1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Moderator applications/list

Discussion in 'Groups' started by Aphelion, Dec 15, 2013.

1. stabborazz

stabborazz Haxor Staff Alumni

klokinator made this wonderfull thread on how to properly get an admin position, it's very interesting for people that would like to become an admin.
    Okay so I already posted this in the admin applications thread but I feel it deserves its own topic. If you don't have the time to read this, then really you don't have the time to be an admin. So read it, thanks.

If you want to get a position as an admin, you need to demonstrate the reason that you will make a good admin. EVERYONE wants to "ban grifers" and "stop RKers" (Personally I almost never punish RKers but that's just me) and "make ppl act gud" but really, these are just statements that everyone makes when applying for an admin position. It's like applying for a job as a bank teller and saying "I really just love to count money and bla bla bla" because you're just telling us what we want to hear.

Really, just reading even the most well constructed admin application does not really tell us anything about your level of trust, your level of maturity on the server once you get said hypothetical position, or whether you'll completely abuse it and go power mad. Of course, a poorly written application can do wonders to ensure you never get said position, so I'm going to tell you the greatest way you can possibly get an admin position, and it requires minimal typing at best.

Submit screenshots! Of people doing wrong things, specifically. A screenshot(s) of a griefer destroying something, or someone being abusive in chat, or the things you actually see going wrong on the server and reporting them for us to take care of will do wonders towards helping you get an admin position. If I see, say, FredMay(Fictional person not related at all to the member of the same name for obvious reasons of obviousness) posting pictures of griefers and their ilk every so often in a calm, respectable fashion, I'm going to think "Wow that guy is really on the ball and he keeps catching these guys." Even if we decide not to take action (Maybe the person thought the tower wouldn't collapse or maybe they screamed loudly for an unban, whatever) we still take note that mister FredMay reports people often.

FredMay might not even post an application at all. He might just keep posting images of griefers and explaining what he saw, and importantly, in a calm and respectable fashion. If he posts an image of a guy griefing and then screams something like "THIS PIECE OF SHIT WAS GRIEFING MY BASE AND I WANT HIS STUPID ASS BANNED" then guess what? We might not only not take his request seriously, but we more than likely won't take FredMay himself seriously.

If he posts that same image and then says "Hey there, I was playing on the server today at 1:24 and a guy named 'FreddieMercuryAnusLover69' started griefing our base. He destroyed 10 shops and kegged the outer wall and there weren't any admins online, so I hope you guys can take action." then I'll say "Wow, thanks for the report. We'll take care of this." and mentally I'll be giving FredMay a pat on the back and thinking "Wow, what a reliable griefer report. A few more of these and I'll be making him an offer for admin and I won't take no for an answer."

Worst of all though, if someone posts an admin application because they think the admins we have now are "utter shit" or some other reason that insults us as free volunteers and this person thinks they can do the job better, kiss your chances goodbye. We aren't perfect and we make mistakes. Sometimes I like playing on a server and not administrating. Sometimes I may make a questionable decision. The only time my actions or the actions of another admin should be called into question is if we are clearlyand deliberately doing something abusive, like insulting other players, or griefing a structure we didn't make ourselves, or some other variant of this.

If the only way you can think of to apply for an admin position is to insult another admin and claim your superiority, or to insult a player in a game and subsequently therefore the admins for not taking action sooner/at all, then you have no chance at being an admin. If your English skills are bad (And I generally mean very bad, because even someone who doesn't speak English well can make a good admin.) enough that we can't understand you or you're almost unintelligible, you won't get the position. I'm sorry, but that's just the way it is.

If you've read this whole message and you still want to be an admin, then good for you! Work on reporting griefers in this thread as I've mentioned above and soon, you could be joining us as a fellow admin. Not for the glory or position (I sure as hell don't do it for that reason) but to make the server a more enjoyable place and to keep unwanted people out.

Thanks for reading.

P.S. If by chance you DO spot one of our admins being abusive as mentioned above, post screenshots/video in this thread to report them. If you say "your admins all suck" or "klokinator is a sucky admin" but without any evidence, we won't take you seriously. I do mean that.
    As klokinator mentioned above, a well written application is important. Try seeing your admin application as your job applicaton, a job that you really really want. You will put alot of effort into it, something like this won't do: "yo boass, I wanne work here cuz I need money for my sick mother and 6 children. thanks bay.". Your boss, in this case Aphelion, will think "Well, if he can't put any effort in his application why would he put effort in administrating ?". And that may be true, BUT sometimes it is not.. even if the admin app is lacking it doesn't mean that he/her wouldn't be a good admin. A good (future) admin not getting his/her admin position becouse the application was lacking isn't only a loss for the person itself but also for us, we would lose a skillfull admin. So in short, If you are capable in being a skillfull admin, then you should also be capable to write a good admin application.

2. simo999

simo999 Builder Stabber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

all good was just curious, :) ill be patient :smug::chicken::builder:25252525:scroll::spam::teabag::potato::skeleton::chicken::lantern:

3. Vamist

Vamist THD Team THD Team Tester

Well on steam i have around 750+ hours on steam, And because steam think I've un-installed kag, I have to run kag from its file, Meaning hours do not add on steam time, but a Estimate is around 1000+ hours now.
    I have been a admin on a lot of servers, From Brownies sandbox, I'm meant to be one on Sandbox reborn, but they have forgot to add me >.<, Ikos ctf, Moar class's (All of bunnie and Pirate-robs server's <3) Offical Fun CTF And I'm also a admin on Official server's (here is the link to where i got accepted ( https://forum.thd.vg/threads/accepted-vamist.24167/ ))

My admin has only been removed once, Because me and Pyke was messing around on Ikos ctf, With the /rcon commands, (teheh) but then we gained it back a week later
    Like so, i'm still a admin on most servers.

So, I know how to handle Most situations now, Well I say most because I have been throught a lot, But i guess their is a little bit more i could learn, But i'm still able to get the Matter resolved.
    My ingame name is Vamist
    I'm 15
    going onto 16 in march, And i'm Currently going into my GSCE exams, My main topic is Photoshop (Photography)

Edit: GMT Is my timezone I live in England.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
  4. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

pls gib vamist admin :C

5. Skyx97

Skyx97 Catapult Fodder

Hello Aphelion, I'd like to be an admin because recently i have been playing your role-play mod a lot. I thought if i became admin perhaps i could make it slightly more fun for others and as well as myself. Of course even though i would be moderating, i will also be role-playing along with the players because i am of fan of it and enjoy doing it plus the fact your server is pretty awesome. I will be honest, I'm not experienced as an admin and never gave a thought about applying as one to any other servers because i thought they weren't worth it. I felt your server was different and for the first time, i thought it was worth it taking up such a task for the better of others and the server itself. I will do the utmost of my abilities as an admin to keep people in check and make your server more fun if chosen and if not, i will still be playing your server. I wont abuse my powers for no reason or anything like that because i really don't see any point in that and i'm pretty calm so i can think clearly when it comes to decision making.

My timezone is U.S Pacific

My age is 19

6. BearKnight

BearKnight Shark Slayer
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

i would like to apply to be an administrator. i want to see rules enforced and encourage a healthy community, as well as trying to draw more players into the server by providing a safe environment where they can have fun without being griefed or having grief caused.
    if we're being honoust with each other, I'm sure everyone who applies to be an admin wants to see the rules followed so i wont bother putting that in.
    i have experience doing basic administration on the ANZAC clan's DoD:s server, you can find their primary forums here: http://www.anzacgamers.net.au/

if you have steam or if you make an account on their forums you can most likely contact one of my officers for feedback on my performance.

my personal goals in managing a server are:
    • Encouraging good behaviour
    • Making friends
    • Having a good time
    • Keeping things fair
    • Upholding a healthy set of community standards involving respect of the rules, the administration, and the other players who frequent the server.
    i figure you don't want to hear anything else from me that isn't mentioned here. let me know.
    respectfully, BearKnight

----------------------------
    edit: My timezone is AEST. currently the time is 6:02 pm

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
  7. stabborazz

stabborazz Haxor Staff Alumni

And what is your time zone ?

8. rynardt_sieberhagen

rynardt_sieberhagen Builder Stabber

+1 For knowing what hes doing
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 3, 2016, Original Post Date: Feb 3, 2016 ---
    +1 Drawing new players in, never heard that, good luck

9. Hi @Aphelion, I'd like to apply for that glourious moderator position on your server.

I'd like to help moderator your server and keep the peace.

Why may you ask?

- I have been moderator on multiple server's owned by Beo, back in a classic, until I had to leave KAG due to technical errors, therefore I know all of the rules inside of 'The Big Moderators Rules' book.
    - I've co-owned a popular server owned by @Oban, called Oban's Epic RTDM Server, with over 77 active members and never any real problems (must of been doing something right ;) ) proof: https://forum.thd.vg/social-forums/obans-epic-rtdm-server-closed.301/
    - I am active almost every single day and I spend about 1/3 of my KAG in-game time on the roleplaying server.
    - Alongside all of this, I have be-friended many KAG guards in my time and other fellow moderators, who can quote my work.

I hope that you consider my application dearly, thanks a lot for this opportunity :teabag:

10. rynardt_sieberhagen

Knows what he/she is doing +1

11. de_licious_2

de_licious_2 Catapult Fodder

!!! Hello, my name is Ryan, I'm 16 and I live in the UK. Starting from recently I have practically played on your RP server non-stop, and it is all too often that I see periods of un-admined time that people decide to grief or abuse in, (e.g. wars without reason or base griefing when not at war, etc.). I also just love the KAG community in general and would love to help maintain it and help it grow. I am also a sponsor now :D
    :right: I have had over 4 years experience being an admin, most of that coming from Garry's Mod in which I was a head moderator for a long time before resigning (for a very good reason). I never abuse admin abilities and only use things when necessity requires me to.
    :heart: So, I request a position as an admin on the server, primarily to help prevent any misbehaviour or abuse, but I will also continue to roleplay at the same time. This would make even more sense, because the majority of people who play, as I understand, are in the US time zone which means I could moderate 5-7 hours ahead if no other admins are online.
    :uhh: Finally, an example of something that I would hypotheoretically "moderate" could be taken from an experience I had on the server before. There were 6 orcs, and I was the only elf. I had a nice base built up, and then the orcs declared war for NO reason. They won, obviously (6 v 1) and there was no extensive damage, so I was happy. However, 10-15 minutes later, when we were now neutral, 3 of the orcs just came and completely griefed my entire building without saying anything other than "sorry" afterwards.
    :gear: I hope that you will consider me as a moderator for your server, and I wish to help keep the community alive and thriving. ::):
    Thanks,
    Ryan.

P.S. I would mainly be active every evening and weekend, but not during midday, because I have a non-video game related life, believe it or not.

Edited on 17th March 2016

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
  12. rynardt_sieberhagen

1+ Can moderate in US timezones, (which I am not, and don't know any admins that are) and also seems to know what he is doing

13. LazarusTheGreat

LazarusTheGreat Haxor Donator
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

1+ Very nice application I couldn't find any spelling errors or sentences without punctuation. I've met this player on the server and they are very polite and respectful. From the conversations I've had with him i'd say he definitely deserves this position as an administrator.

14. yamin

yamin Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

+1 As far as I can tell he is actually really active when he has the time, as well as a really good application, I agree with troller111, He deserves atleast a Trial as an administrator.

15. pvt_tod

pvt_tod Base Burner

+1 nice guy, seems pretty active on the forums nice guy as far as i can see, though i haven't been on Aphe's servers for a while now. i've seen him around and he's pretty slick. (I also agree that he deserves a trial run as an admin)

P.S Good luck dude.

16. Mldrm

Mldrm Horde Gibber

This is my second application, I posted my first app 8 months ago, on tab 17 if you want to check it out
    Hello my name is Leo, I live in the US (Central time), And my age is 15,
    Now that, that is out of the way, I can talk about why I should be considered for the position of admin
    First of all, I truly do care about this server It really means a lot to me, and I have shown really caring (A multitude of reports, bringing up attention about the outdated steam guide to Aphelion). And I don't want any of this servers amazing fun to be ruined by griefers or annoyances (yes, I want to ban griefers and other rule breakers DUN-DUN-DUNNNNN). It can feel extremely bad when one of those types of people get on and ruin the experience, and there are no admins online to stop it.
    Second, I am on this game constantly (150 hrs+ constantly) and have been on, ever since wizards shot explosive blasts like Noom, and seasons were non-existent. I often play for sessions from 1-2 hours, I already know the rules, And I have seen a bunch of other what if scenarios unfold, and how many admins deal with them, and what they have done well with handling the situation.
    And finally third, I am usually a pretty nice guy and a good roleplayer. I cannot think of that many times (When not roleplaying), in which I have ever been mean or just a flat out bully to other players, or griefed others bases. I always try my hardest to stay in character, whether it be a great king or a lowly peasant.
    I hope you will consider me for the position of administrator, I want to keep the server as good as gold.
    Thank your for reading
    -Mldrm
    P.S. I too however, have a life outside of Aphelions Roleplay, so I cant be on every waking moment of my life, but will try to get on as often as possible
    EDIT:I have had 2 years Co-Owning a Minecraft server, so that is some experience that I have had being an admin

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
  17. kovren

kovren Catapult Fodder

+1, I've seen him around the server. He's a good RPer and is always helpful.

18. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

Hey Aph, you may remember me. You gave me a piglet once.
    I've been playing on your server actively for quite a while, then had to stop because of reasons. Anyway, those reasons just ended.

A few days ago I revisited your server, and it had quite a few newbies on it. After a few hours I started noticing a pattern with these guys: In less than an hour, they would assist in a random war, or get kicked for "griefing". In both cases, these players just didn't know what to do. To know exactly when something is worth warring over, and when something is griefing... that's pretty complex. I've been trying to help some of them, and one of them thanked me in Steam chat. It felt kinda nice to help them. With moderator status I could probably help them more, though.

Another reason I want to help is the basic and most generic moderator stuff: "make ppl act gud", as klokkinator put it. There is a minor difference in my approach, though. I believe that once a player understands the basics of roleplay, he can decide for himself how to act. Some people simply aren't good at it, but they'll manage by simply following the others around, or by being useful to their team. It's a little harsh, but these guys will usually become the NPC's of the game.
    My goal is to lead these guys, and make them have more fun in roleplaying. We'll all benefit from this, because in my experience most of the random wars and griefs are caused by these inexperienced players.

Lastly, I just like the mod. In my last period of activity I had tons of fun and I want to share that with others.

Some info:
    I'm 18 years old. My timezone is GMT+1. I'm a uni student so my evenings are usually free, and in the weekends I can easily pop in between 2-3pm and midnight.
    At these times there don't seem to be many active moderators, so perhaps I can be the one to fill this gap.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
  19. pvt_tod

pvt_tod Base Burner

+1 for Mldrm.. decent guy, knows how to RP. overall a good player, not so sure about his experience being an admin though. any way good luck bro!

20. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

+ for Gofio O: