1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Pimp My Kickstarter

Discussion in 'Other games' started by BlueLuigi, Oct 11, 2015.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

If you have a kickstarter you want to link to that you think is good, please do so here.

Requirements to post in this thread:
    1)Have at least 100 posts
    2)Link the actual kickstarter/indiegogo/etc link (Linking straight to personal websites/advertising is going to be grey for now, try to avoid it, I'll delete if it's not clearly a funding equivalent to KS/IGG)
    3)Give a brief summary of it, opinions are OK
    4)Meta KS/IGG posts are OK if they are relevant (e.g. kickstarter hacked, alternative website known scammer, etc)

This thread will be touch and go on the rules for a while, I'd like to have it just be people posting the links and no discussion here (make a thread if it's discussion for a specific game). However, if it shows this isn't possible it might devolve into either this first post being a huge list and the thread being a mix of discussion and links, or something else. For now just stick to the above rules.

Here's an example:

FORCED: Eternal Arenas
    [​IMG]

This game is somewhat of a sequel to FORCED. A Gauntlet-esque game with clever puzzles, a few unique classes, lots of brawling, and some clever challenges. The sequel, FORCED: Eternal Arenas is going to be a deckbuilding, roguelike, ARPG. "Diablo meets Hearthstone in a 3D action brawler with deckbuilding - from the creators of FORCED."

Vampire, jimmyzoudcba, Magmus and 3 others like this.
  2. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Lawrence_Shagsworth Joke Slayer Official Server Admin

Indivisible, a joint project by Lab Zero(developer of Skullgirls) and 505 games.

You play as Ajna, who discovers the power of absorbing individuals into her being. A prominent theme in Indivisible is South-east Asia and the mythology that surrounds it. Exploration is strongly encouraged but party-based combat is also featured in this title.
    Here is a trailer of sorts that gives a brief introduction to what the game is about:

BlueLuigi and FoxyLady like this.
  3. Graver

Graver Haxor

oh god please no

bunnie, Magmus, TheAverageMan and 3 others like this.
  4. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Figure I'll add a bit to this thread, here's some crowdfunding games I've found.

I've got some here with no currently running funding campaign, I'll list them as such!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nectargamestudios/project-resurgence

cRPG
    • :yes: Kickstarter Funding (52 hours to go as of this post)
    • :heart:Quite a few of the devs are industry pros with GOOD titles behind them
    • ???Makes some questionable promises

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bulkheadinteractive/battalion-1944-pc-xb1-ps4
    >Video in link<
    WW2 Shooter
    • :yes: Kickstarter Funding (Funded in a few days, still almost a month left!)
    • :heart: Directly states that they will NEVER equate BattleRank with game breaking advantages
    • :heart:Clear funding description
    http://indie.rpgwatch.com/articles/tears-of-avia--a-closer-look-363.html

A tactical RPG with a jRPG flavor.
    • :uhh:Not currently running a funding campaign

http://exile-online.com/
    >NO VIDEO<
    Cyberpunk MMO
    • :uhh:Not currently running a funding campaign

http://www.playwildterra.com/
    Wild Terra

• :uhh: Not currently running a funding campaign
    • :potato: Graphics are something you may or may not like, they're not 'today'
    • :QQ: - Founder Pack
    --- Double Post Merged, May 5, 2016, Original Post Date: May 5, 2016 ---
    Chronicles of Elyria now has a Kickstarter running.

They are also launching a new website soon.

Of note with the Kickstarter, as I like to note things that personally bother me when suggesting games.
    • People who pay $120+ get a 3month headstart, many reasons are given as to why this is 'okay', but I'm personally against it. Supposedly it's to propogate the world and get a more interesting lore start for the normal players. IMHO this is bullshit and it's a headstart that will mean a lot of knowledge, information, and if you're a big group, root settling.
    • People can pay for pretty big starts such as King/Queen, Baron, Merchant (Start with vehicle), etc.
    • That said the game itself will have a very low price point. You pay per life $30, which could last you a few days weeks if you suck, or 16 months if you're good/careful.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 16, 2016 ---
    Figured I'd update this a bit.

Chronicles of Elyria went heavily pay2win with their kickstarter to the point where over $200~ you get a 3month headstart, and you can start with anything up to the level of King basically (with that headstart).

Project Resurgence was successfully backed.

Been trying to find a good`kickstarter katchup` type site but unfortunately it doesn't seem to really be a thing right now.

As for Early Access games Battlerite is pretty popular right now, I've played quite a bit, it's fun and definitely feels better than Bloodline Champions ever did. If I had to make a comparison I'd say BC was like HoN and Battlerite is like LoL, not too simple not too complicated but heavily focused on polish (or will be focusing on as it seems it's going).

Rayne, PeggleFrank, Yagger and 2 others like this.
  5. FoxyLady

FoxyLady Haxor Staff Alumni

Blasphemous.png
    Vanquish bloodthirsty creatures, the devotees of a twisted religion. Hand-crafted pixel art action game by the makers of The Last Door.

Link to Kickstarter- https://www.kickstarter.com/project...d-brutal-2d-non-linear-platform/posts/1905776
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 6, 2017, Original Post Date: Jun 8, 2017 ---
    Arcana Heart 3 Love Max Six Stars!!!!!!!!!
    Kickstarter- https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/99831120/arcana-heart-3-love-max-six-stars-2d-fighting-game/
    3bac237cbce8163659f1d3136c95d4ac_original.jpg
    Arcana Heart is a heartfelt 2D fighting game featuring the cutest of characters and dynamic fighting mechanics. Originally an arcade game in Japan, many sequels and ports were made to various formats including PS2, PS3, XBOX, PSVITA, and Steam, but for the most part, the arcade was where it was at. The Steam release of Arcana Heart 3 LOVE MAX was received with positive responses among its fans across the globe.
    This project will port to PC the newest title, Arcana Heart 3 LOVE MAX SIX STARS!!!!!!!!! Help us bring SIX STARS to your Steam and fans everywhere!

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
Mods: BlueLuigi