1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Devlog Trench Run Trench Run Free Weekend ON NOW! 5-7 FEB!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Snajper202

Snajper202 Builder Stabber

Have to say TrenchRun is cool game:migrant::flex::r_flex:
    for now:smug:25252525

2. jimmyzoudcba

jimmyzoudcba Haxor Tester

lol sad I missed it ;(

3. SirDangalang

SirDangalang Lvl. 128 MissingNo. Donator

So there is actually a limit to how much you can drink at the bar...

ISAYWEHNTOSTOPBARTENDER.jpg
    ohgodsendhelp.jpg

Gentlemen and Ladies, I require more nourishment and wine! 25252525:thumbs_up:

franek123 likes this.
  4. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

fk, need 2 buy game and get THAT drunk
    then play CW with clan which will create
    plz add additional payment wayz, save ze future clan 'n' drunk Barsuk's

SirDangalang and Geti like this.
  5. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

the plan is to make the VIP bar more tolerant to drunks so you can get up to 20 drinks there. Beyond 20 its pretty much an indecipherable mess (even at 20 it's pretty awful). Not 100% on if that's working yet though. We also still need to get the drink decay and persistence working :p

wow this guy just slaying me with is dank yolo internet badassery. Watch out if you meet this guy in a dark alley you might get cut on all his edges :D

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
  6. PussyDestroyer

PussyDestroyer Bison Rider

not only u ;_; I think @Chidori did

Andr01d likes this.
  7. stabborazz

stabborazz Haxor Staff Alumni

So, I played Trench run during the free weekend and I had a blast ! It's alot of fun, it feels like KAG in some ways. The "lol's and funny moments feel similar, but yet it's a very different game. It's going to be a great game when it's complete ! I'll definitely buy it in a few days.
    A few suggestions for the lobby:
    -The lobby is amazing, you can hang out and have some fun playing basketball, but alot of the time while Im' playing basketball some random pleb takes my ball and throws it off screen. Afcourse they refuse to buy you a new ball, resulting in you losing another coin or just quitting basketball. So I had this idea to make it so you're able to chose wich people can interact with your ball. When you buy a basketball you become the owner of it, and you should be able to mark the people on the player menu that can interact with the ball. This would prevent any random plebs from stealing your ball, you can choose to play a game of basketball with friends without other people randomly joining in, and if you feel like doing some skillshots then you can do so without anyone jumping in front of the goal or being in your way. You can always enable everyone to be able to interact with your ball if you wanne keep it that way, it's the players choice.
    - I really like the stuff you can buy with coins, the drunken effect is fun. But I don't really buy alot of beers, I only bought one beer so far. And thats becouse I wanne safe up to buy something big, like the EXTREME crocodile. 100 coins is a good price, but one beer costs 1 coin. That isn't alot, but if you wanne safe your money you just stop buying beers, cigars and other small stuff. Becouse of this you can't enjoy the smaller things while you are saving up money. So I tought it would be cool if you earn 2 coins per match, but the costumes, pets and other costly stuff is double the price. A crocodile would be 200 coins instead of 100, you'd still be earning money as fast as before but now you can also have a drink once in a while becouse you're not losing that much money to it if all consumebles still have the same price. (1 coin per basketball, beer / wine and 3 coins for VIP room stuff).

When I buy the game I'll give more feedback about the gameplay itself.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 10, 2016, Original Post Date: Feb 10, 2016 ---
    You'd better buy the game before me, or I'll destroy your current leader position in most beers consumed >:)

(After I buy the extreme crocodile :D )

Blue_Tiger, jimmyzoudcba and Joiken like this.
  8. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Re: "i'd like to make more money" - if the population grows enough, there will be multiple lobbies that make less/more money (and cost more/less money), with a cut-off on how much money you can earn and stay in each lobby. This means that master players cant farm noobs without dumping a lot of their money, but that you can play higher-risk TR for a faster climb of the ladder (if you're good). We cant do this until we have the population for it though, or there will be noone to play with.

jimmyzoudcba likes this.
  9. fangpier656

fangpier656 Haxor

During my time starting up the game I ran into a big problem, the top half of my screen was black please help me I want to have as much fun as the other person. screen gone.png

10. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

and you can make ties give 1 coin instead of fucking everyone.

jimmyzoudcba and SirDangalang like this.
  11. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

In the launcher, try choosing one of the resolutions with an asterisk (*) as the resolution you're trying to use looks really weird.

12. fangpier656

fangpier656 Haxor

Even if i use the asterisk resolution it still has a half the screen choped off

13. SirDangalang

SirDangalang Lvl. 128 MissingNo. Donator

Oh god, while these scrubs save up for their fancy suits and exotic pets you know what I'm going to be doing :wink::heart:

14. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

fk no, VIPbar is muh

15. stabborazz

stabborazz Haxor Staff Alumni

Next to cigars, being able to buy weed and get blazed would be pretty funny, but that would be promoting "bad" stuff ? The Cigars are cool, but they need an effect of some sort. And you can't get high on cigars.

Bint likes this.
  16. Geti

This is actually totally intentional. Set the resolution to 1136x640 or anything in the same ratio to play without letterboxing - the screen ratio is fixed for TR to avoid pixel stretching and other issues.

The cigars are kinda intentionally a waste of money. We'd rather not have explicit drug use in-game, but I'm sure some will pretend they're chuffing on fat blunts anyway. We might make them sober you up a little in future, though drug interactions are a lot more complicated than that IRL.

When has THD ever taken that option ;) They do give coins in Skirmish, might be possible to add them in Run too. We dont want to encourage laming by idling though (if you timed out 5 times, it'd still be a tie and we'd effectively be rewarding you for wasting time and consuming servers)... Could be possible to only pay for ties if there's >0 points on all teams though.

17. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

Dibujo.PNG

18. fangpier656

fangpier656 Haxor

sorry still no good its still cut in half

19. pvt_tod

pvt_tod Base Burner

UGGHHHHH! SO ANNOYED WITH MYSELF FOR MISSING OUT.....looks like such a great game too.........:QQ::eek:::(::QQ::>:(:::(::QQ: :noburu:

20. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

have you tried setting your resolution manually? (instead of chosing one of the box, writing it)
    -i see you too use illustrator and photoshop ::):