1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Anime general

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by 10110100101, Mar 10, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

@Wonkyth is prolly too lazy to post here, but fwiw he maintains the two series are two halves of the same whole. Quoth (well, paraphrase):

BlueLuigi likes this.
  2. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

all these steins;gate avatars = muh dick.

boku dake, active raid, DEFINITELY Gate S2, and grimgar look like the only interesting ones. i await the anime adaption of Steins;Gate 00.

3. TheAverageMan

TheAverageMan Shark Slayer
    1. DUCKS - We Love DUCKS

DRRR!!! is on that list? yuck
    First season was really good, not as good as baccano but still pretty great. Shame is went so bloody downhill after that :thumbs_down:
    Nothing really that catching on that list imo : (

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
    SirDangalang likes this.
  4. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Lawrence_Shagsworth Joke Slayer Official Server Admin

Finished Baccano!(specials included) and Zankyou no Terror. I will be starting Code Geass, 'NHK ni Youkoso!, and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann(long title much). As for Winter 2016, the series that I am definitely watching are Dagashi Kashi, GATE S2, Ajin, and Sushi Police.

5. SirDangalang

SirDangalang Lvl. 128 MissingNo. Donator

Active Raid sounds kind of interesting for a try but the current lineup is making me feel I should catch up on GTO and Ghost In The Shell SSS instead :D

P.s. For some reason I can't upload a pic but I got a figure of Mokoto Kusanagi for Christmas. Anime related gifts are the best :heart:

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
  6. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

Ohhhhhh, oh man oh man oh man. You're in for a ride brother, back in the days of before I was an oldfag, I managed to lead the whole forum into wearing Kamina glasses (shiny, spiky orange glasses, you probably have seen them before) on to their avatars, just from a simple wish from a shitty forum game, and somehow, it even touched the devs and they ended up paying respects to the 'Kamina glasses avatar flood' by adding 2 in-game wearable heads of Kamina and Yoko, 2 of the protagonists from the show. I would recommend to refrain from looking up anything about TTGL due to the chance of being spoilered being very, very high.

Oh and another tip, while you're watching, just switch off your critical thinking brain, and enjoy the motherfucking hell of a ride that TTGL is. :kamina:

7. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

Been watching Haikyu, which is good as always and just started watching "The Perfect Insider", which is pretty decent so far.
    Sekkou Boys for similar reasons, and Dagashi Kashi because I like the manga.
    EDIT: Also, Boku dake ga inai machi because it sounds cool and Nijiiro Days because I just read the manga.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
  8. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Dagashi Kachi, Gate, Divine Gate (giving it 3ep test), PSO2, Active Raid, Dimension W (3ep test), Grimgar (The art reminds me of Ragnarok so I just HAVE to watch the whole season), Nisekoi OVA

Lawrence_Shagsworth likes this.
  9. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Finished Code Geass S1, 'NHK ni Youkoso!, and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. Saying that they were all great would be an understatement! Depending on how the Winter 2016 season, I will start Hibike! Euphonium, K-On!, and Code Geass S2.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
    Hawxx and BlueLuigi like this.
  10. stabborazz

stabborazz Haxor Staff Alumni

Did you also finish code geass season II ?

11. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Only finished season 1, guess I should have been a little clearer with that post. This is what I will be starting, which I suppose is a season 2?

12. stabborazz

stabborazz Haxor Staff Alumni

Yes, that's season 2. And here it gets interesting, I think season 2 is really good.

13. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

Mfw AssClass S2 finally started, I really enjoyed S1 especially near the end, hopefully shit goes down this season.

Also been watching Shokugeki no Souma, enjoying this one too, makes me way too fucking hungry though.

14. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

So far, I've watched the first episodes of Assassination Classroom (S2), Dagashi Kashi, ERASED, Sushi Police (lol), and of course, Sekkou Boys.

I plan to continue with every series except Sushi Police. The strongest 1st episode was ERASED, and that from a series I heard nothing of beforehand.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 9, 2016, Original Post Date: Jan 9, 2016 ---
    As a manga reader--Yes, I think this season's material should be as good as (if not better than) last season's.

Hawxx and Lawrence_Shagsworth like this.
  15. Yagger

ERASED is going to be so good in the future, or it could end up with a shitty ending. One of the few I'm picking up.

16. Mersau1t

Mersau1t Catapult Fodder

It's a bit of a ridiculous recommendation, but I absolutely loved it : "Akagi, The Genius Who Descended Into The Darkness". Anybody seen this nonsense? All Mahjong, all the time. Did I know anything about Mahjong (other than the microsoft applications game) before watching it? No. Did I know anything about Mahjong after? No. Have I seen another anime that features a less than positive view of industrializing, post ww2 japan? No. Also its freaking awesome. Do you like Death Note? Do you like Geass? Do you wish that the entire show were Light playing tennis, or Lelouch playing tennis? You might like this.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  17. Yagger

if the Lelouch crew played tennis with their body anatomy they could touch both sides of the net at the same time.

Hawxx likes this.
  18. Lawrence_Shagsworth

How would they even be able to hold the racket in the first place, they have arms like bloody noodles. Speaking of Lelouch, almost finished Code Geass S2. Will be continuing Hibike! Euphonium since 1st episode was pretty interesting.

19. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

If you liked that, you should check out Kaiji: The Ultimate Survivor. The source material is by the same guy, and I often hear the two mentioned together.

I think the character is not as smart as Akagi, so the perspective is a little different. But the mind-games are still very present. Also, you don't need to know anything about Mahjong. The rules for all the games are explained in the show. You can look forward to 2 seasons of intense noses and man-tears.

In other news, I've watched the 1st eps of Dimension W, Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu. and Bubuki Buranki. DW impressed me all around with its action/animation/world-building. Rakugo feels like a really strong story that just happens to be an anime. BBK had nice-looking CGI and not much else.

I realize that the number of series I've started is too much for me to sustain once school starts, so I fully expect to drop around half of the airing seasons (or at least put them on-hold). But who knows?

Mersau1t likes this.
  20. Mersau1t

Mersau1t Catapult Fodder

Just watched the first episode, I absolutely love it so far. Exactly as promised, outrageous noses, plots, and man tears. Honestly, the first episode of Kaiji has me more excitied than Akagi did. Hadn't heard of it at all before, thanks for the recommendation!

BlueLuigi and ParaLogia like this.
Mods: BlueLuigi