1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

The Happenings of KAG

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slysin, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Might be organised enough to swing something next year, haha. We were kinda avoiding PAX due to a bunch of the shitty stuff that was going on with PA a few years ago (all the dickwolves stuff and ensuing chaos) but I feel like that's less of a thing with the AU events anyway.

2. Classic

Classic Bison Rider

Hello. I'm a player from Brazil since May 26, 2012. Called by the majority the bst Archer of the medieval world. xD
    In this three and half years, I have to say: I really miss the old King Arthur's Gold. Why you devs stopped of updating the game? Why no more new stuff? Don't let the game die, please! I really want to back the constant updates and the evolution of the game. This game had great potential. :/

3. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

It stopped being any fun to work with. The source is a mess and the classic community were happy to announce they hated us and hated our work and wanted us to be their servants and just make it exactly like whatever build they joined at.
    We will never work on classic KAG again. I personally might do a "KAG demake" at some point with minimal, simple interactions like were present in early classic, before all the content creep and bullshit, but it's not going to happen for a while I'm afraid, and it wont be 1:1 to KAG Classic that's for sure (probably 100% different classes and more sensible resource/spawning system).

Edit; My personal opinion these days is we should have finished classic as "KAG", never split the versions, shipped that on steam and with the remaining time make KAG2 / Super King Arthur's Gold. I'm all for smaller proof of concept games in their own right and I think that what ended up happening with classic was terrible for the community and for the game, but that doesn't mean i feel very sympathetic to a crowd of people who've spent years telling me how bad I am at length.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
    FuzzyBlueBaron, Beef, Hella and 5 others like this.
  4. Ozminer

Ozminer Bison Rider

I joined around then, i mean Exactly around then.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 12, 2015, Original Post Date: Dec 12, 2015 ---
    2012-05-12
    im 14 days older than you

Classic likes this.