1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Learning Archer...

Discussion in 'Archer' started by LOL265, Nov 13, 2015.

1. tru0067

tru0067 Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester

Are you saying...that...teamwork...would be...effective?!?!?!?!? But besides, that'd be pretty hard to co-ordinate and the likelihood that ONE of you (if not more) die would probably be much higher.

2. daskew87

daskew87 Legendary corpse humper Donator

@LOL265 I banged up 3 quick archer skill videos, demonstrating some great skills for a kag archer to master.

The footage in places isn't idealic - but I just did this very quickly and got whatever footage I could in a short time.

"Elastic Grappling"

This is key for archers agility. This skill means you can move vastly faster than the other classes. Dodge past players - even knights on a flat plane if you time it well enough.

Grapple + Shot

Ledge Spamming

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
    Blue_Tiger, JaytleBee and zerd like this.
  3. Although this is a great skill to learn, I would say that normal grapple release on a flat plane when you are in a close quarters situation would be just as effective. The risk of screwing it up and running backwards straight into either an archer arrow or a knight slash makes it something for chance situations rather than always. A classic scenario being a knight holding a bomb and coming towards you on a flat plane, you could do this but all he would have to do is figure out your trajectory and meet you there with the bomb or by bombjump. If you grapple normally you can travel forward and then backwards just as fast to confuse him, by that time the bomb will have been cooked too long.

I am sure this works, but always might be a long shot.

daskew87 likes this.
  4. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

You need to be smart about what you are doing, but the trick Dask demonstrated is great for getting around quickly whenever you need to.

daskew87 likes this.
  5. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

I usually use that style of stretch-grappling to fling myself off of certain kinds of towers in order to get in range of a distant tree/tower in order to avoid having to take the ground route. You can get some good horizontal air with that one, and it's usually less dangerous than a bungee-jump sort of thing. In some cases it can get much further than a bungee grapple.

daskew87 likes this.