1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Games That Have Made You Tear Up/Cry

Discussion in 'Other games' started by Duplolas, Jan 8, 2014.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

S.O.M.A makes ya think about harsh stuff, and its harsh at all, and
    harsh
    moar
    harsh :X
    me cri a little on da bad ending, cuz such a *Fuck you, not everything is ending gud for everyone*

2. Vamist

Vamist THD Team THD Team Tester

Warframe the second dream, If you played warframe for the amount of time, and then a new quest, that focus on lore, And changes the game so much thats its better then destiny, it made me cry with joy,

on the other note, the other game that made be cry would be halo 4, when Cortana left, but then its not so emotional as she returns in halo 5,

And Gears of war 3, When dom dies, Damn, thats so good it made me cry

That just.. Just.. changed the game forever.. rip dom

3. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

I would say the ending in super metroid from the snes was pretty sad, won't spoil it but if you played the game you would understand why 3:

4. Ranmage

Ranmage Builder Stabber

fukinhg best game ever- yuotube
    2hard tho ::(: once crashed i cried muhc

5. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

>>>incoming necro missile<<<

It really is just opinion, but the game's controls are sloppy, and the mechanics are really bad.

Also, the ending to Mibibli's Quest made me cry.

6. ieatpieandlikepie

ieatpieandlikepie Drill Rusher

pokemon make me cry i grind so hard that my fingers broke and i cried when they bent em back more that way because i had no waifu
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 9, 2015, Original Post Date: Dec 9, 2015 ---
    But really, none of the games I've played really made me sad except for poker, and thats because I lost my life savings of 5 dollars

Does poker even count as a game since i played it irl

J-man2003 likes this.
  7. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

comedy gold

Also the ending to Don't Starve is actually pretty upsetting.

8. Limbo, an aesthetic game that is very dark. Doesn't make me cry at the ending but quite depressing if you get the meaning of it.

9. Ranmage

Ranmage Builder Stabber

Played pokemon firered til the end, finished the island quests. Just after completion, my save file just disappeared. I cried muhc. :c rip destroyer the nidoking

10. king-george

king-george Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

In my opinion, the ending is freaking creepy...

J-man2003 likes this.
  11. BarsukEughen555

lol, the ending if u will or if u will die (In new versions - get prisoned)
    gg plox

J-man2003 likes this.
  12. LordPumpkin

LordPumpkin Bison Rider

Urm MLP freindship is magic number 3 the bit where flutter shy could not get here cookie

J-man2003 likes this.
  13. Life Is Strange fucked me up tbh

But Kingdom Hearts 1 / 2 / 265/2 days makes me tear up all the time for the nostalgia factor

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
    Hermap likes this.
  14. ieatpieandlikepie

ieatpieandlikepie Drill Rusher

one piece also makes me tear up...

Wait are we still talking about video games?

15. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

lel, well, it is a CARD GAME, so you know.

J-man2003 likes this.
  16. Assassin's Creed Black Flag. No question. Best story out of any game I've ever played, the table scene at the ending was emotional. All three endings of GTA 5 also made me feel, but it was more of a content, happy feeling when Franklin walks on.

17. Vamist

Vamist THD Team THD Team Tester

blue dragon was the first game i ever played, and it shall be the most emotional game i ever played, while being the one i have finished over 9 times. (its 3 disc's, and around 27 hours to complete one if your doing a speed run >.<)

18. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

King Arthur's Gold, a 2d indie game. It's terrible and made me tear up my shirt and cry.

19. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

If you want to play a legitimately heartbreaking game, try This War of Mine. It's sort of like a zombie survival game, but there's no zombies. You're a bunch of civilians running around in the middle of a civil war scavenging resources and building shelters. You have to, like, burn your guitar to heat your house and your people are all sad because your guitar player can't play guitar anymore and one lady won't get out of bed because she murdered some family for their sandwich and YOU MADE THEM DO IT ALL BECAUSE YOU WANT THEM TO SURVIVE DAMNIT.

Also the gameplay is really good. It has fun base building, resource management, and surprisingly good stealth gameplay. It even has some of that classic adventure game sense of discovery as there are a lot of hidden interactions in the game, i.e. "good at math" isn't as useless a talent as you might think. So it's fun even if you're not impacted emotionally.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/282070/

20. BarsukEughen555

I can offer up a game
    Valiant Hearts
    yer sad story 'bout first World War, gase attacks, logical stuff and sad story

J-man2003 likes this.
Mods: BlueLuigi