1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Super Smash Bros. General

Discussion in 'Other games' started by Hawxx, Jul 31, 2014.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. tru0067

tru0067 Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester

Yes. The stage featured in the second half of the video is a new stage, and is presumably going to be released along side cloud.

2. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

So, who the fuck iS HYPED FOR THE FINAL PRESENTATION ON TUESDAY?

I AM.

THE HYPE IS KILLING ME FUCK

3. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Oddly, I'm surprised no one has posted anything here about Bayonetta and Corrin yet.

4. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

I'm tired of constantly having to double post ::(:

Edit: Since you mentioned Bayonetta and Corrin, I might as well give my thoughts about it. Honestly, I am very disappointed, another FE character that is literally le anime swordsman number 390482083480 and Bayonetta can in no way be the ballot winner, that shit was rigged as fuck.

Of fucking course I am kidding about this, kind of sad that this is actually some people's opinion on the direct. Yes, I ain't even mad we got another FE character, I was actually hyped when I saw it because once again it came out of nowhere, plus he has combos and is half dragon; how could you not be hyped? About Bayonetta, I know a shit ton of people voted for her, it just turns out that the Shovel Knight and Shantae supporters are quite the vocal minority; plus on all the fan polls where K Rool or Shovel Knight triumphed on, the number of voters weren't anywhere near 3 million which was indeed the official ballot's final vote count. I was so fucking surprised, I honestly thought she'd be really cool to have and that but "2sexy" and Kamiya being pissed at Smash fans brought the character to unlikely status for me. Bayonetta's reveal also made me buy Bayo 1 + 2 for the Wii U which I am thoroughly enjoying at the moment.

Basically, I fucking love Smash and any characters it gives to me, it's hard to disappoint me when it comes to Smash, I guess the only thing that would have disappointed me is adding Steve from Minecraft lmao

Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
  5. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

I personally would have rather seen a character from Xenoblade Chronicles X if they were adding a character from a new game. After all, Xenoblade is actually out globally. They could have added Elma, and honestly, her style would have covered both Corrin and Bayonetta (She alternates dual swords and dual SMGs as her combat style, and it could have been really awesome). I welcome the new FE character, but I personally feel there might have been better options (still waiting on Chrom's release, or as I said above, one of the many characters from XCX would have been great).

6. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

In the end I think Corrin was mostly Japanese fan service since Fates did really well over there IIRC, how did XBCX do in Japan anyway?

7. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

Probably also to hype up the Western release a la Marth and Roy in Melee. (Although this time it's intentional.)

8. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

G3 was legit. Can watch the vods/replays on twitch if you haven't.

I'm kind of upset the casters were rooting against Void so hard, shit was legit.

Hawxx likes this.
  9. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

VoiD was definitely a fresh breath of air for a Sheik player, especially with them Perfect Pivots.

I was rooting for Ranai so hard though, the fact that he was down 0-2 against ZeRo in WFs convincingly made me stop believing but then he adapts so hard and brings it to 2-2, my heart couldn't take it.

I was already dead by the time the exact same thing happened with Dabuz against Ranai. Ranai pls.

Also G3 Dabuz looks like a fucking monster, meanwhile ESAM is essentially only a CP to top players lmao, he always loses to random peeps.

BlueLuigi likes this.
Mods: BlueLuigi