1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Why Do We Play This Game As Much As We Do? UPDATED!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by joshua4637, Jul 19, 2015.

1. NadraFrosty

NadraFrosty Catapult Fodder

Well alot of people have nothing to do nowadays, so they turn to entertainment, and kag(it being a great game) entertains them for a while?
    idk man

2. Achillios

Achillios Pilgrim
    1. Gather Oceania

I always come back to KAG because its a by THD, I love the art style, I love the medieval warfare and I love the community (at times!). All round KAG is an amazing gaming experience that I really enjoy :P

jimmyzoudcba likes this.
  3. Ranmage

Ranmage Builder Stabber

The warfare style is well-balanced and intense asf, requires skill and teamwork. I usually come back to hide in a bush while playing time, also for the things said above c:

jimmyzoudcba likes this.
  4. LeWhisp

LeWhisp Builder Stabber

Here is my 2p:

Kag is one of those rare games where a single player has enough of an impact to turn the tide of the battle and win it for their team, but is balanced enough where, generally speaking, the better team usually wins.

There are clearly divided rolls, unlike other games where you are essentially the same character but with a different type of weapon or a unique ability. Builders are essential, but they are useless without other people on their team being knights / archers. This, for me, has created a game that promotes players switching class a lot to react to the ever changing battlefield.

A good player can assess what is required to tip the balance in their teams favour. You need to look at the map and decide if a tunnel would be best, or should you instead invest in a siege shop and get a ballister up front. If you get it right you can see the whole battle change pace and direction, and that for me is what I find most satisfying. I love deciding that I should try tactic x and it works out and we win because of it (or it plays a significant roll in my team winning).

Compare this to other games which are basically the same tactic over and over again, I think this is why KAG has such a high replay value.

jimmyzoudcba, J-man2003 and Ranmage like this.
  5. Pirate-Rob

Pirate-Rob Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

I find kag just as much fun as other games, but the reason kag is different for me, is that losing and dying aren't as bad as in other games. In most competitive mp games, dying gives you a disgustingly long cool down (0-60+ seconds), and generally gives the enemy team a significant advantage. In kag, if you die, it means almost jack, the respawn time is only 10~ seconds and you basically gave the enemy team a free bomb or something, which is hardly anything.

And losing in kag doesn't feel too bad either, where in other games, either you've lost all you worked up to (spelunky, catacomb kids etc) or the enemy team starts rofl-stomping you because they have a too big of a lead in gold, items, etc.

So generally, the reason I play kag more than other games is because it's the only one that doesn't make me ragequit.

Also kag's moddable.

J-man2003 likes this.
  6. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

I would play KAG more if every other server I went to wouldn't have a new player who kicks me for no reason/a very bad reason (one guy kicked me because he didn't like what I built...)

7. l3afysamz

l3afysamz Ballista Bolt Thrower

In all seriousness, I come back because of the people I meet and the ever-changing atmosphere
    :bison: plus you can ride bison...

Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
  8. Vamist

Vamist THD Team THD Team Tester

I play the game because of the people that are in the game

I have never had a game in kag that was the same, NEVER. which is why its fun