1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

One Screen KAG Puzzles

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FunATuns, Feb 28, 2016.

1. FunATuns

FunATuns Builder Carry Donator

KAG Puzzles
    Rules:
    • This is vanilla KAG, build 1714,
    • You may only use, switch too, or re spawn as the classes allowed (specified in each puzzles info spoiler). No exceptions
    • The edge of the screen functions and acts like a border, you may not pass through it in any way
    • The player that has the gold v arrow on him/her shows where you spawn in the puzzle, and which class you spawn as
    • All normal actions activate that would normally activate in the specified gamemode. (ex. in TTH techs will research) (The gamemode will be specified in each puzzles info spoiler)
    • Assume that item stacks always have 1 of that item unless specified in the puzzles info spoiler
    • The goal will always be a crouching migrant
    • Stuff in the puzzles info spoiler will override these rules
    • Please don't spoil things in the section below this
    • Following up the last rule don't scroll down without attempting to solve the puzzles if you don't want them spoiled
    • If you have a puzzle you would like to submit for me to put on this post message me on the forums with the picture.
    • Good luck 25252525

Puzzle #1

[​IMG]
    Classes: Knight,
    Gamemode: TTH
    Notes: No, you cant make it up that ledge by just slash jumping and shield bumping
    Wait for a supply crate to fall then use it too jump up the ledge to reach the migrant

Puzzle #2
    [​IMG]

Classes:Knight, Archer
    Gamemode: TTH
    Notes: Every thing is on the red team except you, the top left tunnel, and the goal migrant, and no you cant dig under the right wall to get to the ballista. Assume that you cant travel through a hall to a tunnel or vice versa.
    You can capture the ballista by standing in the crack on the right wall. Suicide and re spawn at the ballista quickly before the migrants in the hall capture the ballista back. Capture the hall (turns the tunnel into a blue tunnel) then turn into an archer and climb up the left wall and bring the bombs down. Turn into a knight and bomb jump up to the ledge on the left wall. Stab through the wooden doors and go through the tunnel to get to the migrant
    Puzzle #3 (By Paralogia <3)
    [​IMG]
    Story: You, a lone blue archer, have come upon a red outpost. You see that the reds have hidden a treasure chest inside. As a low-ranking member of King Arthur's army, you don't earn much. Throughout your years of serviced, you've saved up 43 gold coins. But surely the chest holds treasures far greater than that. You'd be more than willing to spend all 43 coins to get to the sweet lootz.
    Class: Archer
    Gamemode: CTF (technically sandbox, but it's basically CTF minus flags/tents)
    Notes: You have 43 coins to spend. All blocks and lanterns were built by reds. The goal is to get to the chest.
    1. Climb the tree to get to the archer shop. Buy a set of 2 fire arrows.
    2. Go around to the back, and shoot a fire arrow through the hole, in order to burn the wood block in the bottom-left corner.
    3. Head back to the front, and burn the wood backwall around the tree. This will set the tree on fire, eventually felling it.
    4. Pick up the seed, and plant it, through the corner, in the spot where you burnt the wood block.
    5. The tree will grow, breaking through the stone blocks in the wall. The treasure is yours!
    Thanks for reading 25252525

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  2. PeggleFrank

PeggleFrank Base Burner

Would love more of these. My first immediate thought for puzzle #1 was to slash jump, walljump, and glide back, since it's not known by quite a few people. I was pleasantly surprised that you took that into consideration ahead of time. And now I feel dumb.

EDIT: Nevermind that last paragraph, just re-read the rules. I'll make sure to cook some stuff up the next time I get on KAG.

Magmus likes this.
  3. FunATuns

:D glad to here it, cant wait to here some new puzzles.

daskew87 and Magmus like this.
  4. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

It's a shame that nobody else was able to follow up on this. It's a great idea and I want to see more.

Anyway, I finally had some time to devise a puzzle that satisfies my tastes. It's pretty straightforward without being too easy, and there shouldn't be more than one solution (maybe). Also, it's not in TTH lol. I had some fun making a small backstory too!

kagpuzzle1.1.png

Story: You, a lone blue archer, have come upon a red outpost. You see that the reds have hidden a treasure chest inside. As a low-ranking member of King Arthur's army, you don't earn much. Throughout your years of serviced, you've saved up 43 gold coins. But surely the chest holds treasures far greater than that. You'd be more than willing to spend all 43 coins to get to the sweet lootz.
    Class: Archer
    Gamemode: CTF (technically sandbox, but it's basically CTF minus flags/tents)
    Notes: You have 43 coins to spend. All blocks and lanterns were built by reds. The goal is to get to the chest.
    1. Climb the tree to get to the archer shop. Buy a set of 2 fire arrows.
    2. Go around to the back, and shoot a fire arrow through the hole, in order to burn the wood block in the bottom-left corner.
    3. Head back to the front, and burn the wood backwall around the tree. This will set the tree on fire, eventually felling it.
    4. Pick up the seed, and plant it, through the corner, in the spot where you burnt the wood block.
    5. The tree will grow, breaking through the stone blocks in the wall. The treasure is yours!

EDIT: I changed the puzzle so that it has a 100% success rate. JaytleBee pointed out below that, in the previous iteration, following the same actions could yield different results.

5. JaytleBee

JaytleBee Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. [Server] Sandbox Reborn

afaik the fire will most likely stop before it reaches the end of the chain reaction.

king-george likes this.
  6. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

I've tested it in-game, and
    I'd give it at least a 60% success rate. That's the thing about randomness in code, when you're trying to make a puzzle based on theoretical physics. I guess the poor archer spent his life's savings for nothing!

EDIT: I changed the puzzle entirely, because I'm a perfectionist. Thanks for your feedback!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
    blackjoker77777 likes this.
  7. FunATuns

Thanks @ParaLogia ! :) I added your puzzle to the list

daskew87 likes this.