1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

So... will this Game get Boring too Quickly?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by J-man2003, Aug 30, 2015.

Mods: 101i, Mazey
  1. So @J-man2003, the answer is no, TR will not get boring too quickly (literally just spent 100 hours mucking around with boxes).

J-man2003 likes this.
  2. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

I, myself am playing it a lot too.

But still

3. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Might as well stop playing an outdated demo and get more hype for the actual game.

Anyway I don't think the game will get boring to quickly, I think it's worth buying, I've played shittier games lol.
    My only concern is the price, 15$? More expansive than KAG? KAG can give you way more fun, it's a one of it's kind game with way more variety than Trench Run I think. Oh well, maybe KAG should be 20$ and is TR's price fine, I just don't think it's worth more than KAG. TR might give me a (few) hundred hours but not the thousands KAG gave me, pre-ordered anyway, it's 10$ now, and 10 or 15$ isn't much for a game anyway.

SirDangalang and J-man2003 like this.
  4. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

kag has developed a big community of players who love the game. I have no doubt that tr will get the same thing. just because we dont have that much fun with it doesnt mean that others wont

J-man2003 likes this.
  5. :huh?:

J-man2003 likes this.
  6. TBA_LordKnight

TBA_LordKnight Bison Rider

I'm so tempted to tag SpaGeti right now.... But I like to mess with Geti more that annoy him.... generally :wink:

For Trench Run so far I'm a TAD worried about replayability. So far single player has been pretty fun, just can't wait for multiplayer. The only problem so far with replayability I think is maps, including more maps and a few more small mechanics. I think Geti already was working on adding maps such as that sweet looking ice map. :build::hammer::noburu:

7. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

This right here, if there were to be more intractable elements added to the maps like explosive barrels or physics crates/platforms/ropes or whatever it would make the game a lot more interesting.

bru-jaz and TBA_LordKnight like this.
  8. TBA_LordKnight

Working on explosive barrel sprite right now. :rekt:

9. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Currently, we feel like KAG is in a bad price point for a few reasons:
    • It's really hard to do sales that entice people and still make decent money. People don't seem to care about 25% off sales for games cause they're accustomed to HUGE SAVINGS, but if we do something like a 75% off sale, we lose most of our profit to other people's cuts and taxes. Moving up a price bracket means that those losses matter less.
    • We still need to make quite a large number of sales per month to cover wages, especially if the sales are through steam or some other channel that takes an extra cut, which means we get tempted to do things like release early, do bundles that bring few real players, etc.
    That said, people do think less about a $10 purchase than a $15 purchase, which is gonna be tricky. We're trying to avoid pricing our games too low in the future - there's nothing to say TR wont get price cuts through its lifetime or go on huge sales, but having a higher baseline price gives us more room to move in that department.

There are many destructible elements to the maps, and crates do fall when the blocks below them are removed, but physics-heavy play is not something we're interested in for a fast-paced game like TR. It's the kind of stuff that looks good in trailers and plays like shit. Think of how annoying colliding with bodies is in KAG, or going to find a log that's fallen down a hole. Think how annoying trying to move a crate that's got jammed into a corner you need to get past would be (we actually tried physical crates in TR - this is the reason they were removed). That's the kind of stuff that's fine in a sandbox, but poison when rounds are less than a minute long.

Noburu, Lee_Shioon, Mazey and 5 others like this.
  10. Sytoplasma

Sytoplasma Haxor

Considering I blew more money on Planet Explorers, which I can't really run on my compute, than I did on KAG, which I've spent hundreds of hours playing, I am confident in THD's ability to make an entertaining game.

11. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

I was just giving an example, honestly I couldn't agree less.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 5, 2015, Original Post Date: Sep 6, 2015 ---
    >looks back on this thread
    >project is no longer minor according to blog

12. Chrispin

Chrispin KAG Guard Tester

The quirky, fast-paced, multiplayer, Metal Slug-esque shooter mechanics will be the bait I guess, and the persistent currency will be the hook. Personally I've never been one to care much about hats and achievements, but as long as there is something new to unlock there will be a following I reckon

What I want to see is an expanded variety of unique vanilla gamemodes, unlike what we have in KAG. With enough little mini-games to play, there is bound to be at least one that really sticks with the community. Imagine a co-op mode where you survive waves of bots with friends (which have much better AI than bots in KAG BTW), a "dodge the falling crates" mini-game, or a 4v4 "missile strike" mode around a large cliff-side where you need to redirect your missile around incoming enemy missiles to destroy parts of the enemy base. I'm saying this now because the classic 1v1v1v1 mode is a bit too quick, random, and chaotic for me, and I can't be the only one feeling this way.

13. TBA_LordKnight

Agreed, more game modes is definitely what this game needs. All of the ones you described sounds pretty cool along with a classic 4v4 game mode and ah hem DEFEND THE TOWER!!! ::D:
    P.S. I see you put a lot of thought into that message lol

J-man2003 likes this.
  14. CowboyDan

CowboyDan Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

I'm pretty excited for the game and wish i could help test. When it's released on steam there should be a bundle for TR+KAG for $20. Would bring more people to kag, and it would increase the amount of sales for TR.

J-man2003 and 101i like this.
  15. I really love kag for its mechanism especially when you get to pvp against other players etc... but do you know what really got me pissed off the most? and it keeps getting over and over again, slowly giving me no interesting on kag anymore whatsoever, and it is the lack of players active in servers that i really like to play.
    Don't judge me if im a noob, but god.... 300 ping lag in un-affordable for me and i can't play with enjoyment. Furthermore, kag doesn't have the opportunity to provide servers near my country/ region which then why I think my time with kag is slowly diminishing.
    Asking my i can't get any good ping servers is because i live in Asia region and the Aussies server are literally the only server that i can play in.

J-man2003 and bru-jaz like this.
  16. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

[​IMG]

Once a time i could play smoothly in brazilian servers, but now even those stop existing. The most i can play is official ctf with awful ping (always getting an average of 200 ms, but lately -maybe b/c my internet providor- i got peaks of 1000 ms! ). The shitty part is that people gets angry with you when you got those peaks, insulting you as you have that ping on purporse...

17. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

Best idea ever

TBA_LordKnight likes this.
  18. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

It's a shame that you guys have to go through all that trouble to just play a game that we all love, and especially if people treat you like shit for it.
    TR has a great local co-op and you and your national community will always have the option to host your own server (Much like the Brazilians did back in classic.) Just remember the developers aren't restricting you, and they try to cater as many people as they can with their official servers.

Asu, bru-jaz, J-man2003 and 1 other person like this.
  19. Could you add random recoil pattern in TR? that would be hella awesome since it requires skills to control your aim. Further more, though i havent played TR before, just some ideas so dont judge me if any of these mechanics is in the game.
    Can you add some limited parkour mechanics? Not like extreme wall running in kag but at least wall jump or wall grabbing, quick jump prone (like MSG V XDD), crouching (to doge bullets? .-.) , as long as the player are not ninjas rambo. Sprinting can be a great idea too, but limited stamina. Idk if there are melee in game yet, but that can be great too.
    Last idea that i find the coolest is limited vision, which means you can only see where the there are no object blocking your sight. This will provide great stealth opportunity. To get what i really meant by this idea, you may want to have a look at a game ''Project Zomboid''. It has limited vision mechanics.
    Thats how i would see my type of TR, but not everyone's idea are the best. Oh well...

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2015
    TBA_LordKnight, J-man2003 and 101i like this.
  20. MeAtItzFinest

MeAtItzFinest Horde Gibber

So... whats gonna happen to KAG? Are you just going to ditch it or what? Lately i've seen nobody on Beta or classic and it's got me really worried as it's one of my favourite games.

Is Trench Run the new game to play with KAG simply dying out?

J-man2003 likes this.
Mods: 101i, Mazey