1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Devlog Trench Run Trench Run Supporter Build Pilot

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Furai, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Hey Everyone!

Exciting news, today marks the pilot release of Trench Run!
    This is a build for supporters that pre-ordered the game (you can still do that here!).
    Some new features include:

• Play on EU or USA lobby
    • an initial implementation of coins economy
    • drinking
    • a band
    • basketballs
    • servers to support a symultaneous population of about 80 concurrent people having nonstop games.
    If we start to see exceptionally high wait times, we can add more servers. By our maths that shouldn't happen unless it goes seriously viral (tell your friends!).

[​IMG]

Looking forward to meeting you in the bar!

We'll be entering a more iterative development period as of this build. This means more regular updates with smaller changesets, to pin down any gameplay issues and bugs as soon as we can. While we'll be less active over the new year period, early 2016 should be an exciting time for Trench Run.

For those that havent got a key, you can get one HERE!

Important limitations to keep in mind:

• If you skip reading this and then ask about something that's already explained, you'll look silly.
    • Use your KAG or THD account or create a new one here
    • This build has no free online play, though you can check that it runs and play offline without the need to log in. If the previous versions of Trench Run ran well enough for you, there's no reason this one should be much different.
    • Gameplay issues from last free test have not really been addressed (medic, engineer and commando actions will be improved!) with all the work to get the supporter release done. We will be addressing them as soon as we can.
    • Some of the coin sync logic still needs work - as such you may not see your coin changes show up instantly. Coins are NOT shared between regions.
    • Drunkenness is not synced properly at the moment - you will stay drunk as long as you keep the client open, with some limitations. Drink wearing off (and being re-applied if you try to get out of it early) will be implemented in later versions.
    • We're keeping it to one lobby per regions for now. We'll be happy to add more once the game's population can fill them.
    • Skins are not currently available.

Despite these limitations, we hope the community will welcome a play-anytime Trench Run experience. We will be using the following weeks to gauge your interest and gather feedback on the game.

Please leave any and all feedback on the Trench Run Forums, which we'll be reading carefully in the coming weeks.

Again - if you havent got a key, now's the time to grab one HERE! (If something looks fishy about the website - try clearing the browser's cache.)

Have Fun!
    Max, Michał & Lucas

Forum Edit: the download link will be sent to you by email upon registering a key with your account on trenchrun.thd.vg. You will have to log in there and enter the key from your purchase. We're aware this is awkward and feels unnecessary and we'll be improving this as soon as we can.

//Source: http://thd.vg/trench-run-supporter-build-pilot

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2016
  2. MadRaccoon

MadRaccoon Haxor

YESSSSSSS

SirDangalang likes this.
  3. SirDangalang

SirDangalang Lvl. 128 MissingNo. Donator

Just got the email now! I had missed all the recent trial runs so can't wait to see how the game has developed since the very initial offline demo build. ::D:

4. GreyHCK

GreyHCK Shark Slayer

best present for the new year, ayy

SirDangalang likes this.
  5. Bint

Bint Haxor

Still can't type capital letters or paste text on mac so you can't login if you have a password with capitals in it ; . ;
    Tried to put my password in the autoconfig file but it didn't work unless I did it wrong.

6. Furai

Hmm, not sure but I think it's just font that doesn't display capitals. Have you tried inputting it anyway?
    Also if you have to you can always change your password to something without capitals. (If you want to make it strong you can still put numbers and make password ridiculously long. Good idea is to quote line from your fav book or anything like that and separate is with some numbers, special chars. I like doing passwords like this: !unicorn@riding#polar%bear^at%night - all you need to do is to visualise the polar bear being ridden by an unicorn at night and you're good, you won't forget the pass, believe me.)

Bint likes this.
  7. Bint

Bint Haxor

Yea still no luck, I can set my name in the autoconfig file and it'll display the capital "B" and most names i've seen have capitals, i'll just change my password, would be nice to be able to type capitals tho....and apostrophes :rekt:

8. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  9. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Hoping to see some players playing basketball, cu in the pitch

10. CowboyDan

CowboyDan Bison Rider Staff Alumni Donator Tester

[​IMG]
    Should've just made a basketball game 10/10

Noburu and Sturm like this.
  11. Lee_Shioon

Lee_Shioon NinjaBrian in disguise Donator
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

You know the game is going to be really good when Geti delivers. :thumbs_up: Hats in the game is all I really needed.

toffie0 likes this.
  12. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

New Year = Trech Run...

>Runs off to go buy

Looks awesome! Don't need the drinking effects to wear off... All the more fun when playing.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  13. Xuorox

Xuorox Builder Stabber

HELL YES!!!

14. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Very glad to see this out.

We'll fix the text input issues asap, probably early next week. The issues with handling text input from scripts with the lacking current input bindings are tricky, but we'll definitely need to at least implement copy and paste in the short term. Special characters also seem to be having trouble, so @Furai's suggested password method will get you into trouble too until we can sort out what's going wrong ;)

Re: drunkness not needing to wear off - you'll get motion sickness pretty quickly once you cross the 5 drink threshold, haha. Definitely serves as a simple way to handicap yourself when playing with scrubs like @makmoud98

Glad to see the basketball getting some use as well.

15. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Ok, I think i'm seriously in need of mental help. How the heck do I get this..... (Got given a preorded key, added to my account etc but can't find any download button).

bru-jaz likes this.
  16. WanderMark

WanderMark :) Donator

Had the same problem! Check your email, the download link should be in the verification email along with all your keys!

17. EhRa

1. KRPG

Didn't get sent an email. (@Lee_Shioon gave me a key). But dw i found the link to the download from @Mazey 's reddit post.

http://i.imgur.com/Dh4MYpe.png

18. MadRaccoon

MadRaccoon Haxor

You should've used that key to link it to the TR account in TR website, then, they would have sent you the email.

19. EhRa

1. KRPG

I did add the key to my THD account (THD, Kag, Tr same thing).

20. Furai

Don't spread false information. Once we decided to release the game I've manually searched for e-mails of people who bought the keys and I've sent them e-mails with links to download. The download links shouldn't be shared lightly with everyone around you but I give you my permission and blessing to give it to anyone you share your key with. Anyway, like Mazey mentioned it won't work if you don't have the account with TR on it.