1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Trench Run Trench Run Build 10 – Engineer tweaks, coin changes, more costumes

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MM, Feb 12, 2016.

Tags:
  1. MM

MM THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Hey everyone!
    [​IMG]
    The engie is still no slouch!​
    New build here addressing most of the issues with the Build 9. Engineer balance has been addressed a little, Many bugs have been fixed and some more lobby content has been added.
    • Engineer now has limited bombs (3) so they cant camp forever or afford to spam them.
    • Engineer bot is no longer afraid of everything (still not wonderful though)
    • All bots forage for ammo when out instead of continuing to mash the trigger
    • Added class costumes and femme bounty hunter costume
    • Helpful Billboard added - will contain game news and shows new players which way to go for games.
    • Reworked coins - limit is 200 coins, 2 gained coins per win, prices of permanent items adjusted upwards as a result. This makes consumables (beer, cigars, music) more affordable in the short term.
    • Coins given for ties other than total stalemates in Run. No coins will be paid for all-timeout games but in cases where each team has at least 1 point, both teams will be paid out.
    • Cooler looking fireworks
    • Added warning about costumes/pets replacing existing ones.
    • Strange Crashes and spawning wrong objects in solo after disconnecting from online fixed (at the expense of loading time for now)
    • Player information not held on lobby server between games (avoids cached information making people think they "didn't get paid!")
    • Engineer remote bombs dont reflect bullets any more
    • Fixed weird "stepping forever" noises in lobby (it was the bouncers entertaining themselves)
    • Fixed cant shoot someone crouching from above as sniper
    • [Experimental] Added background to hover messages to make them much more legible. Might be best to remove these from the small in-game ones but keep them on the shopkeeper explanations
    • If trying to pick up someone elses pet it says who the owner is.
    • Score cap in skirmish is 8 (slightly longer games and fewer 1-round matches)
    • Added friendly bot names
    • Fixed missile "grabs" other explosives - now they explode.
    As you can see, there's a fair bit changed, but it's mostly little stuff. We hope you enjoy the variety available from the class skins and the less dominant engineer. Next build the class will likely be renamed, but we've yet to settle on a name. Look forward to seeing you in-game!
    Reminder that you can buy the game here for a mere $8!
    Have Fun!
    Max & Michał

kaizokuroof, makmoud98, 8x and 11 others like this.
  2. Bint

Bint Haxor

Whenever the owner walks past the fern this happens, apparently it was also called George :ehh:
    bushbug.gif

PUNK123 and SirDangalang like this.
  3. Kingdom

Kingdom Haxor

give my coin back :( i only needed 49 coin but now...

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
    JaytleBee likes this.
  4. franek123

franek123 The architect of the royal castle. Donator Tester

Let the coin farming begin.

SirDangalang likes this.
  5. SlayerSean

SlayerSean FYI: it's pronounced "seen"

Does crocodile have frames yet??? ::P:

6. Achillios

Achillios Pilgrim
    1. Gather Oceania

nice, can't wait to have to play a sh*t ton of matches so I can buy a costume :)

7. Croco-Dile

Croco-Dile The Reptilian Donator

Yea I get like 60 frames

Geti, blackjoker77777, Chukka and 5 others like this.
  8. SirDangalang

SirDangalang Lvl. 128 MissingNo. Donator

Unfortunately the drink limit at the VIP bar is likely the same as the regular bar from just trying it out now 78787878 :

Herewego.jpg singletear.jpg ohdearwhereisthefloor.jpg

40 coins should have covered 20 glasses of wine at 2 coins each if the limit was more than the regular bar. Ah well, win some lose some gross motor control :wink:

Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
    FuzzyBlueBaron, Geti and franek123 like this.
  9. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Yep, for the moment it is I'm afraid. Next build for sure ;) Note that it'd be cheaper to test by getting drunk at the normal bar, then going upstairs and seeing if they'd let you drink more.

Haha, no new ones I'm afraid. Will have better anims "soon", theres quite a lot of art still to be done.

SirDangalang likes this.
  10. SirDangalang

SirDangalang Lvl. 128 MissingNo. Donator

You literally just blew my mind with the drinking metagame. Next build the dream is real! :X3:

11. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Got drunkenness sync working today. It currently "ticks down" how drunk you are every 5 minutes. We're looking at adding a coffee stand so you can sober up quickly (for a price!) and at that point we might ramp it up to 30mins or so, which would be 10 hours to recover from 20 drinks worth... Hangovers are not currently implemented ;)

Also drew a new pet parrot, imported the rabbits from madracoon, and added frames for the croc walking - its pretty janky because its such a huge entity, but hopefully those who've splashed out appreciate it once it's coded.

Has anyone been using the class costumes? The next ones planned are the 3-person horse costume parts, which will likely be followed by some animal onesies.

The backgrounds have been removed from any short messages, which includes stuff the pets say (or dont say in the case of the fern), and +1, +health, etc messages.

12. Achillios

Achillios Pilgrim
    1. Gather Oceania

freakin' sweet dude, like duuuuuuude sweet. Dude.

13. Loominati

Loominati Shipwright

I have all these things I want to buy and I'm cash starving hard as all my ducats were lost in a war with the op Big Blue Blob France.

14. franek123

franek123 The architect of the royal castle. Donator Tester

They work fine I think. Although I was sure they were costumes that change the look of classes in game not class costumes in lobby ;-;

15. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

--this applies for run mode mostly--
    Are you planning to develope the game charachers?- as varying their stats a little (i.e: assault "Jack", from beer team, has 20% more machinegun bullets, while "John" from wine team, has +1 grenade instead)
    That could make people consciously chose wich team to pick instead of being just a color thing.. or some another random reason.
    Ive know many games that made that: give each character unique but subtle abilities.
    That could be shown to the user simply adding some bars below the face in the poker card. It will make the game more appealing, strategic, and complex (only if your stat tweaks are balanced)
    If you wont give characters little unique things, i dont see why they must exist, since that would be like naming "Henry" the knight class from KAG.----

On the other hand, im ok that CPU now has names. But it turns somewhat confusing when reading the scoreboard searching for another human player that you dont quite know (always he dont wear a name like "|##lol|||pooop__--##").
    You could add some kind of icon next to their names in the pre-match menu of runmode, and in the scoreboard.

16. Geti

I'm sure a lot of you have seen it, but MM started working on pet toys. We'll see how far we flesh that one out.

[​IMG]

No, we're not going to fiddle with stats. As you've touched on, it'd be more balancing work and we dont want TR to be that kind of game - it's pick up and play fun, and having to weight up stat modifiers is something that makes the game harder to learn, and makes balancing the metagame harder.

We are definitely hoping to have time to add per-character taunts and personality, and have the bots yell out those taunts when appropriate, but there are other priorities at the moment in terms of fleshing out what people can do with their cash.

the idea of marking bots as bots is a good one.

Its too much work to customise the ingame classes in the same way, and doubly hard to keep them readable. If they were bigger than 8x16 "active space" then it'd be a bit simpler, but also more animation work. Maybe in some future game we'll have proper layered customisation, seems like something people hunger for.

Noburu and MadRaccoon like this.
  17. MadRaccoon

MadRaccoon Haxor

Would be cool if dogs could fetch your basketballs.

18. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Nope, it wouldn't. Have you seen ever a dog fetching a basketball? It can't grab it, ball is way too big.

19. MadRaccoon

MadRaccoon Haxor

image.jpg :wink:

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
    Clev, Achillios, Vamist and 8 others like this.
  20. Geti

working on some silly stuff at the moment :)
    [​IMG]

Dogs fetching basketballs would be yet another source of "bastard took my basketball!" I think. Maybe cacti could burst them, for maximum troll pet points.