1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

How to uninstall/repair kag

Discussion in 'General Help' started by Sammy257, Nov 28, 2015.

1. Sammy257

Sammy257 Shopkeep Stealer

Recently kag hasn't been functioning properly for me due to a missing config file: autoconfig missing.png
    And for some reason i can't find the uninstall file for kag and therefore can not uninstall it (I've tried removing it through Add or Remove Programs found inside the Control Panel, but it doesn't work.). Anyone how I could uninstall kag?

2. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Run your forceupdate.bat in the main kag forlder or deleting version.txt in your APP folder. All located in your KAG folder.

Sammy257, Snake19 and Vamist like this.
  3. Sammy257

Sammy257 Shopkeep Stealer

Thx, I deleted the version.txt inside the APP folder and kag seems to be working again.
    However, for some reason I still can't uninstall kag, when I try to it comes up with this: not match installation source.png
    And when I try using the source it asks for it doesn't work: client release latest.png -----> windows installer.png
    Anyone know how to fix this?

4. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

I wouldn't have a clue since I use a Mac, but try just deleting the kag folder, since kag is really installed, more just run (as of the Mac, but last I would've known kag was run using just a plain .exe)

5. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Remove your KAG folder manually (in your personal folder > KAG usually). Then, use CCleaner, go to the other utils part, uninstaller, choose KAG, and remove the key (don't choose uninstall). Try installing it again then, it should be working. Not sure of the translations though

MnMixer and EhRa like this.