very fun, no overall problems with it, can use dedicated servers if you're into that. Would suggest 4+ people though if possible, it gets more 'fun' with the chaos of quite a few people, whereas it's sort of more manageable when there's only 2.

Risk of Rain - Pretty fun, no overall big issues I can think of with it, would suggest playing with both of you, very fun for 2 player.

Robocraft - Recent update allows just using other people's inventions without having to 'make' them yourself, this could be good, this could be bad, haven't played it since this update. Pretty fun make cars/etc and shoot down your enemies. CTF very fun.

Terraria/Starbound - Pretty fun for 2-10 people (both of them), Starbound is funner with mods the second time (especially side quest/dungeon mods). (Expect a week max out of these)

Age of Empires II - Do you even, bro?

Rocket League - I haven't played it on my own account but watched my little brother play it and played it on his a little bit, it's quite fun. Cars+Soccer = Who knew it would be fun.

Torchlight II - Another ARTS, pretty fun, second runthrough with mods is also not a bad idea. My only gripe here is it suffers heavily from 'Oh you went on without me?' syndrome, so make sure if it's just you two that you only play when you're both there, if you add more people in this becomes more difficult, so it's good for 2-3 people at most.

Fate, Mazey and TheDirtySwine like this.
  18. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Oink, go play Goat Simulator m8
    All the depth is in it

Mods: BlueLuigi