1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[428] Knight Tips and Tricks!

Discussion in 'Knight' started by Saverous, Jul 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saverous

Saverous Shopkeep Stealer

Hello ladies and gentlemen and men pretending to be ladies and in the rare occasion, ladies pretending to be men! I have compiled a collection of useful Knight tips to which I would like to share.

Basics:

ALWAYS REMEMBER THIS: Help others, help yourself. This basically sets the golden rule for knights in KAG.
    Knights.
    Always Shield yourself in contested territory, there may be an archer hiding in trees or that occasional floor camper.
    Always attack the enemy (duh!) even if they have candy.
    Always watch your surroundings; holes, vantage points, archer holes, etc. A good knight always knows their surroundings.
    DO try and collect resources for your front line builders, its hard enough travelling half the map to get some wood.
    DO time your attacks so that you annihilate your enemies.
    DO attempt to bomb-jump, even though you may blow yourself up and cause everyone to ROFL, practice makes perfect.
    DO NOT waste your time hacking at team doors, just dig if you can.
    DO NOT chase an archer, whatever you do, DON'T chase one, or else you'll face a gajillion arrows in your face.
    Always help other knights and builders, by shielding them up or protecting them from incoming arrows (archers can get stuffed because they can climb arrows and there isn't any point in shielding them anymore because of archer holes).

Some more Advanced tips:
    Scenario 1: The Shark pit

Your small base is captured and enemy knights are piling at the bottom of the wall. Your teammates hesitates to attack, all of you are shielding the line.

:door:
    :door: :blue::blue::blue:
    :castle_wall::bridge::bridge: :bridge:
    :castle_wall:
    :castle_wall:
    :red::red::red::red: :castle_wall: <<<- EDIT: some kind of error that doesn't align the blocks... just imagine it lined up with the other blocks.

What do you do: Now, here is the basic rule that stupid KAG knights go for: kill everyone
    What you do here is JUMP YES I SAID JUMP into the pit, actually no, SHIELD GLIDE over them. If your enemies are stupid they would chase you, don't be afraid because all knights go at the same speed. This basically drags all the enemy troops away, enabling your team to form a counterattack.

Scenario 2: The Fight

You are engaged in one to one combat with another knight, you hesitate to use your bomb thinking they would easily dodge it.

What do you do: Use that bomb! Try to force your opponent into a wall, then light your bomb, your opponent will try to vault over you, just shield bash or shield surf him, when the timer is about to end, quickly shield bash him and throw the bomb, this won't give the enemy time to retaliate.

Scenario 3: Hammar Time!

You see some builders hammering away, do you attack or do you wait for backup, too late, their marching towards you, as a knight, you think "easy kill" but after the new build you think "oh god, i'm going to get hammered!".

What do you do: Use your bombs if you have them, builders cannot shield bombs but time it carefully, charge whilst holding the lit bomb then when the timer is nearing the end throw it. If you don't have a bomb, play smart, approach the builders carefully and hold your shield, when you reach them, shield bash then follow it up with a jab, then repeat. Knights need to time their jabs in this situation because builders just hold dig and jump towards you. Since builders don't have shields, always stun them, try to lead them towards a hill and shield glide down, most builders will just jump down and get stunned.

Knights, in conclusion: I hope these tips will help you in your knighting endeavors. Knights are the easiest class to play as yet the hardest to master. Knights are the only class that can kill others in 2 seconds. Knights is what makes KAG a great game to play. Good luck and enjoy!

Saverous out!

FEEL FREE TO ADD ANY COMMENTS OR OTHER TIPS!

Viken, HERaLD and Specta like this.
  2. Bunnyboy

Bunnyboy Haxor

I only ever see experienced players attacking as builder, so if they are a bunch of non-premium players that you have never seen before... GO FOR IT! :D jump on top of them, jab them. I find that this works quite well.

kl4060, Specta and Saverous like this.
  3. Saverous

I agree, most attacking builders will mainly be experienced builders building front line defenses

4. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

Well these are useful tips, but this:

"DO NOT chase an archer, whatever you do, DON'T chase one, or else you'll face a gajillion arrows in your face."

Doesn't really apply to build 428, as archers got their draw time nerfed huge. Some servers still have old draw time because its a server side variable now.

Also if you're worried about combat builders, you should probably throw something in there about blindly following a builder and as he jumps over a small wall he places a spike and laughs while you instagib on the wall. . . In addition to that, builders CAN shield bombs, its just most don't.

:bridge::bridge:
    :bridge::bridge:

If you place two bridges like that and stand in between them most bombs won't kill you as a builder. Because bridges absorb bomb damage like most blocks, but unlike most blocks, you can stand inside of them! Bomb shelter! (kudos to Strathos*)

Specta likes this.
  5. Saverous

The archer nerf probably consisted of more stun time for archers, i was testing a whole bunch of stuff and found out that archers falling off trees get more stun then knights. Then again, most builders in KAG don't really know their blocks

Specta likes this.
  6. Specta

Specta Catapult Fodder

Hey, Thanks for your advice, really helped me :D

Saverous likes this.
  7. joshuared

joshuared Drill Rusher

Awesome thanks for advice! also if ur going to sheild stomp Sheild glide first then go to the stomp! (more damage to them less damage to u :3!

:spam: :teabag: OWWWWWW

8. dandyking7179

dandyking7179 Bison Rider

Forever Knight! Bash their heads open when you bombjump! There's no stopping a knight with the will to win!

9. GreenRock

GreenRock Base Burner

THIS.

10. D0ubl3Tr0ubl3

D0ubl3Tr0ubl3 Shopkeep Stealer

Very good tips (never chase me when I am archer). How the in the world of yellow men do you shield bash?

11. GreenRock

GreenRock Base Burner

It's turned off on some servers, but it's essentially just shielding and jumping toward another knight to bump them back.

12. 3e0jUn

3e0jUn Catapult Fodder

And if you mess up... there'll be lots of knights surrounding you. Any tips or tricks to counter that? I've recently been dying repeatedly because of that.

13. Demon_Jester

Demon_Jester Haxor

My way of avoiding clusters is to spam as much as possible hoping for an opening. That small chance of double slashing through or over the opponent. This, however does not simply work with experienced players, but the need to kill can over take them and mess up their timing.

3e0jUn likes this.
  14. Andr01d

Andr01d Haxor

Bombs are the key to good crowd control

Bunnyboy and 3e0jUn like this.
  15. Viken

Viken Horde Gibber

No need to rush in. You'll never beat a cluster macho vs macho; 2 knights have 4 times as much firepower as you, presuming everyone is at the same skill level.

The key is to pick your battles carefully. Ideally several of the following conditions will be met, although that's not always possible:
    Bombs are also another variable you have to consider. Wait till the last possible second to throw them; this takes practice. They can really thin out a crowd, especially important if said crowd contains a builder who's about to ladder over your defences.

I think I'd only ever consider taking on a group of enemies when I have a few bombs in my pocket, or when I'm taking on players who are vastly inferior skill-wise (which is most of the time, actually; not because I'm particularly good, but because many pub players are total fruit-loops...no offence).

Another aspect to knight game-play is how you work together with your team. A few more pointers, then I'll shut up and stop being a pompous know-it-all.
    All of this advice aside, tactics can only get you so far. Practicing actual combat is what's needed to drive the dagger home after you have outmaneuvered your enemies and put them into a position of almost certain defeat :)

Best of luck, hope that helps a bit. Goddamn, I love this game.

16. stig700

stig700 Ballista Bolt Thrower

good way to slowly kill a knight in 1v1 combat is counter stabbing if they slash try getting as close as possible while they are charging their slash and quickly stab them before their slash hits and the timer is interupted and you can easly kill them then

second way to kil someone with ease is the slash bashing get 5 blocks above your enemy and bash them while slashing its deals 2 hearts of damage 1.5 of the slash and 0.5 from the bash

another bash is the stab bash from more than 7-10 blocks high fly over them with and dont hold the shield down just stab them while hitting you can also take some damage from this but never more than 1 heart and you'll deal 2 hearts of damage if they crough its 1 heart damage so they always take damage unless they juke the attack

Viken likes this.
  17. lil4eyes

lil4eyes Bison Rider

If a knight has 1 heart or just half a heart don't try to slash with the knight. Just jab the knight when they are coming in for a slash, this usually works!

18. Raigbox

Raigbox Shipwright

tip

don't fuck up with a keg

19. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Necro. Last post late 2012

20. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Locked. This build doesn't really need any further discussion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.