1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Signal Fire

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by mcrifel, Sep 28, 2015.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

I always wanted the campfire to have some sort of purpose, I think i have finally come with a reasonable idea. As builder you can create a campfire and then every 5 or so minutes a crate comes falling out of the sky (kinda like tth) with supplies. This could be wood, stone, gold or even bombs, arrows etc.

The campfire must be expensive so it wont be to broken but I think its a fun little idea, what do you think?

2. RampageX

RampageX Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Not something I would want in CTF to be honest, its just not needed.

Snake19, _Cuffs_ and PeggleFrank like this.
  3. PeggleFrank

PeggleFrank Base Burner

This would only encourage people to make giant campfire landing zones near their base for exponentially more and more materials. The only exception to this is in the case that the campfires cost gold, but even then you'd still have a lot of supplies raining down from the heavens, making late-game turtling a very major threat to the enjoyment factor of the match.

Gurin, J-man2003 and RampageX like this.
  4. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

This idea actually pretty good, but I think it should only be gold or rare things like sharks, ballista crates, etc and should be RNG based, but no basic supplies like bombs and builder mats, as said previously it will make stalemates more common.

Another idea: have a rare chance of a necromancer coming out of the box, lmao would be so fun.

5. RampageX

Sharks coming from the sky? Lol no. I can't even stand them in water.

6. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

I didn't mean that... I meant sharks inside a storage crate...

Sytoplasma and RampageX like this.
  7. RampageX

Still don't know why sharks would be in crates falling from the sky lol. If sharks were less OP I would have considered it, but I don't think its a good idea. Unless it would be a really rare chance that they would be in the crate.

PeggleFrank, Snake19 and J-man2003 like this.
  8. PeggleFrank

PeggleFrank Base Burner

If you surrounded the spawn point in stone and put a shark in there, you could kill everyone on your team. They wouldn't be able to get out; if anything, they might deal a tiny bit of damage to a few blocks, but they'd just keep dying and respawning anyway.

J-man2003 and RampageX like this.
  9. RampageX

Which would cause a increase teamkilling and just a hassle for a admin to fix everything after the fact because the sharks are just so hard to kill... Don't get me wrong its not a bad suggestion at all, just not something I would like to see in CTF.

10. blackjoker77777

blackjoker77777 Haxor Tester
    1. Zen Laboratories

I totally agree with what Rampage has already said.
    Sharks would increase stalemates, teamkilling, players laziness and/or craziness.
    Also keep in mind that more crates (with 'items & stuff' in it) means more blobs which means much more fps drops. And as a potato-PC User, I honestly would not prefer that to happen. :P
    use it to cook stuff? :^)
    but on a serious note, I had the intention before of making campfires heal (slowly) damaged players, so that it would be like a camp quarter [easier to build and to get destroyed] and which would heal you if you stay near it for X seconds.
    I agree that it could be a funny idea, the issue is that it might not be balanced enough...

Magmus and RampageX like this.
  11. mcrifel

1. MIST

Then we make it balanced

12. RampageX

The only way I could see cooking work is if instead of dead bodies being useless, they could be cooked and turned into meat? I know that sounds weird, but bodies are useless. I also hate the fact that I have a KEG and I apparently picking up a body's is more important. You could also make it a mod? to test it out.
    To make it balanced, you have to nerf sharks or as I said make them really rare to come out of the crates.

blackjoker77777 likes this.
  13. mcrifel

1. MIST

SHarks out of crates is a terrible idea, i didn't suggest that.

I said wood, stone, gold, bombs, arrows

swagbot, blackjoker77777 and RampageX like this.
  14. blackjoker77777

blackjoker77777 Haxor Tester
    1. Zen Laboratories

Wow, I admit that I literally loved this idea !
    Actually after trying it it seemed much funnier than how I thought it would be, without mentioning that it could be a good way to fix the pickup-conflict issue when it comes to corpses (till a new balanced pickup system takes place [?]).
    here is the mod ( new_fireplace.zip ) in case if you (or anyone else) wants to try it out and burn his enemies corpses to eat them later. >:^;)
    the only bad thing about this idea is that it means:
    killing 3 people => 3 steaks => lone-wolf strategy + veteran + totally invincible => others ragequit + unbalanced game + it's not a singleplayer game + #BlameGeti (even tho I'm sure he won't include this to vanilla game, but let's blame him because...why not?).
    I still like the idea even tho it seems to be a bit twisted & overpowered. :)
    sounds much better, but you know that this means that builders will stay aside waiting for resources ? this will encourage laziness and it would cause some bad performance for some people due to lots of stuff falling from the sky (including myself xD ).

Attached Files:

Diprog, J-man2003 and RampageX like this.
  15. RampageX

I like the idea or going out and getting the resources yourself, but I guess it could work. The only problem would be how would it come?
    Nice job! I will try it out when I have the chance.

J-man2003 and blackjoker77777 like this.
  16. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

Yeah... I didn't find it too balanced either, but I thought it was a nice idea, really only in theory though, obviously, even if rare, free sharks would be kinda, unbalanced. But again there could be other supplies like gold, a surplus of kegs and/or bomb arrows, drills, any vehicle, mooks of your team, etc.

If you think that's unbalanced, which it really is more a slightly unbalanced addition, supply drops from campfires with base mats would be unbalanced and horrible...

Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
    RampageX likes this.
  17. mcrifel

1. MIST

I don't think anybody is going to wait 5 minutes for their resources to drop.

It would come by a falling crate of coarse.

18. swagbot

swagbot Shopkeep Stealer

How would that not be awesome? It adds more dimension to a base instead of just spamming stone/defenses around the flag and tunnels. I love the idea of requiring gold or even coins to activate the supply drop (which will obviously need a hefty cool-down) and I think the amount of camp-fires per map should be limited. Maybe even have it generally limited per map instead of X number of campfires per team to encourage players to take out an enemy campfire inorder for their own team to build another one (eg: 4 campfire cap per map. Red has 2 fires, blue has 2 fires. Red destroys one of blue's fires and is allowed to build a third fire unless blue builds one first.) It'd add more depth to tactics/gameplay for all classes AND base building. Plus, who doesn't want to see a hotair ballon swoop in from the top of the map and drop a supply crate?

The idea of gold/coin based supply drops would greatly curb the problem of a map devolving into a masturbatory ocean of death/wood clusterfuck because of it's limited resources/stone/gold. Also, it'd be fun to see a campfire set in mid by default on a map, without the ability for either team to place more campfires. It has massive incentive implications

19. what if you don't build camp fires but they spawn in the center of the map and they cost coins to activate? It will take X seconds and can only be activated once every X minutes. This would encourage the taking of mid and as long as the drops are just like stone and wood (rarely gold) I could see it being fairly balanced under the condition that it's just a spawn on the map and not something you can build.
    If the builder simply camps the site waiting then it's bad for his team and will benefit the other team. Therefore if you use it properly it can help and it's a nice little bonus for having mid control.

SirDangalang and swagbot like this.
  20. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

It actually doesn't sound too unbalanced as long as OP items don't pop out, or too many items pop out.
    Also can the box stun you if it lands on your head a la MGSV?

Mods: Rainbows