1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Is it possible to create shaders mod? and why doesn't kag beta have day/ night cycle ingame?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by epic_cookies123, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Is it possible to create shaders?
    Kag, in general is a beautiful game, however, the vanilla shader is too blurry for me and it doesn't seem fitting most of the time. I love the vanilla shader,but that doesn't mean it will exceed my favor.

So i am asking in wonder if it is possible to create a better shader mod. Imagine minecraft shader mod, and now it applies with kag. Imagine a kag game where beautiful light shines through building with beautiful shadows, immersive beautiful background. A lively game to play with, and this would totally make me jump if shaders like this can apply into kag.

Please don't bash me because I'm a aesthetic type of guy who doesn't care performance ingame. It is just what i think, any bias thoughts can be appreciated though.

Why doesnt KAG beta have day night cycle in CTF?
    I'm just wondering though, nothing important about this additional question.

Thanks guys

Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
  2. Achillios

Achillios Pilgrim
    1. Gather Oceania

if you go into the KAG files, you can find the shader s they use. It is a simple openGL script that smooths the pixels. I imagine that if you could find a shader with the same format,you could make it work somehow .

3. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

A lot of people hate the day/night cycle. I'm all for it, but arguably it might not have a place for CTF

blackjoker77777 and EhRa like this.
  4. Why do they hate it? I actually love the day night cycle, carrying lamp around fighting other knights, hide in the dark, throw lamp the reveal identity and such. Night cycle doesn't have to be that long. But it will give the game a more atmospheric sensation.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 21, 2016, Original Post Date: Jan 21, 2016 ---
    Smooth pixels in my opinion is not that good, especially for builders. What i meant is to apply immersive lighting texture, beautiful background, great shadow function and such. Idk if devs ever care about the aesthetic function of the game :\
    You know, something like this: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=192850354

makmoud98 likes this.
  5. Achillios

Achillios Pilgrim
    1. Gather Oceania

Smooth pixels in my opinion is not that good, especially for builders. What i meant is to apply immersive lighting texture, beautiful background, great shadow function and such. Idk if devs ever care about the aesthetic function of the game :\
    You know, something like this: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=192850354[/QUOTE]
    I know. I said that;s what KAG uses by default. You will have to have modding skills to be able to code it.
    Some links about openGL:
    https://www.opengl.org/wiki/Shader
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_h3GdMtO0M
    you would have to be able to somehow port a shader into a 2D platform as openGL is used for 3D games (a lot of the time).

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2016
  6. We should open recognition to everyone. Hopefully someone will mod it?

7. Achillios

Achillios Pilgrim
    1. Gather Oceania

yeah. The game would look so good. It shouldn't be that complicated to do.

8. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

yes I'm sure an ultra realistic shader mod for this game consisting of 2D sprites will materialize, you just have to believe. All you have to do is hack together a GUI interface in Visual Basic that includes a button for "Immersive, Beautiful Backgrounds", press it, and KAG will look like a Leonardo Da Vinci painting.

9. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Next time ask modding questions in the modding sections please... Would move but this threads linked to the daylight question...

Should have two seperate threads... Aah well, something to keep in mind for next time.

10. srr for that