1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Mapping Competition

Discussion in 'Maps' started by SpitfireXero, Nov 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpitfireXero

SpitfireXero KAG Guard Tester

I would like to hold a mapping competition. The winner will receive a Premium version of KAG from Noburu and can do as they please with it! I would really love to see the amount of creative output that this may evoke.

The goal of the competition is to come up with the most aesthetically pleasing map for the Attack/Defense game mode. [<-click for link]
    • If you have submitted maps prior to this competition and would like to use them, you are allowed to do so.
    • If you are submitting more than one map, please keep them all in ONE post.
    • Do not post humongous maps; there isn't a set rule for how large the map can be, but seriously, keep it reasonable. You don't need a map that is 1000 pixels in width, or at least don't let it exceed that length.
    • You will get bonus points if you make the map practical for playing certain game modes on it.
    • You are encouraged to take inspiration from many things; Super Smash Bros. stages, for example. It'd be great if you provided a link to what you used as a reference, though, so the map can be compared to this.
    • You must provide screenshots from within the game. Do not post them in the IMG format that the forum uses, just post links to them so the entire thread isn't clogged up.
    • You must also provide the .png of the map; You are allowed to post the IMG of that.
    • Please provide some basic information: Map Name, Length and Width
    I am putting a two week deadline on this, so starting now (25 November 2011) until (9 December 2011).

And again, the game mode you must focus on is Attack/Defense. [<-CLICK FOR LINK TO THREAD].

Tutorial on Mapping: http://kagforum.com/index.php?threads/map-making-tutorial.1834/

BlueLuigi and Wonka like this.
  2. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I may be able to arrange a tangible reward for this.
    I'll get back to you on it.

Acavado likes this.
  3. Wonka

Wonka KAG Guard Tester

I'll just post the thread where I uploaded my map (shortens the post):
    Alien Attack

4. Baron_Norab

Baron_Norab KAG Guard Tester

5. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

6. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

7. SpitfireXero

I would encourage people to take inspiration from video game levels, as Baron Norab did.

8. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

How about this? I will donate a gift code for premium to the winner to use as they see fit.

Jackal, Shadlington, Acavado and 2 others like this.
  9. baranok

baranok Shopkeep Stealer

10. SpitfireXero

Thank you Baranok. Please provide a link to the thread specifically for this map!

11. Jackal

Jackal Shark Slayer

Well, at the request of Spitfire, I present Mount Flarell. It measures 500x300 pixels and consists of a mountain base held by Blue, a very large bridge and three increasingly larger Red fortresses. Red is supplied with a small number of catapults and an outpost, and Blue has a large stock of catapults and an outpost. No matter what team you choose, this map promises an exciting and heartily long-lasting battle.

[​IMG]

Screenshots compiled into an informative graphic interchange format file.

12. The Death Star
    Not very artistic (except this ugly laser in the top left corner), but I wanted to make the Death Star map and this is perfect occasion.
    Features ventilation shaft and special blue's starship which doesn't look like Darth Vader.
    Gameplay: blues travel from the starship to the red flag which is under famous shaft from the movie*, they travel by the shaft to the top and fly away on the ladders, then run to their base in the starship.
    I think, after replacing the tents, it could be usefull in massive TDM.

* At first I wanted to place block which holds whole structure in place of a reactor from the movie (you know, single bomb could destroy the Death Star), but it could just broke whole map, so I resigned. Maybe in TDM version

Edit: isn't it the first vertical map ever?
    Edit2: I fixed some things I forgot about (e.g. "door" to the star).

Attached Files:

Labla, Baron_Norab and Jackal like this.
  13. Jackal

Jackal Shark Slayer

God, that wipes mine off the face of the planet. Great job! I love it!

14. SpitfireXero

No lie I was going to attempt to make a Death Star map but I just couldn't figure out how, so that's awesome that you made one! Thank you for your submission!

15. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Attached Files:

Noburu and Jackal like this.
  16. Jackal

Jackal Shark Slayer

I like it! Aesthetically speaking, I think using ladders looks nicer than bridges. I think most players around before the bridge-spam-update would agree. I love the layout of the castle, though!

Rayne likes this.
  17. McChunks

McChunks Shark Slayer

[AD]The Invaders.png

What's up?
    Trick question, The Invaders are.

Here's my map. Hopefully it's not messed up...
    http://kagforum.com/index.php?threads/ad-the-invaders.2532/
    300x150 Pixels w/ Red in a large frigate type ship
    and Blue on the end of a fighter type ship that are attacking reds frigate.
    3 Catas on the middle fighter and 3 paths to get onto the red frigate.
    Once you're in, it's a fight to the ships high-tech "Coolant Module" a.k.a. flag.
    Grab it and run, that thing is about to blow.

Just saw this thread and decided "Why not" and made this map just now.
    Good stuff, report any bugs or anything ON THE MAP THREAD.
    I'll fix ANYTHING asap as promised. So, I hope you guys like my map.

Jackal and sj67 like this.
  18. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Thank you.
    I realize this and agree, but if all the ladders were broken(one click to destroy :/) then gameplay would stall, was hoping it'd be practical aswell :)

Jackal likes this.
  19. Jackal

Jackal Shark Slayer

Ah, true. I forgot that A/D doesn't have builders.

20. Ehh... I was afraid of it. Thanks for notice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.