1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[TR] Demo Build 2!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Geti, May 11, 2015.

Mods: 101i, Mazey
  1. TeQaS

TeQaS Haxor

So good
    More faster it be sell on this site https://trenchrun.thd.vg/en/ than steam?
    And pre-order giving some items or something?

2. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

I recommended pre-order on Steam including demo before, would be cool and boost their sales but it's up to them.

There are no pre-order bonuses at this point afaik, but maybe those will be added? Not up to me. I do remember Geti saying they were going to show something to backers a few months ago, but I have no idea if that's still planned.

3. MadRaccoon

MadRaccoon Haxor

If you shoot a grenade in mid air, will it explode?

J-man2003 likes this.
  4. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Re: preorder bonuses - there's already a discount. We'll see if MM changes his mind on the price again of course.

Re: early access - We might do early access but we'd rather just finish it than have a whole new wave of feedback and ideas from the steam crowd. We still get a lot of out of date feedback on the demo build, so unless we went back to rolling releases (something that sucks a lot of time out of each week) it'd be a waste of everyone's time and energy. Better to get it done before too many people get the idea to meddle.

Re: grenades shot out of the air - there's a few ways to do this. Sniper can, engineer rockets can collide, and explosions can set them off. Assaults cant shoot them because otherwise there'd be no reliable way to retaliate from behind cover while under fire (and it just seemed random when we tested it).

J-man2003 and MadRaccoon like this.
  5. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

I don't think Early Access would be a great idea too, what I mean was a Pre-Order page.
    [​IMG]
    Basically what you have on trenchrun.thd.vg right now. Demo and pre-order. If you post this in the KAG news on Steam and just in general try to advertise it will boost your sales for sure, better create hype now than never imo.
    Edit: oh and you can apply the reduction in pre-orders but I forgot to add that in the screenshot

Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
    SirDangalang, _Cuffs_, ohman and 3 others like this.
  6. TeQaS

TeQaS Haxor

I wanna buy preorder but i dont understand this: VAT exemption number

7. Mazey

It's about interest, just put PL in there (IIRC you are Polish, if you are not, just click on What is VAT and fill in your country prefix).
    [​IMG]

101i and TeQaS like this.
  8. TeQaS

TeQaS Haxor

When guys with pre-roder can play?

9. Mazey

There is no ETA yet but I think it's planned to be released winter (or spring?)

10. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

@Mazey that kind of thing could be a reasonable idea, i'd definitely wait til the gfx are redone first though (another week or two, we're showing it at PGA and want most of the gfx done by then).

@TeQaS we're trying to avoid ETAs at the moment because with games there's always something you didn't plan for (like this gfx re-do of the last month) - when dates are clear we'll share them, but for now we'll just keep you posted on what's actually happening with development. We're hoping to do a supporter-only preview soon and give out some codes to ensure there's some players for online, but we need to make sure all the online stuff is functioning properly before then, and we need to focus on expo features for PGA, which pushes everything backwards - but showing it at events like this is a good way to get some press and players interested.

SirDangalang, Mazey and butterscotch like this.
  11. Snake19

Snake19 RIP Staff Alumni Donator
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

the game is unlocked now ? o_o

12. Mazey

That's a page I made/edited myself.

13. Snake19

Snake19 RIP Staff Alumni Donator
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

ohhh ok

14. ThE_HeRo

ThE_HeRo Bison Rider

Gimmie!

15. MadRaccoon

MadRaccoon Haxor

Look what I found.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
    bru-jaz, EhRa, SirDangalang and 2 others like this.
  16. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

Soon

SirDangalang likes this.
  17. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Amazing look. It's surprising how making a true background can change a whole game aspect.

18. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Oh mah gawd. That YouTube clip looks amazing

19. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

I bought the game today and i have some noob questions:
    1) I tried but i still cant figure out how to access the option menu. The Esc key only shows me "resume", "return to lobby" (even when im already in it) and "quit game".
    2)My settings as name and controls that you can configure at the start doenst seem to save when i close the game.
    3)I want to know if the local gameplay was removed in these new builds.
    4) Can i play with my gf and my friends from different computres without the 300ms ping of the server (hosted in the US?) via Hamachi or whatever?
    chank iu

20. Mazey

There is no options menu, you can go in autoconfig.cfg and files such as autostart.as if you want to change stuff

Yes, it's a temporary build, there is no logging in etc, you have to set your name every time. It doesn\ sound annoying that it doesn't save your controls though

Yes it was, they want people to buy the game to play offline/online (when it comes out)

No, there is no server hosting software or local play in the preview build/demo

bru-jaz and 101i like this.
Mods: 101i, Mazey