1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Brawlhalla

Discussion in 'Other games' started by EhRa, Oct 5, 2015.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

This game is amazing (in my opinion). The mechanics are fun, the available legends are mixed and seem balanced enough.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/291550/
    OPEN BETA NOW

If you have the game, who do you play. I'm currently maining Orion

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
    jimmyzoudcba and BlueLuigi like this.
  2. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

Hattori 's the best

BlueLuigi likes this.
  3. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

Love Brawlhalla, mostly because not many people can deal with the way I fight.

I just juggle my two weapons and use them inbetween unarmed attacks/throw them slowly as spacing tools. Getting good at unarmed makes you really really hard to fight.

EhRa and Sytoplasma like this.
  4. EhRa

1. KRPG

Started using Bödvar to great affect. Went from losing 3/4 games with Orion, to winning 3/4 with Bödvar. His sword and hammer combos can be amazing.

I've been working through unarmed combos and found Slight+Nair amazingly good (for my uses). I've also been practicising dive kicks.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  5. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Going unarmed especially when there's a lot to throw is crazy great ,holding onto items for a bit can work to great effect until they start focusing you then you just have to stay unarmed to hold your ground long enough to get another weapon.

6. Mariox222

Mariox222 Arsonist
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

I main orin too :) i use green color cuz it looks like emerald. Today i reached 69th spot :)

whaz is your ingame name? I fought lots of enemys that just camp around throwing things

7. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

IGN is Travik Wolfe

There's a difference between throwing and running and my style.

I usually throw to lead into attacks or stop charged specials, go in barehanded, knock you around, pick up the weapon again and use it. I use multiple weapons at a time usually, since you can pick them back up as long as they don't sit for too long.

I love when people try to deny me weapons, because I still destroy them. Barehand is just as good as any weapon if you learn how to dodge effectively.

Light down-airs are great gap closers, neutral lights can deny pretty much any attack since they have no windup and stunlock during the combo, all of the strongs have fast recovery, so you can bait attacks with them..

I suggest playing every character and learning the ins and outs of their signatures, makes you unstoppable in ranked.

BTW, if anyone wants to do 2v2 ranked, I think i just hit silver. ELO reset why, lol. Was Platinum before the reset.

8. EhRa

1. KRPG

My fav tactic is to get into attack range, throw you weapon, forcing your opponent to dodge through, then hitting them with a neutral light, neutral heavy (unarmed). This only really works for people who like to dodge into you.

9. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

ELO reset was because top 100 was full of alts and dead accounts as well as to put the new EU and SEA servers on an equal ELO range. Also, I'm 15th EU and 63rd US just to one-up Mariox :B):. I also got like everyone in Europe on KAG to play the game :smug:.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  10. EhRa

1. KRPG

Started playing sentinel. Love ground light neutral heavy attacks with him.
    MAJOR UPDATE:
    The game (in about a week) is going into open beta, hope to see some of you guys around. They've also added a new legend, called Barraza, who's basically some kind of mad max character with guns and an axe.

11. AvadaKedav

AvadaKedav Bison Rider Staff Alumni Donator

12. EhRa

1. KRPG

OPEN BETA IS OUT KIDS, PLAY YOUR HEARTS OUT SINCE IT IS NOW F2P.

13. Blue_Tiger

INFLATE MY ELO TO DIAMOND PLSSS

14. EhRa

1. KRPG

Another update, first after open beta. Adds bows and a character called ember, who uses katars and the new bow. Good luck farming for her.

15. Blue_Tiger

ty, i already bought all legend pack and am currently high plat-diamond with her.

16. EhRa

1. KRPG

Had to farm for her, still stuck in stupid bronze because of lag issues.

17. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

Coming from a number of Smash games, the lack of up-tilts in this game confounds the heck out of me.

Mods: BlueLuigi