1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Action [!] [CTF + Trolls]

Discussion in 'Server Directory' started by BlueLuigi, Nov 23, 2011.

Mods: jackitch
  1. Miaow

Miaow The Fanciest Pants always wins Donator Tester

I feel like defenders should be more focused on holding a position, falling back, holding etc, while attackers scale the walls, tunnel underneath and just try and break down the door.

2. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I think the problem here is that without severely limiting numbers on both sides attackers will find that a lot of the maps require X bombs to pass the first area and it's in their benefit to simply suicide for another bomb after they place the first one.

3. Jackal

Jackal Shark Slayer

Aye. Perhaps once we have more control over server variables the Attack/Defense game mode will hit it's pinnacle.

4. BlueLuigi

Indeed. Tested out some changes as suggested by Geti (then tweaked gradually, still needs more tweaking).

Red: Builders! coins are back, build workshops you lazy bastards! Don't forget to give them your stone! Lives still at 4 per player
    Blue: Removed archers, 2 Bombs Knights, Unlimited Lives!
    Time: 7 minutes, was 5 proved to be WAY too fast.

Tip for blue: BE agressive ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2XGp5ix8HE )
    If you aren't, their builders will shut you out.

Jackal, please make a thread for your Mount Flarell Map so that I can critique it a bit :< Don't know if you ever made those changed, like shortening the bridge and fixing the mountain on red's side, and the cross area.

Rayne and Noc like this.
  5. Miaow

Miaow The Fanciest Pants always wins Donator Tester

Why can't blues have archers?

6. Noc

Noc Bison Rider

Best server yet!

7. BlueLuigi

Was testing the idea how Geti posted it. May add Blue archers back, they could surely be useful and shouldn't unbalance too much really. Will do when I get home to try it out.

8. mailgod89

mailgod89 Shipwright

builders just.. well i dont like the server any more plus builders: blue will switch to red be a builders and grief away and switch back to blue.

9. Baron_Norab

Baron_Norab KAG Guard Tester

Umm... yeah, builders completely break a lot of maps, they just channel away huge portions and blue can't go anywhere.

10. mailgod89

mailgod89 Shipwright

I am glad you agree with me.

11. mailgod89

mailgod89 Shipwright

builders just ruin the server.

sj67 likes this.
  12. Acavado

Acavado KAG Guard Tester

Haha, I really like this server. I'm not getting the same feel with builders on red though. I felt like the essence of the A/D mode was the slow advance of blue who would inevitably take the flag; It was the red's battle to be able to survive just long enough. In this form though, with builders, with rocks dropping all over the place, red has the potential to survive indefinitely.

Noburu likes this.
  13. BlueLuigi

good builders go far yea. If it were increased in time, or simply lowered red's lives some more (4->3, maybe 2?), it might play out a bit differently, sending in bombjumping knights to harass before they can get any stopping power might be a legitimate plan. Archers are probably going to have to come back because of the way adefenders often have high ground (making archers OP against knights).

As always, this is all testing, suggestions welcome \o/

Jackal likes this.
  14. sj67

sj67 Greg hunter

Disliking the add of builders, but I can live with it.

15. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Arsenist Administrator Global Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

Disliking the add of builders, but I can live with it. [2]

EDITED:
    I guess builders fucked the balance between red and blue. Unlimited lifes for blue is a good idea, but they should get only one bomb (I know they will suicide for more bombs, just add a bigger respawn time).
    But maybe i'm wrong, and builders just need some balancing (maybe three bombs for blue?).
    Anyway, If they keep giving red a great advantage, THEN they should be removed.

Thanks sj67 I hadn't noticed the double post xD

16. sj67

sj67 Greg hunter

What? That didn't make sence, could you say it diferetnly? And you double posted by the way. :P

And a offtopic question: How do you turn Spellcheck on?

17. Jackal

Jackal Shark Slayer

This is a nice idea, sir. ;)

18. Baron_Norab

Baron_Norab KAG Guard Tester

Okay, my breakdown of the game-mode as it is right now:

Builders:
    I can see why you want to test them, to build workshops, repair structures, etc. etc., but they can totally break maps, as I said before, by channeling out large sections of forts and cliffs that blue uses to get into the red base, plus they can do the tried and true "castle-block-in-a-hallway-while-running-backwards" for ultimate rage. :p

No archer for Blue:
    I don't really mind this, archers on blue don't do much anyway, and it forces blue to keep pushing with knights. People who play archers may disagree, but I don't really have problem with it.

Low lives on Red:
    I'd say bump it back up to its previous amount, as red has to be either too defensive or be really good players, which you can't always have.

Unlimited Blue lives:
    I don't like this one bit, it encourages bomb suicide far too much. The ratio should be like 9:5 or 8:5, so blue has the opportunity to push hard, but red has the opportunity to bleed them out.

2 Bombs for Blue:
    I like it and dislike it at the same time. There are a few maps where this helps a lot with blowing apart obstacles and the like in the beginning, but on a majority of them it just breaks the red defense far too easily.

baranok and Noburu like this.
  19. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I mostly agree with Baron. If you are going to do unlimited lives, you need to make respawn times fairly low and have a fairly low time limit as well.

Also I dont think builders have any place at all, at least in the current build.

Archers are defintely needed for red, even though I wish we could limit the total number to 3 or 4 (MM/Geti jump on it!). Blue is truthfully better off without them in most A/D maps. The general positioning that blue archers get make them not be very useful IMO.

20. mailgod89

mailgod89 Shipwright

honestly i just cant play this anymore. I liked it when the server started. I was one of the first people to enter the server. I liked the way it started. The addition of builders and no archers for blue just made it boring. That's all i have to say.

Mods: jackitch