1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[accepted] Lefty (Left4Dead23)

Discussion in 'Archive' started by L3fty, Jan 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. L3fty

L3fty Bison Rider Staff Alumni

Which continent are you from?
    US, (you will see me in EU and AUS servers when I pull all-nighters, I have frequent insomnias)

How often do you play?
    8 hours a day (give or take)

What times are you usually available (Please answer with your timezone)?
    1pm - 10pm (pacific standard time)

Why should you get admin and what makes you a good admin?
    I'm on the servers more then anyone (at least was), by the look of my gaming hours I'm a pretty hard-core gamer. I embrace the nature of team-oriented PvP , My experiences range in all spectrums with griefers and trolls, including being a victim to false accusations and votekicks, and psychological games.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

::Extra::

- Just turned 33 ,
    - I'm 6 foot 4 , 210 pound, white, male, my favorate sport is table tennis :)
    - I'm international, Born in Belorussian (while it was still Soviet) moved to Moscow after Chernobyl in neighboring Ukraine. During Russian reform, spent 6 years staying in "Asia’s oldest international boarding school" in India (pic). By the time I hit Russia's compulsory military draft age I was already living in sunny California in States.

- My favorite games have been Fps's , I've stuck to everything Valve has made ever since it popped my gaming cherry with epic at the time Half-Life and its TFC multiplayer addon. I was an instant junky . I have +4k non-idle hours in TF2 (pic) but TFC was my first massive time sinker, sniping and bunnyhopping on an old engine was a real treat.

I do other things then game, in 2006 I was riding these.

::Admin-ing::
    I have +4k hours (pic) in Kag as well, was very likely the most active player last year (played almost every single day, could do easily 8 hour sessions, sometimes 10 even 12) , "why?" you ask! I have chronic pain that I'm trying to distract myself from.

Kag to me is a true multiplayer, its stimulating e-sport driven by friendly competition, its magic comes from being in the zone and having team flow. Its hard enough as is to accomplish this, which is why I rage at players who don't care about other peoples time and find it fun and funny to put sticks in peoples spokes. Perfect example "By-Tor". There needs to be a rule written clearly about saw griefers that admins dont have to be on fence about, as I've seen By-Tor play with admins on team yet continuously screw his team and builders by taking their tree farm saws. He does this to me every single game. Not to mention his other unethical behaviors like spike dropping at beginning of rounds or at the end before leaving server. I play enough to see this stuff go unchecked regularly. But in general I'd be interested in moderating rather then exercising vote-kick system. Some players are thickheaded but don't need a 30 min timeout, a simple quick freeze from admin would do.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
    sangfroid, bunnie, Kazaco97 and 4 others like this.
  2. PanduhsFTW

PanduhsFTW Ballista Bolt Thrower Staff Alumni

As my post from the Official Admin thread states, I'm all for Lefty being an admin. He's a great guy and is extremely dedicated to KAG. +1

L3fty likes this.
  3. CowboyDan

CowboyDan Bison Rider Staff Alumni Donator Tester

+2

L3fty likes this.
  4. neil58

neil58 Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Zen - [Zen] - (Invite Only)

+1

L3fty likes this.
  5. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Never imagined Lefty to be such a big guy.

+1 :blank:I fully expect him to be a dedicated/wise admin.

sangfroid and L3fty like this.
  6. _Cuffs_

_Cuffs_ Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Ruins games the right way. Very serious and active about KAG. +1

technoteddy303 likes this.
  7. Amrrrica

Amrrrica Builder Stabber Staff Alumni

One of the guys where you wonder, "Why isn't he an admin already?" +1

L3fty likes this.
  8. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

PUNK123 likes this.
  9. Vamist

Vamist THD Team THD Team Tester

people change over time, and he has become a better member I use to swaer and grief, and now look at me. +1 leaty

10. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  11. L3fty

Vamist, its not even true

-I didn't participate in the conversation, you wouldn't see me making any claims, at that time i was staying away from forum and wasn't registered. In fact on the same day Jiggy made 1 day ban, contacted me, and I told Jiggy things from not my perspective but from what it could have looked like for the sake of squashing the situation and Jiggy decided undo his action.
    -I don't build swastikas, I find people who use Hitler in their names, or troll about holocaust, distasteful. Its a horrific event.

Auburn check your source, the guy "dem" has big ego for very little skill, and a mouth that likes to run unchecked, quite a character. He builds simple fast scrubby structures like first week noob but with attitude of master mason, think Harleyx, will go frantic in denial when you point it out. Fun stuff happens to him in that thread , Leo eventually perma bans him on blackdeath for crashes and being a dick. Not that i agree with that, I dealt with him my way, i did spike drop him to prevent him from destroying my stuff in that particular instance with me.

Furai, sure, re-edited the app to include proper format.

If merging is a requirement here is the info, otherwise im fine the way it is.
    //EDIT by Furai: Merged. Now you should be L3fty on Steam. If you want to have gold name here on forums - just re-login.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2016
    Vamist likes this.
  12. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

IIRC you were given a temp ban for false votekicking(and you justified it with he started it) on black death. Honestly i feel like in pubs you are really heavy handed when dealing with people who mess up what you want to do. Not sure how you would handle admin powers if you've already misused vote-kicking powers and didn't have the maturity to go through the channels(like reporting the person who supposedly started it instead of just falsely vote-kicking them back)
    EDIT:

Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
  13. RampageX

RampageX Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

+1

L3fty likes this.
  14. L3fty

thanks rampage

RampageX likes this.
  15. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

+1 Lefty is strange, but in a good way. He obviously takes this game very seriously and I think he'd make a great admin.

PUNK123 and L3fty like this.
  16. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Fair enough, but you also should communicate how you witnessed things and what you are thinking. Don't say what you think someone could have seen for the sake of someone's feelings and to clear a situation up faster.

I'll change my vote to +0 then, as I am honestly unsure about you at the moment.

17. technoteddy303

technoteddy303 Haxor

+1 responsible and cares about this game

L3fty likes this.
  18. toothgrinderx

toothgrinderx Ballista Bolt Thrower Staff Alumni Tester Official Server Admin

+1 another extremely active and skilled player like myself who enjoys straightforward matches without the presence of fuck boys

L3fty likes this.
  19. PanduhsFTW

PanduhsFTW Ballista Bolt Thrower Staff Alumni

You don't even play KAG.

20. L3fty

Dont worry @PUNK123,
    Never gonna give you up
    Never gonna let you down
    Never gonna run around and desert you
    Never gonna make you cry
    Never gonna say goodbye