1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Ye Olde Pubb (Last/Previous match general)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by saniblues, Jul 22, 2011.

1. upload_2015-10-17_21-44-0.png o relly

wilpin7, EhRa, 8x and 1 other person like this.
  2. Chrispin

Chrispin KAG Guard Tester

3. neil58

neil58 Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Zen - [Zen] - (Invite Only)

Kudos to those who made it through Daskew's sadistic archer challenges.
    Screen Shot 2015-10-25 at 11.32.07 AM.png

Ranmage and Konoko like this.
  4. kittycity

kittycity Haxor

[​IMG]

5. whisper_dan

whisper_dan Ballista Bolt Thrower

So these high quality "mass effect" servers are pretty good IMO.
    They are not as friendly to tunnel rats.
    But sometimes your dead teammates start falling from the sky
    [​IMG]
    Like raindrops from olympia

6. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

RA did this last week:

burgers.png

RadioActive, EhRa, Thermal and 8 others like this.
  7. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Lawrence_Shagsworth Joke Slayer Official Server Admin

In light of Halloween, a few guys decided to make their names real spooky :eek:.
    [​IMG]
    From top to bottom: Cuci, @Thermal , @CapitanForceX

Snake19, Chukka, SirDangalang and 6 others like this.
  8. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Have of my friends did it. I was EraGhoul, there was TrueBoo etc etc

With the addition of tramps, @Darruin and I were travelling by skyhighway.
    We were on the cave map (blocks all over), I was archer, dar knight. I had a tramp and I transported dar across the map. gg new tactic, I TAKE NAMING RIGHTS.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  9. PeggleFrank

PeggleFrank Base Burner

boat power

[​IMG]

my rank is shipwright :rekt:

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
    icemusher and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  10. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

So, do we call it the Eragon Ploy?

11. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Definetly

12. Obione5256

Obione5256 Bison Rider

This is why I shouldn't be allowed to mod anything. :noburu:

13. Verrazano

Verrazano Flat Chested Haggy Old Souless Witchy Witch Witch THD Team Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

Modding privileges hereby revoked

PeggleFrank likes this.
  14. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Having now spent an afternoon trying to turn a buck in the wonderful world of KAG, I deeply sympathise with @Fellere825's attempts to show entrepreneurial spirit. It's a hard thing to make money; something KAG only makes even harder when there are savage warriors trying to rip you into tiny pieces. True fact.

Figuring that I would turn my trials into gold (haha!) I decided to start a construction company. After all, I said to myself, what kind of besieged army doesn't need a humongous castle to help keep the raving hoards at bay?

Sadly, what with delays from suppliers and fights breaking out among members of the workcrew (pretty sure the unions were behind it all); it wasn't long until we were luffing at the wind and only a large rabbit's breadth away from going into receivership.

But lo-- all of a sudden there was this contract sitting on my desk. A large contract sitting on my desk. A large eight figure contract sitting on my desk... :X3:

I took it without even pausing to read the fine print. This would save the company!

Or so I thought.

You see, inside the fine print was a clause stating that the structure must be built out of all natural materials. Apparently the hippy commune paying for the castle didn't want anything with a "high level of embodied energy" used in the construction process. So that meant no concrete, no steel, and no, underline no unexplodium. We'll get to that last part later.

Well, they were the clients paying a whopping eight figure sum; and I was just a guy in desperate need of a way to claw my way back from the brink of bankruptcy. Who was I to argue? After we complete this job; everything will be alright. Things'll pick up. We just need this win...

Fool.

How can you build safe, practical, attractive buildings when you've no legs to stand on and the bastards swinging the money know it? You can't. That's how.

And that's how I lost my workcrew. All two of them. :builder::builder:

You see, the leaf-eaters had this inane "no scaffolds" policy. Which wouldn't have been so bad, really, except they also complained about the ankh's my boys were wearing to allow them to reincarnate after a work-related death. And so, ofc, the boys simply downed tools, said they were sorry, and left.

I couldn't blame them. No really.

I mean, working in hazardous conditions (like, say, where a flying medieval killer armed to the teeth with explosive devices might suddenly fall out of the sky and gib you) is all very well and good when you know they can't actually kill you (well, not dead dead, that is). But working and knowing that each moment could be your last? With no safety tramps or scaffolding or ankh to ensure you'll be going home to your loved one of an evening? Bugger that for a game for mad bastards who wear blu/redh and charge around with swords and arrows and hammers and stuff!

I worked on alone. Bloody tree-huggers. Won't even let me build a saw mill to ease up the supply chain. Seems there's afraid someone will re-purpose the saws into a chipping mill when I'm done. Too bloody right I would. Chip every single last one of you veggie-juice swilling bastards into low grade salami... :skull:

I might seem like I'm a bit upset here. A little too... overwrought?

Well, that's only because you've not heard the worst part. Which I get to telling you about now. It happened like so:

I was sweating away, working as fast as I could without any labourers to mine or cut for me, when the cry went up: BLU! THE BLU ARE COMING! :eek:

Fuck.

I looked up from the meditation rooms I'd been asked to build out the back and, with horror, realised that some silly earth-friend had removed the temporary wall I had constructed and replaced it with a vegan restaurant. I kid you not.

Swearing, I leaped into action and, given the meagre flow of resources I saw able to smuggle out of the elves' "workshop" (never once saw any of the poncy bastards ever touch a hammer the whole time I was there) decided on the most expedient and effective defence I could muster without violating my contract to use "all natural materials": I built a DOOR FORT!

It was glorious! :flex:

Using a new cancer-engendering technique I saw at a trade fair last year (which, by virtue of the spacing it created, helped to reduce the effectiveness of hand-held explosives & detonating devices) I quickly created a monstrosity that was 20 tiles thick and over 40 tiles high. Using a laminating process my father taught me when I was but a lad I fire-proofed the entire structure, ensuring that only a tiny part could ever burn at any one time. It was a wonder of ingenuity if I say so myself. Particularly seeing as I built it under a slew of constant Blu attacks; with each attack blunted by my fort I would leap out and repair and then add to the work--trusting in the regenerative powers of my magical bear-skin hat to keep me safe.

But then...

The ballistas. :oops:

Remember how I said we'd come back to the "no unexplodium in our building" clause in the contract? Yeah. This is that part.

Despite my insistence that they all make a point of carefully read & follow the instructions laid out in the homeowner's manual... the hippies ignored me. Which is why, when the blu barbarians built a ballista and started strapping mini-kegs to their bolts, my clients were alarmed to find their castle starting to look somewhat, ahem, worse for wear.

So they decided to scream at me to fix it.

I calmly pointed out that, if they were to follow the guidelines on page 114 of their manual ("ballista pruning & removal") everything would be alright.

They screamed at me some more, and then promptly ignored me again and returned to rushing heedlessly to their deaths. Over and over and over again. Hot damn. I just realised! I thought they said they didn't like reincarnation because it interfered with the natural order of things! Those bastards! Those stupid, fucking, two-faced, double-standard-holding, hypocritical bastards!

I'm glad their all dead.

I'm glad the blu came in and took their stupid pointy flags.

I'm glad every single one of them who wasn't gibbed into pieces got stabbed and then dry humped by blu warriors for hours, and hours, and hours, and hours, and hours, and hours, and hours... :teabag:

Here is a picture shortly before the blu hoard came back for seconds. Note the absence of anything (anything at all) resembling a mighty door fort? Well, that's because of the ballistas. All 12 of them. Yes, I'm not even kidding, you can see their flags all clustered on the left side of the minimap.
    bug-15-11-11-20-11-20.png

I don't know if I have the heart to try again. I managed to sell the ailing business to a passing merchantmen and thus avoided having to file for bankruptcy, but I fear I will forever be haunted by what damage can be wrought by a collection of monied fools asking foolish things from a foolishly desperate man.

I think I need a hug. :QQ:

15. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

Hey what the f:anger:k! It did not look like a penis in the game!
    Anyway, this from this evening. American fatties vs EU builder:
    2015-11-26_00004.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2015
  16. The_Owl_King

The_Owl_King Arsonist Official Server Admin

--- Double Post Merged, Nov 27, 2015, Original Post Date: Nov 26, 2015 ---
    [​IMG]
    The T-Rex that magically came into our lives. But left as soon as it came.

mcrifel, FuzzyBlueBaron and 8x like this.
  17. Obione5256

Obione5256 Bison Rider

I was modding again - Oh noes

18. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

Best part? I cant help but wink back at 8x.

19. Solaris

Solaris Batlord Sliftensnurgh Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

:potato:

20. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

Priceless! Finally a pic with Geti. Added to my collection.
    asdasd.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2015
    MadRaccoon, Dargona1018, 8x and 6 others like this.