1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[CTF] TwoTrees

Discussion in 'Maps' started by SpitfireXero, Nov 28, 2011.

1. SpitfireXero

SpitfireXero KAG Guard Tester

With permission from Wonka, I took his map and duplicated the tree, distanced them apart and created this. The trees are still the same, with only minor changes.

Description: You must fly from your nest into the enemy's tree, and steal their flag from their nest. Then you must fly back with the assistance of your teammates.

TwoTrees.png

screen-11-11-28-17-35-25.png

screen-11-11-28-17-37-27.png

Labla, Noc and Wonka like this.
  2. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

One word - Fun!

3. IloveElectro

IloveElectro Base Burner

Could be amusing lol..

4. Eggnogg

Eggnogg Ye Olde Wench Donator Tester

The lack of stone makes me sad :(

5. SpitfireXero

I might go ahead and edit the tree to be made of stone; thereby making it a "petrified" tree. Would that make you happy? :)

6. ShadowMyr

ShadowMyr Shipwright

if only they added swingable vines lol

7. SpitfireXero

I considered that but it wasn't really what I was going for with this map. I want people to have to be shot over, not just swing like Tarzan

8. ShadowMyr

ShadowMyr Shipwright

ah, that makes sense

9. Labla

Labla Shopkeep Stealer

I like the idea. I'm curious if this could work with spruce trees. It should be much easier to draw this to look good. Christmas Day is coming, so you could go wild with decorations. Also I think that trees doesn't need to be necessarily straight (wicked tries grows in nature) - this could open options for gliding and so on. More than two trees can be included in my opinion (e.g. lower or higher one in the middle) to spice up gameplay and strategy on this map.

10. As far as I know, island maps with 2 islands really quickly turns into "who built a catapult faster". If you made the map wider and added a another tree in the middle it would be better.