1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Official KAG Servers

Discussion in 'Server Directory' started by FuzzyBlueBaron, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Hunternevs

Hunternevs Catapult Fodder

Hello Guys,

I have a massive problem and I hope you can help me.
    Sadly I was banned some weeks ago from the Server "KAG Official CTF EU No.5" and somehow I cant log in cause it still says that I'm banned, but that can't be?!
    The thing is, that this is the only server on which I can play KAG with good ping and can connect without problems, and so I am really sad that the multiplayer part of this game is comepletely cut off for me...

I hope that I can find help here and if this is the wrong place to ask, please tell me where I can ask instead.

Thanks in advance!

2. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

says your banned for 1 month... Any clue who banned you or for what?

3. Hunternevs

Thanks for the answer!
    Oh man, 1 moth? Thats a long time especially during christmas where I'm home alone.
    No clue which person it was and I think it was because I put up a sign above our base made out of wood background which said "f*ck reds" cause I was on the blue team. But I really diddnt know that it was forbidden to do so!
    Then another guy came and destroyed my work and I got pissed and destoryed some shops he made..I think that plus the insult to the red faction was enough for the mod to ban me, for one month!!!

I realy regret it and now I know that I should not repeat it, so is the a possibility to shorten my ban? :/

4. toffie0

There's a few things wrong I see with this. The ban is too long for something minor as griefing, a first time offense. Secondly, we arent allowed to ban for a month... Pre sure we arent anyway, otherwise admins would ban hackers for months at a time... Thirdly theres no record of this whatsoever...

Basically Im seeing if I can get you unbanned...

Also, do you remember being frozen? Or questioned? And maybe can you see if you can find the logs?

Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
  5. Hunternevs

Yeah, I also tought so! And I for sure diddn't hack anything!!!

That would be awesome!
    Man, I thought that would take weeks from now on untill I could continue to play, but so fast :D

6. toffie0

xD we check the forums regulary... Anyway if you could get the logs it would be awesome

7. Hunternevs

No, I am sorry. I diddnt took any screenshots due to the fact that it happened so fast and I can't even remember that the mod really talked with me.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 7, 2015, Original Post Date: Dec 7, 2015 ---
    Like I said, I sadly did not make any screenshots :/

8. Solaris

Solaris Batlord Sliftensnurgh Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

Looks like you were banned for starting false vote kicks and griefing. The admin in question looks like he tried to ban you for 4 days instead of a month, but he accidentally added another 5 to 5555 minutes. Your ban has been lifted, pls don't start false vote kicks or grief again.
    [20:30:18] <Hunternevs> griefer
    [20:30:20] <elmagic> * go tunnel *
    [20:30:21] <elmagic> * def *
    [20:30:24] --- Vote "Kick Ragnus?" was started by Hunternevss. Reason: Griefer ---
    [20:30:25] Server: Disconnecting player ( User: not found ) ( IP: 188.126.182.110 ) reason: Server Full
    [20:30:29] <Ragnus> ofc
    [20:30:30] COLLAPSE by hansyman (size 13 blocks)
    [20:30:30] <Hunternevs> he griefs with firearrows
    [20:30:30] --- Chronomad Voted In Favour ---
    [20:30:30] --- King0fBlader Voted Against ---
    [20:30:31] COLLAPSE by J_D_Malingerer (size 40 blocks)
    [20:30:32] --- iamweirdie Voted In Favour ---
    [20:30:33] --- Hunternevss Voted In Favour ---
    [20:30:33] Server: Disconnecting player ( User: not found ) ( IP: 188.126.182.110 ) reason: Server Full
    [20:30:35] <Ragnus> stop writing fuck
    [20:30:36] --- pickle641 Voted In Favour ---
    [20:30:38] --- hansyman Voted Against ---
    [20:30:39] COLLAPSE by Erw (size 166 blocks)
    [20:30:39] <Ragnus> he wastes material
    [20:30:40] <Ragnus> omfg
    [20:30:41] Server: Disconnecting player ( User: not found ) ( IP: 188.126.182.110 ) reason: Server Full
    [20:30:45] --- SAcptm Voted Against ---
    [20:30:48] <Hunternevs> hhhhaha you piece of shit :)
    [20:30:48] --- beeball44 Voted In Favour ---
    [20:30:50] COLLAPSE by J_D_Malingerer (size 5 blocks)
    [20:30:51] <iamweirdie> dang im fight elmagic
    [20:30:54] --- Vote passed: 5 vs 3 ---
    [20:30:54] Votekick passed! Ragnus will be kicked out.
    [20:30:54] Address: 95.158.183.221; banned for 30 minutes : reason Banned : User was authed as Ragnus
    [20:30:55] <Chrono> * HELP IN THE TUNNEL!!! *
    [20:30:55] Player Ragnus left the game (players left 19)
    [20:30:57] <iamweirdie> dis gon be tricky
    [20:31:10] Server: Disconnecting player ( User: not found ) ( IP: 95.158.183.221 ) reason: Banned
    [20:31:12] * DemonicRavage connected (admin: 0 guard 0 gold 1 tester 0)
    [20:31:12] [RCON Sac] /unban Ragnus
    [20:31:12] /unban Ragnus
    [20:31:12] Unbanned player Ragnus
    [20:31:12]
    [20:31:12] DemonicRavage connected
    [20:31:13] DemonicRavage has joined Red Team
    [20:31:19] Server: Disconnecting player ( User: not found ) ( IP: 82.151.208.56 ) reason: Server Full
    [20:31:21] COLLAPSE by elmagic (size 7 blocks)
    [20:31:21] <Chrono> they are tunneling
    [20:31:21] COLLAPSE by J_D_Malingerer (size 11 blocks)
    [20:31:23] <Chrono> for fucks sake
    [20:31:25] <Chrono> stop bieng idiots!
    [20:31:37] <graciosarna> Nice def!
    [20:31:41] Player King0fBlader left the game (players left 19)
    [20:31:48] Unbanned player Goblin_Jim
    [20:31:59] * Leemo connected (admin: 0 guard 0 gold 1 tester 0)
    [20:32:00] [RCON Sac] \freezeid 56155
    [20:32:00] \freezeid 56155
    [20:32:00]
    [20:32:00] Leemo connected
    [20:32:02] Leemo has joined Red Team
    [20:32:04] Player romagodd left the game (players left 19)
    [20:32:06] <Hansy> grifer
    [20:32:07] [RCON Sac] /banid 56155 1440
    [20:32:07] /banid 56155 1440
    [20:32:07] Address: 95.116.250.188; banned for 1440 minutes : reason Banned : User was authed as Hunternevss
    [20:32:07]
    [20:32:08] Player Hunternevss left the game (players left 18)
    [20:32:08] Could not ban player because they are a bot, admin or local player.
    [20:32:15] <Chrono> flag!\
    [20:32:18] <Chrono> protect the fucking flag
    [20:32:19] * Ragnus connected (admin: 0 guard 0 gold 1 tester 0)
    [20:32:19] Ragnus connected
    [20:32:21] Ragnus has joined Blue Team
    [20:32:24] [RCON Sac] /ban Hunternevss 55555
    [20:32:24] /ban Hunternevss 55555
    [20:32:24] Player: Hunternevss; banned for 55555 minutes : reason Banned
    [20:32:24]
    [20:32:30] <Ragnus> why did u fkin kick me
    [20:32:33] <Ragnus> ok i burned it
    [20:32:38] <[MKA] Mikixi> the ghost mine
    [20:32:50] * Jay_Boy12345 connected (admin: 0 guard 0 gold 1 tester 0)
    [20:32:50] Jay_Boy12345 connected as JayBoy
    [20:32:52] <Ragnus> but it was just a waste of material and i couldnt go in the fight cuz of that stupidfuck sign
    [20:32:52] JayBoy (Jay_Boy12345) has joined Red Team
    [20:32:56] Server: Disconnecting player ( User: not found ) ( IP: 68.83.60.64 ) reason: Server Full
    [20:33:08] <Leemo> wtf
    [20:33:08] COLLAPSE by beeball44 (size 6 blocks)
    [20:33:09] Player Leemo left the game (players left 19)
    [20:33:14] <[BoW] Sac> ragnus it was hunternevs who started the vote
    [20:33:18] <DemonicRavage> wat
    [20:33:23] <Chrono> stupid as team
    [20:33:24] COLLAPSE by beeball44 (size 5 blocks)
    [20:33:24] <[BoW] Sac> i unbanned you and banned him because he then started griefing immediately afterwards

Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
  9. jrgp

jrgp THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I made improvements to the infrastructure that powers the US officials last night. I'll make more tweaks tonight to get performance better. Lmk if things are better/worse today.

10. jrgp

jrgp THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

So the official ctf US server is full right now. I joined and instead of seeing a lot of lag complaints, the players are yelling at each other to get rekt and open their eyes.

I'm going to assume the situation is better now.

11. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Server's acting up again
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 18, 2015, Original Post Date: Dec 18, 2015 ---
    You should be able to match the outbursts with the mass disconnects (7-15 people leaving at once)

12. ScriptKiddy

ScriptKiddy Shipwright

Does KAG have in-game moderators feature?

Yeah, I know, there is no need to answer this question. I mean, where **** are the tens of admins on Official servers? Last time I saw an admin in-game (EU) was about 1 month ago (and I play at least 3 hours a day at different times). Maybe someone should kick the tons of inactive mods to make room for some else more active. Am I wrong?

To make things more clear: i'm talking about EU servers (also US ones) bacause in AUS server there is always at least one moderator connected.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2015
    Redshadow6, EhRa, RadioActive and 3 others like this.
  13. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

That's the problem since ummm a year? maybe two?
    There are almost always some admins on US servers. 5-6 online is something normal there.
    On EU servers? 0. Some time ago when VanHuek and Paul played the game there were no problems with lack of the admins. If they were not online, you could go on IRC and call someone. Now? The only solution (at least for me) is to play on US where in addition you can make muricans mad because of you ping.
    I was asking for more admins a few months ago. Nothing happened so I wouldn't expect anything this time too..
    Just go and play on US. There's a lot of cool guys to play with.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2015
  14. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Forwarded to @Furai, who manages the lists. Less passive aggression and more straightforward requests would be appreciated of course :)

15. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

Problem with having admin on officials in Europe is that there are other servers with way better rules. Since I've been admin on officials, I've found that you are allowed to wear another clans' tag and you're not allowed to grapple through one wide blocks. I just save myself the cancer of seeing some imbecile run around in FoD tag and play on Iko's where I can tell Bunnie to ban them.

16. toffie0

Honestly, there's nothing wrong with officials rules... I admit others stealing the clan tag is annoying, and if they're using it to bully the clan etc. admins can take action.

As for glitch abusing... Well let's be honest here. You've just repaired the base and ran out of stone, you only have a block left to fill up, in the flag room, and it should be fine for you to go and get stone / wood to fill it up. But wait. A guy has just come along and glitch abusing his way into the flag room and out thus ending the game. The Knights unlike the glitch abusing archer cannot go through the wall. On officials we usually just warn for this behavior and very rarely ban, actually rarely a warning as well.

As for admins, if you hop onto irc and type !guard an admin / guard will respond if there's a problem. So if someone's greifing and you think they deserve more than a 15 min or so kick, just do that. The reponse time is fairly quick. Although, admins should probs be on more often if you aren't seeing them at all... Although we do have lives of our own... Unfortunately

EhRa and blackjoker77777 like this.
  17. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

When I'm on (and not busy for college or finals), I tend to roll around the AUS or US servers as administrator. If I'm not explicitly on, I like to ghost around on a few alts and pretty much stealth-mod it up for shitters who think they can grief when no orange is in the scoreboard.

PeggleFrank and EhRa like this.
  18. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Last time I've opened applications for EU servers I've got only like one person suitable for the post. (Not mentioning that maybe 2-3 applied.) As much as I'd like to get Officials successful - it's rather impossible. They were never really meant to be super popular. The sole purpose of them, was to have some servers in each location, that will be there at all times. And like people mentioned, there are better EU server than Officials.

Glitch abusing, for sole purpose of getting unfair advantage, is just like griefing and should be frowned upon.

Also as there are officials they should be as open to the players as possible, that's why there are rules that are in place in order to have people playing on the server. I cannot just order to ban everyone with fake clantags. What's the point in that? If they are just playing there is no reason to act. But if they keep boasting that they use the fake nick/fake clantag and try to impersonate other players they should be dealt with. There is limit to everything.

19. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

(this is the idea of the "abuse" ban flag fwiw - swearing at someone might not be bannable but doing it at length targeted for a long time would warrant that, same with continually using someone else's tag and boasting about it, or starting every play session with racist remarks or whatever - anything that accumulates into it being worth slapping their wrist; most servers honour the flag but dont treat it as a permaban)

20. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

.. but they are. Everytime I go to play, the only (non modded) CTF up is Official EU or US.
    Is there any chance you could change some maps? Playing those we currently have over and over is boring af. Also I totally do not understand why there are one or two maps from generator (which are shit imo) when there's so many good maps made by community (and no - i am not talking about my maps). Could you maybe add more from those in Base/Maps/Ctf/Community folder?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2016