1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Trench Run Trench Run Build 10 – Engineer tweaks, coin changes, more costumes

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MM, Feb 12, 2016.

Tags:
  1. MadRaccoon

MadRaccoon Haxor

My idea was that only the ball owner's dog would do that. But idk if its even possible or useful enough to code.

2. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

It'd be possible but it'd kinda make the frisbee pointless ;)

3. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Hey, Geti, are you following some research as a guide for the word mangling, or are you just eyeballing it? If the latter, gg; the vowel drift seems pretty spot on. ::D:

Geti likes this.
  4. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

The vowel swaps are just random :) If there's some realistic basis I should be following I'd be happy to have a link, and happier with a simple table ;)

SirDangalang and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  5. Loominati

Loominati Shipwright

I wish I could use my mouse in game. I like clicking and shooting things more then pressing buttons and shooting things. But I will try to adapt.

6. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Ugh, you mean I'd have to actually dig out my text books and look things up? Such effort. :rollseyes:

If I catch a spare moment tomorrow I'll have a hash at extracting some guidelines you could follow (a full table might be stretching it, haha, but we'll see) instead of doing the normal thing (booting up WC3--I've been on a nostalgia bent recently). Otherwise/in the meantime, here's a linky that might prove helpful (or not, depending on how much you enjoy linguistics :^)): http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3512114/

Geti and SirDangalang like this.
  7. SirDangalang

SirDangalang Lvl. 128 MissingNo. Donator

It makes me so happy that seemingly one of the most in depth mechanic in this game is getting hammered :X3:

8. Geti

I've adjusted the frequencies a little as a result of the linguistics paper.

[​IMG]
    Working on the drunk shading today. Still needs some work but I wasn't happy with all the pixel jumping and it being so regular. Also got rid of the extra warping when the camera moves around. Considering increasing the distortion amount while moving.

9. FuzzyBlueBaron

Welp, sorry, never got to that table. Yesterday and today have been full-tilt running around chasing up depreciation stuff so I can get the BAS in on time. Glad the paper was helpful though. :3

How many drinks under are you in that .gif? It looks pleasantly wonky/challenging w/o being unplayable--the unevenness seems better, ascetics-wise.

10. Geti

I think that was 20 drinks, ie the absolute maximum. It's indeed semi-playable, though especially for sniping and arcing shots you're at a fair disadvantage. I might need to mess it up a bit more so it's more silly at the high ranges but it's interesting enough thematically without just blending the screen. Bit of a delicate balance, but there's more to work on than just the boozing as well.

The game might be on steam sooner than you'd think :)

toffie0, Magmus, MadRaccoon and 3 others like this.
  11. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

Needs piñata explosions when you kill people drunk. Also needs to be able to projectile vomit to accelerate you forward like a jet pack. You can record MM gagging on something then play it out so that it becomes robotic and all techno while the the screen keeps on changing colors and you projectile vomit your way to the finish line.

Also not too serious about you actually adding these things in. Also also would it be better to buy the game on steam or preorder it in terms of marketin/profits?

Also I'm back Geti! Nearly a month hiatus or some such. You miss me? I'm gonna start writing that homoerotic story of you, MM, and Arcrave now!

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
  12. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Steam takes 30% = 8$*0.30 = 2.40$ to Steam
    BMT Micro (the thing THD uses to sell TR/KAG) takes 9.5% with a minimum of 1.25$ (8$ * 0.095 = 0.76$, which is less than 1.25$) so 1.25$ to BMT Micro.

tl;dr TrenchRun website. Usually developers get more revenue if you buy from their own website and not a 3rd party store

13. Fellere825

I understand in terms of pure revenue that it looks better to have TR bought from their site but in terms of building up a steam community should I buy it from steam or should I try to add as much to their profits? That's my dilemma I guess.

14. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

When it gets on Steam you will receive a Steam key just like with KAG, I don't think there's any downside to buying it from the main website.

Fellere825 likes this.
  15. Geti

This is not an improvement

And yeah we'll be doing the same thing as with KAG - steam keys for supporters so there's no reason not to buy ahead of time ;) really what we need is more players there, as when the lobby is a ghost town it loses a lot of its fun.

Fellere825 likes this.
  16. Achillios

Achillios Pilgrim
    1. Gather Oceania

hehe, being the first one to buy the cactus, many trolls I shall hand out >:)

17. Geti

Sometimes the kit drops have a mean sense of humour
    [​IMG]

Working on commando slashing today. its still less useful than I'd like, but it now teleports you forward instead of setting your speed, and is guaranteed not to jam you inside a wall. It can also be aimed up and down, based on what directions you're pressing (for those playing on gamepad and not binding "jump" and "up" the same, its bound to up).

This allows more sneaky movement and allows better attacking up and down hills, higher jumps, and some otherwise-impossible dodges (instant changes in position and all that) though it's still very very situational.

I'll work on hitreg for it a little more if I get time.

There's also been work on pets (and more to come)
    [​IMG]

18. FuzzyBlueBaron

Good grief; that sounds painfully delicious. I think... I think I'm crying. Damn this war my terrible internet. :QQ:

19. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

daww look at all those cute animals :D

Geti and SirDangalang like this.
  20. Fellere825

It's not... Not an improvement and with me you'll have no idea if it's an empty promise or not because I'll probably get too lazy or get sidetracked like everything else ha ha.

Will pets have the same basic AI and just differen skins?

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.