1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Why KAG Classic might be "dead"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jomskylark, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Withror

Withror Ballista Bolt Thrower

Classic is one of those games which seems scrapped but it has a lot of potential. Fixing several minor bugs and rereleasing it on Steam would make it a decent game, appealing to regular gamers. It's a free, classic 2-team fighting 2D pixel game, what's bad about that? Also more players = more people interested to other stuff related to the game, so there's still some profit for THD. People will visit the forums, they'll donate, some of them will buy and move on to the Beta version. It's a complete game, so why not put on Steam?
    Anyways, just my suggestion.

bunnie likes this.
  2. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

1. Classic is the alpha version of beta (therefore its not finished).
    2. It won't be released on steam since it has been scrapped.

icemusher likes this.
  3. Withror

They're 2 completely different games :potato:

4. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

3. classic is a buggy nightmare

EhRa and bunnie like this.
  5. Withror

6. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Fixing minor bugs won't change anything, even doubleslashing came about as a bug. Besides,"fix classic" is super easy to say when you have no idea what a mess classic's code is, which is part of the reason why they moved on to release KAG.

Asu likes this.
  7. EhRa

1. KRPG

Nope:
    Classic is also caleld alpha.
    Before KAG released was released it was called Kag Beta.

Therefore Classic-KAB-KAG

8. eric999

eric999 Bison Rider

The bug's are enjoyable though...
    Things like the fly glitch and block glitch never gets old.
    Whatever the case, it's still cool to some players. I'm glad they didn't do more than 'scrapping' it.

9. I'll be honest here. Beta is a better game-mode than Classic. If Beta came out first, and then Classic, I guarantee everybody, most people would stay in Beta. It's just the memories created in Alpha that keeps us here.

EhRa likes this.
  10. Porti

Porti Ballista Bolt Thrower

You have somewhat right in it, but there are still some things, I like better in Classic than Beta. I am playing once on classic, another time on beta and i don`t know which version i should choose. I am stuck somewhere in the universe between those two, and cannot move to any of them totally.

Beta is winning with classic, cause it doesn`t have bugstorm :)

11. PussyDestroyer

PussyDestroyer Bison Rider

But in classic u kinda enjoy it and it is atractive in it sometimes.

Withror and eric999 like this.
  12. EhRa

1. KRPG

Classic is dead.
    I loveclassic, one of my favourite games, but you have to admit that is dead and will never become a full game again.

Withror and icemusher like this.
  13. Porti

Porti Ballista Bolt Thrower

Unfortunately :(

2 minutes of silence for KAG classic...

EhRa likes this.
  14. EhRa

1. KRPG

Thank god someone agrees and doesn't throw tantrums :P

Porti likes this.
  15. Kag Classic isn't dead
    it just isn't the same
    as it was in the Old days
    in 2011

16. EhRa

1. KRPG

Omfg you guys don't get it. Classic is dead. The devs abandoned the game. A game being dead doesn't mean no one plays it.

PussyDestroyer and icemusher like this.
  17. i guess so but people say it dead=no one plays it thats what some people are saying

18. Slann

Slann Base Burner

Classic is pretty much dead, which is a shame. I recall playin the game four years ago, there were many more servers, and therefore more diversity: About 2-3 with "default" settings; that one which featured big maps, was a lot of fun to play with archers/Builders; that one with infinite lifes, maps usually lasted longer that normal games, and terrain ended up with a lot of destruction; and so on ... Nowdays there is only one server (I never rememeber the names, but you know which one is, the only ctf people play) With almost infinite resources and cheap bombs. Playing with these settings and the same maps for one year eventually gets tiring, but there is no other choice.

On the other hand, one of the things i wont miss are griefers. It is hard to see them nowdays. Good, i remember there were a lot back in the day, it was hard not to spot one every day, even more than one. But yeah, there used to be more.

I suppose this is way people like classic, classic feels more fast paced. You join expecting to have a good time in those 15-20 minutes that every match last. I don't think that is better or worse, depends on your tastes or even time.

I know is foolish to wish, but i wish eventually classic was released as open source. I dont think it would bring back the old community, but i'd like to see the source code for learning/curiosity purpouses.

EhRa and miniu like this.
  20. Slann

Slann Base Burner

Buying what, the source code? Is it for sale? What did devs sa about this? Will code be open at some point in time?
    EDIT: Also i think there are a lot of voxel shooters engines like https://github.com/iamgreaser/iceball/.