1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Official KAG Servers

Discussion in 'Server Directory' started by FuzzyBlueBaron, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

2. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Nope, the US servers are definitely fucked. Stuff like this doesn't seem like normal clientside lag to me:
    (shitty quality but you can still see the quadruple digit ping spikes)

Pretty much everyone on the server was complaining about the lag, it's been like this for weeks. What's wrong?

...and although I love bc flatmaps, I can only take so much flatness.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
  3. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

I concur, all the US off. servers I've been on recently have HUGE ping spikes. Like 2 seconds of the game will pass before I know what's going on again. I have very stable internet, I know it's not me.

4. kittycity

kittycity Haxor

Yes, for the moment [!] Action Servers have become the new Kag Official CTF US, out with the old boring "official" ctf and in with the hip "ACTION" servers.

5. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

The ones that I'm banned from. :^)

6. Blue_Tiger

Rainbows abusive Guard. Was playing in Jimster's CTF, tried to votekick me twice (both times without reason), both times they failed, and afterwards, he just banned me straight up. Before banning me, I died, ran back to take my water arrows, he stole them and I said to give them back, then just shot them away while I was chasing him for them. I then tried to votekick him, he immediately cancelled it and started a votekick on me which failed 0vs2 following up by banning me.

Logs
    [00:27:15] <FIST! Maltager> give
    [00:27:15] <BUTTS Anonymuse> AND IDDN'T DIOE
    [00:27:18] <FIST! Maltager> give it rainbow
    [00:27:19] <FIST! Maltager> FFS
    [00:27:21] <FIST! Maltager> WHY STEAL MY WATER ARROWS
    [00:27:30] --- A vote was started by Blue_Tiger ---
    [00:27:30] --- Blue_Tiger Voted In Favour ---
    [00:27:33] --- Vote cancelled by admin Rainbows ---
    [00:27:41] <FIST! Maltager> abuse
    [00:27:47] --- A vote was started by Rainbows ---
    [00:27:50] --- Blue_Tiger Voted Against ---
    [00:27:51] --- bladedeath56 Voted Against ---
    [00:27:51] <YB Rainbows> confirm
    [00:27:59] <FIST! Maltager> you stole my fuckign arrows
    [00:28:07] <YB Rainbows> yus
    [00:28:07] <Lord_Deekan> very unlucky
    [00:28:17] DISCONNECTED FROM SERVER (<- banned by Rainbows)

Tbh, I don't even understand why guards exist - why should people have such power to abuse in private servers? They are so much worse than official admin abusers because I can't just play on a non-official server because they're there too. I have had trouble in the past and especially with Rainbows - one time I was on old LVT server when I was LVT but wasn't admin and he banned me from there - my own clan's server.

Attached Files:

7. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

They exist because there was a time when most servers didn't have admins and guards were basically the sheriffs of the wild-west. These days, we've (generally) proven ourselves to be trustworthy enough to retain said powers. That said, I'll pass this report on to Furai and we'll see where this leads.

8. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

As a general note to people: please leave this for @Furai to decide, without adding fuel to the fire, one way or another. If you feel you have something to add then PM Furai about it; posting here will just make for mess and drama (of the unfun variety).

9. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

I'd say the fault here is on both sides. Rainbows didn't voice his reasons while he should have. He has been told off by me behind the scenes and something like that shouldn't happen again in the future.

As to you, Blue_Tiger, I bet that you were upset at the moment of writing this post. You only got kicked (which probably banned you temporarily for few minutes) and not banned. (I need to one day sit and get the displaying ban reasons done...)
    You were dead, in my opinion once the player is dead, all his mats become no-one's. Everyone has the right to pick them up and use them however one wants, no reason to fret over it. This makes the game more dynamic. I don't see any abuse in that.

Votekicking issue - yeah, that's Rainbows' fault. I've already talked with him about it.

10. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

Can we get a US west official server?

11. fraser741

fraser741 Shipwright

I should get a server for training my troops how much do they cost?

12. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

It depends if you set it up yourself it's free. I was talking about having there be another official CTF server based on the west coast.

13. fraser741

fraser741 Shipwright

How do you set one up your self?

14. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

@fraser741, check out the KAG wiki. It's a bit outdated, but it will still tell you how to pull it off.

Basically, if you are on windows; all you have to do is:
    1. change the autoconfig.cfg with the settings that you want for your server
    2. open port 50301 in your network configuration
    3. execute dedicatedserver.bat
    If you do not know how to do these things, just check out the wiki. It will give you detailed information on how to do these things.

15. veronartdoob

veronartdoob Haxor

hi all, i have reported a player for impersonation in black death servers, but this time he is impersonation [lvt]akrim, in official ctf nÂș3, his account is supertin123 2015-10-19_00001.jpg

16. TeQaS

TeQaS Haxor

Maybe they are friends and makeing it only for fun?

17. Blue_Tiger

No, he is doing it to almost everyone. He even did it to Vamist on an official server :/.

18. veronartdoob

veronartdoob Haxor

he was banned by admins

19. FuzzyBlueBaron

Yep, just to confirm: impersonating an admin, or impersonating another player after you've been asked to stop by that player or an admin, will get you kicked (and, if you repeat, tempbanned) from an official server. Basically, if an admin makes a reasonable request of you please acquiesce, folks.

20. ZeThtb

ZeThtb Haxor

Just fyi, d_na Kakule (user: FrknTeker) tends to grief one team, then switch to the other at end of buildphase. God knows people are to retarded to vote on kickvotes, so he gets away with it, too.

If any admins still exist and care to check logs, it was about the time of this post, minus 10 minutes.