1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Forum Tweaks

Discussion in 'Forum, wiki and other THD pages' started by Furai, Dec 14, 2014.

Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97
  1. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Hey,

I have figured out that I should create thread available publicly, where I could post all the small changes I've done to the forums. So here it is.

Changes:
    Cheers,
    Furai

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
    AmestriStephen, Noburu and 101i like this.
  2. Furai

I've just updated Social Forums add-on to the newest version. It came out recently.

Noburu and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  3. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Huh. I thought the dev for that had abandoned it. Nice to know that's not the case. :)

4. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I've just given trophies and trophy points a little bit of love, updating them to be more in line with how points are earned/awarded these days:
    • Added a trophy for making at least 500 posts (before it jumped from one for 100 posts to one for 1000 posts!)
    • Increased the points requirements for most trophies by 20 points (the fact that practically everyone was getting a free bonus 20 points from owning the game was throwing the rest of the titles out of wack)
    Will probably need some further tweaking, but thought this would do as a start.

Pizza likes this.
  5. FuzzyBlueBaron

Just a minor tweak (so doesn't really warrant a post in Announcements) but is also a taste of things to come re: overall forum structure. :rekt:

Thanks to the efforts of @Mazey, we now have a streamlined Help! section & FAQ. You'll notice the General Help subforum has been removed and all threads relocated to the parent Help! subforum. Not only does this make for less clutter, but it should, hopefully, help with people noticing+reading the appeal threads (for global and official server bans) as well as the FAQ sticky (which Mazey has brought up to date).

This also preps the Help! section for when the KAG forums finally shift over to the THD forums (which will bring with it some amount of restructuring the layout of the various subforums). No firm eta on that yet, but we'll give you a shout when it's on its way.

6. Furai

This time instead of posting whole new thread I've decided just to post here as the changes I've done today weren't really that significant. Nevertheless, they took quite a lot of time to do.

What was done? Read below:
    • Common section got renamed to THD General
    • 2 new sections were created in aforementioned node
      • Help
      • Discussion
    • Each of this nodes contains forum links to each* game's help and general discussions subforums (* - Storm and Soldat were not taken into account)
    • KAG's help section was moved back into KAG subforum
    • Automatically generated messages when receiving a warning had wrong links to rules - fixed that

7. Furai

I've just applied small change to the forums. I've added new banner for official admins (I'm simply getting lost who is in what group) and made it so all the banners are displayed (if user has more than one). They are displayed in priority order. Enjoy.

Gurin, Vamist, Galen and 1 other person like this.
  8. Furai

I'm sorry but stackable banners had to go. They won't be displayed any more under user's avatar but you can still check who has what banners in user's profile.

EDIT: My bad, you can't.

king-george likes this.
  9. Furai

Ok, stackable user banners are back. I don't care that they kind of wreck the layout of forums and some people have too many - I need to be able to see them. I'll try to tweak them further and remove them on post so they will stay only on profile pages. But that won't happen any time soon as I'm busy lately with too many things.

10. Furai

Ok, after talking with my CSS gurus - older/younger brother I've achieved what I wanted with the banners. By adding:
    Code:
    .userText > .userBanner + .userBanner {
      display: none;
    }
    to forums CSS I've managed to make it so that under posts only the banner with the highest priority is displayed. And on the profile of the user you can still see all the banners if you need to check it.

FuzzyBlueBaron, Achillios and Geti like this.
Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97