1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Soldat

Discussion in 'Other games' started by Tsuki, Jun 4, 2011.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

2001... I think Soldat came out in 2003

2. Andr01d

Andr01d Haxor

Yes, that was a very rough estimate...

3. Ifeedonfrenzy

Ifeedonfrenzy Catapult Fodder

I played Soldat since 2003, up until 2007. Went to college got a brand new computer that could handle most anything at the time, and moved on to bigger, flashier games. Reinstalled it earlier this year.

I was so excited it hadn't changed much.

Some games you come back to and the mechanics are way different and you get irate. This, I fell back into it really easy and am thoroughly enjoying it all over again.

I really wanted :http://link-dead.thd.vg/en/ to become something. Sadly it wasn't to be. This was also an attempt by MM. So was an unfinished game called "R". I've always been on the lookout for MM's games. He does simple, well.

4. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

Does any of you have a demo of link dead? Always wanted to try it but never could;

however, 1.6.7 is out! new type of polygons!

[​IMG]

5. Ifeedonfrenzy

Ifeedonfrenzy Catapult Fodder

6. 8x

Has any of you played this?
    http://www.storm2d.net/
    It's like a game that takes Soldat and tries to make new things on it; not so appealing to me however.

icemusher and darDar like this.
  7. darDar

darDar KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester

Yeah, I'm really looking forward for that game and it has lots of potential but it does need another concept in my opinion. There should either be Soldat2 or Storm2D, but a Storm2D which is actually the same than Soldat but does not share it's name wouldn't be a good way to publish the game if you ask me.

You should indeed try it out and follow the development (which works really fast)
    Also, it's avaible for all operating systems since it's written in Java (Windows,MAC,Linux)

PS: Remember it's still in an early stage, but if you are not too biased and a bit open minded you'll realise that it's already better than soldat in it's current stage (in terms of potential).

About Link-Dead:
    I have the latest version but I dont know if it is for share since all downloads are actually suspended. There are quite a few videos about it on YouTube though, and they explain quite much everything you can do in the game.

8. findude often looks for people to play Link-Dead

9. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Hmm, no one really replied here in a while. Recently soldat has undergone a lot of changes. The most significant being that it's now using OpenGL instead of DirectX. Here's link to the latest beta release: http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=44126.0

10. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Does anyone still run the Hexxer mod on soldat servers? If so i might have to hop back in for the first time in years. Used to be the only mode i played.

11. Achillios

Achillios Pilgrim
    1. Gather Oceania

yes, I have the full latest version. :P

12. Furai

Not sure, some one is hosting some RPG mode sometimes.

Noburu likes this.
  13. Beo

Beo Bison Rider Tester

14. Achillios

Achillios Pilgrim
    1. Gather Oceania

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yeahhhhhhhhh. :B):

15. 8x

Beo please host a realistic CTF server ohmehgherd.
    I tried it yesterday and it runs really smooth.

16. Furai

Works perfectly under wine, for those interested.

17. dnmr

dnmr Ministry of ban Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

the TTW guys hosted a hexer server for a bit a few years ago, but nobody played on it so they took it down. If there was enough demand, it's not out of the question for them to bring it back, idk how much work it'd require to make the mod work with the new server though. That being said, it's doubtful enough people would care

Noburu likes this.
  18. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

::(: I miss the good old days.

dnmr likes this.
  19. 8x

We all do ::(:
    But, hey, we've played some rounds on a realistic CTF lately with more than 10 players. Even yesterday I played a TTW gather with 4v4.
    @RadioActive @Mexer @TerranMarine ^^

20. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

Yo,
    I am not sure if our lrs facebook group exist yet but I could try to ask some people there to install the game and join, at least at weekends. All I need is a realistic server. I got Mex and Terran on Steam so I could ask them too. Would be so good to play at least 2-3 matches.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 8, 2016, Original Post Date: Feb 4, 2016 ---
    We f:anger:ked up so bad with our LRS Facebook group. I wish more people joined it when we all were playing on lrs everyday liek a mofos. Anyway I asked some people there if they will be up for a game or two this weekend.
    Let's see how many people we could get there: Mex, Terran, Electre. Me, Snum. Maybe Kennieh, Icebullet, Justlike and Uni. It's seems pretty easy to organize it and play a bit.
    Btw, 8x:
    12315.png Knifed? Knifed! If this is going to happen, I need my skill back :D
    Damnn I miss the old good times so much D:
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 8, 2016 ---
    So I just asked some old friends if they could play and this happened:
    1.png 2.png 3.png
    I'd have more screenshots but forgot which button is to make them :X3: @8x I wish you were there tonight! We've had pretty good, fun game, it was even 4vs4 for a few minutes and for most of the time we played 3vs3!
    I was checking this forum (the only place where I can find you and let ya know) to see if you're online but unfortunately, nope (or at least I did not see you).

We're planning to play this weekend, so @8x if you'll be up for 2-3 matches, it will be awesome. I'll PM Terran on Steam and the rest of people already know. I'll give ya the exact date on Friday.

Noburu, 8x and TerranMarine like this.
Mods: BlueLuigi