1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Forum #blameFurai and new add-ons

Discussion in 'Forum, wiki and other THD pages' started by Furai, Nov 12, 2015.

Tags:
Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97
  1. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Hello my beloved peasants,

This was a really busy day for me...mostly because of my own stupidity. Like I have nothing better to do than to meddle with forums for few hours straight? Right?

So, first things first. Why "#blameFurai"? Simply because I've fucked up RSYNC command and deleted almost all of the files from XenForo's libraries. Hopefully I had backup, though a really old one. Once I started restoring the files from it, I still had to upgrade forums to the latest version. One good thing that came out of it was that I had to revisit add-ons, yet again. I've removed not needed ones and made sure that all of them are up-to-date.

That brings us to the second point of this thread - new add-ons. I have installed 2 new extensions (click on links to get more information):
    First add-on won't really be visible to the normal user, but will incredibly improve moderators' lives. Second one will perform a search before posting new thread, looking for "similar threads". Hopefully it will lower the amount of duplicated topics. On top of that, near the quick reply in thread view, you'll be able to see similar threads as well. I think this add-on should have been here since the very beginning, but oh well... Adding those two wasn't as easy as it seems, as I had to go through a lot of options and forum permissions.

So what's next? I've planned for today to add to our forums Enhanced Search add-on, but when things went sideways, I've dropped the idea. I might ultimately do it (though at the moment something else than being tired is preventing me from doing so). Additionally, I still want to rearrange forum's layout. Nodes need to be moved. I should be taking care of that either later today or in the following days.

That's all from me. I hope I haven't forgotten anything...

Cheers,
    Furai

2. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

2.png 3.png

Working good so far

3. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Yea, not sure how useful/functional that add-on is gonna be.

The moderator tools should be nice though.

4. FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

It'll help when people come here asking a common question mostly

5. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

In ideal situations yes, as the plugin only reads the thread title and not the body of the post

6. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

I would like to add that Furai also said that he might be fixing Two-Step Verification for those who are interested.
    EDIT: It is fixed, thanks Furai

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97