1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Official KAG mapcycle

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mazey, Jan 10, 2016.

?

Which map(s) would you not mind playing on in CTF?

Poll closed Jan 19, 2016.
  1. Gurin_DoubleSided

8 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. JTG_Aqueduct

8 vote(s)
    36.4%
  3. JTG_BoulderLake

5 vote(s)
    22.7%
  4. JTG_FirstBadlands

14 vote(s)
    63.6%
  5. JTG_NewGetisburgMines

5 vote(s)
    22.7%
  6. KoujiMap

5 vote(s)
    22.7%
  7. MonsteriCTF1

7 vote(s)
    31.8%
  8. MonsteriCTF2

7 vote(s)
    31.8%
  9. MonsteriCTF3

8 vote(s)
    36.4%
  10. Oodle_Remnant

6 vote(s)
    27.3%
  11. Oodle_Stonethrow

7 vote(s)
    31.8%
  12. Rayne_FlarellBridge

5 vote(s)
    22.7%
  13. Rayne_FlarellBridge1

5 vote(s)
    22.7%
  14. Rayne_KingArthursPond

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  15. Rayne_KingArthursPonds

6 vote(s)
    27.3%
  16. Rayne_Liquidate

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  17. Rayne_NerysRidge

8 vote(s)
    36.4%
  18. Rayne_ShaftCanyon

3 vote(s)
    13.6%
  19. Shadowor_IslandCoast

7 vote(s)
    31.8%
  20. Shadowor_Minotaur

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  21. Shadowor_ProvingGrounds

7 vote(s)
    31.8%
  22. Skinney_Bluff

7 vote(s)
    31.8%
  23. Skinney_Crypt

10 vote(s)
    45.5%
  24. Skinney_Typhoon

9 vote(s)
    40.9%
  25. 8x_Fest_Pass

7 vote(s)
    31.8%
  26. Ej_Chambers

7 vote(s)
    31.8%
  27. EjMap

3 vote(s)
    13.6%
  28. Fellere_FourRivers

9 vote(s)
    40.9%
  29. TresFlags

4 vote(s)
    18.2%
  30. CerberosRift

8 vote(s)
    36.4%
  31. HearthPlains

11 vote(s)
    50.0%
  32. MillenniumBell

5 vote(s)
    22.7%
  33. NewTortuga

6 vote(s)
    27.3%
  34. Snatchmark

12 vote(s)
    54.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Hey
    We're thinking of refreshing the official mapcycle (approved by @Furai)
    Here is an album of all the "approved" maps. Please look at it when voting in the poll. If you made a nice map yourself or have seen one, feel free to post it like I did below, and if it gets approved it might be in the next patch (please vote on at least 7-8 - don't be too strict).

As for TTH and TDM, TTH has only a few maps and TDM rounds are very short, so I prioritized CTF in the poll. But feel free to post new maps that are currently not in the game! (tip: use mechanisms :heart:)

Here's a map I made which might be nice:
    Mazey_Junctions.png

Main purposes of this thread: get a list of wanted/interesting maps currently in the game/approved and gather some new maps

Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
    jimmyzoudcba, Joiken, Noburu and 8 others like this.
  2. Bum_Bleed

Bum_Bleed Horde Gibber

Just made this one
    Jacobious_TwoFronts.png
    Idea is to have two separate flags to attack/defend against at the same time, (1 top, 1 bottom) without a easy way to cross. Hopefully this it will encourage different strategies and promote teamwork :blue:

PinXviiN and Trekobius like this.
  3. Trekobius

Trekobius Builder Stabber

Hey,
    This is a great idea to refresh the maps!
    I have spent a lot of time making this map for CTF and testing it :blue::red:
    Trekobius_DragonsLair.png
    I call it the Dragon's Lair :eek:
    Let me know if there's anything else I need to do or how I can improve it :thumbs_up:

PS. There's 7 Dragons/Serpents :wink:

EDIT: I've made some changes and posted the newer version below.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
    TeQaS, JayP9 and Bum_Bleed like this.
  4. Bum_Bleed

Bum_Bleed Horde Gibber

Here's another one I quickly whipped up. (Couldn't add it by editing my other one)
    Jacobious_Slope.png
    Should be a good map for quick games with catas, ballistas and tramps.

5. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

That's a lot of dirt :oops: try adding more stone underground like in EjMap: [​IMG]

6. daskew87

daskew87 Legendary corpse humper Donator

Heya. I made this map a while ago. It looks really good. It is a little whacky, but is not a stalemater despite flag position. When I have hosted it, players on the whole like and have fun on it. Very enjoyable for archers......

daskew87 - Homage
    Daskew_Homage.png
    200x72

I appreciate that default maps should be fairly standard - this map is slightly different, but I believe could be a noteworthy addition that mixes stuff up appropriately every now and again. Whilst also giving an "official" feel, as the blocks are used correctly.

The eye-candy of this is very nice and professional looking up-close. Take a look in-game.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
  7. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

I fucking love this fucking map.

daskew87 likes this.
  8. kittycity

kittycity Haxor

Darknighte9 and JayP9 like this.
  9. JayP9

JayP9 HSJJRF Staff Alumni Donator

Looks awesome dude , keep it up :)

Bum_Bleed likes this.
  10. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

When I asked for some map changes I did not mean thread with a poll. Could not you people just pick up a few maps from the resources or just add some old official maps to the map cycle? Anyway as I said before, any map changes will be good. Playing on the same maps everyday is boring af. I hope this poll will end quickly :P

Damn, there are only 4-5 good maps (I love to play on) from those we currently have on the servers.. We need definitely more!
    I like Daskew's map. You can check those from my resource pack btw:
    https://forum.thd.vg/resources/flat-pack-simple-flat-ctf-maps.350/ Dryland, Simple or Gaps could be good.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2016
    Joiken and daskew87 like this.
  11. Bum_Bleed

Bum_Bleed Horde Gibber

Added some more stone and things underground as @Mazey suggested. Allows for tunnelling now.
    Jacobious_Slope.png

Trekobius likes this.
  12. Mazey

Yea but some thought doing it both publicly and internally would be good. Plus, KAG doesn't get updates that often so we have time, new mapcycle should be added in the next update, don't worry.

Look better ::D:

daskew87 and Bum_Bleed like this.
  13. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I'd like to see some changes to the listed maps mostly, like more bedrock around the flags to make the rats life a bit harder, and less height in some maps to avoid the bomb bolts from base tower = win.
    I'll bring some maps hopefully.

Croco-Dile and Magmus like this.
  14. Trekobius

Trekobius Builder Stabber

So upon further testing (and just because I felt like it), I've increased the height, you are now able to walk through the dragons heads allowing easier building and I've added other small changes.
    Trekobius_Dragons.png

Here's what the map looks like In Kag:
    2016-01-14_00001.jpg
    2016-01-14_00001.jpg
    I think it would play fairly standard however it has some cool dragons :wink: and some other unique features.

101i, toffie0, ParaLogia and 2 others like this.
  15. Mazey

Closed the poll. If you have new maps for CTF feel free to post them but........

.. ::(: nobody posted anything related to tdm or tth :no: if you don't want @Furai :fcp: to ban you :spam: post some :yes: please my dear buddies :bomb:and haters:water_bomb::heart:

Bum_Bleed likes this.
  16. daskew87

Get @kodysch to make some TDMs. When I was judging the map contest over a year ago I found his TDMs to be of incredible quality.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
    AmestriStephen likes this.
  17. Croco-Dile

Croco-Dile The Reptilian Donator

I have some crazy maps I made.
    Alien Planet: A basic hilly map but it's shaped like the face of an alien or something. Has a buttom area that is great for a tunnel shop.
    :red::blue: Useful for::sword::bow:
    alienplanet.png

Anthole: The twist on this is there's a tunneling area up top because people are so used to tunneling underground :wink: Also there's a abandoned building at mid for a tunnel or knight shop that is protected with bedrock.
    :red::red::blue::blue: Useful for::hammer:
    anthole.png

Broken Mountain: It's a mountain, That is broken.
    :red::blue::noburu:Useful for::bow::hammer::chicken:
    brokenmountain.png

daskew87, TheFlare and PeggleFrank like this.
  18. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Updated some maps I did that were used in Black Death CTF, Dash Ninjas TDM and Hallic's Arcade CTF:
    CTF:

SheepYard.png

Snares.png (this was only played a couple of times)

Pork_buns.png

Pass_Fest.png
    TDM:
    K_019.png
    K_026.png
    K_Pass_Fest.png

On a side note: lately the CTF map we're enjoying most is the old classic sandbox one ::P:.

RadioActive likes this.
  19. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

All cool and amazing but I don't see here enough activity...I hoped that by now this thread would be at least 5 pages long. People arguing about aspects of maps and why they should be in mapcycle or not.
    I wanted to see mapcycles no only for CTF but for TDM and TTH as well. (Let's not skip TTH, good mapcycle can bring it back to life.)

Croco-Dile likes this.
  20. daskew87

With TTH in my opinion some of the maps are quite boring. The ones that are just basically a flat long surface with 4 halls on them. In TTH you have a great chance to have guerilla warfare and have multiple simultaneous battles going on - very cool and makes it DIFFERENT from CTF. Not possible though on some of these TTH default flat maps - when they are loaded I often leave the server because I know that all too often it's just a back and forth, 1-dimensional tug of war that I don't personally enjoy and you can get that from CTF anyway. [Also with the quick respawning in TTH a 1 platform tug of war can last about 1000 years before it's finally finished.]

(below is a map that turns me off a little for TTH - flat, and makes a dull back and forth game for this gamemode)
    Davies Plains
    DaviesPlains.png

But when for example this one is loaded I know I'm in for a compelling game that offers something different to other game modes:

(below is good example of TTH map, with plural attack paths)
    Juggernaut
    Juggernaut.png

From the map-making contest I ran in 2014, this was a really cool TTH map that I noticed:

War On Water - by @ffsff
    WarOnWaterTTH.png
    From what I remember the eye-candy is really good when you look at it in-game. The halls are placed around a multiplatform map. Games were fun in this custom map. I would recommend this turn into a swanky new TTH default. Check it though because from memory I think one or two of the halls don't spawn - although this might have been another TTH that I was thinking of from the competition.

TAKE A RISK ON THIS MAP!!!

Most people found the flooded water concept refreshing and interesting. Do note that the water doesn't flood everywhere because the bedrock holds each water patch in it's respective place and it is neat.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
    SJD360 and Croco-Dile like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.