1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Remove or reduce coins from ballistae kills

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Rainbows, Jan 25, 2016.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Well this might be contraversial but Im gonna punt it out anyways.
    Remove or significantly reduce the amount of money a kill with a ballistae generates.
    A well set up ballistae can be a printing press for the person manning it, enough money to buy two more of each bolt he fires. No other weapon or ammo can be bought that regularly recoups its worth in coins. People should have to pay for their top tier murder weapon refills.
    As I wrote this out I realized that the same objective could be achieved by raising the price of ballistae bolts.

2. I think raising the price would be better. Less teams building dozens of ballistae(stop giving me a red squiggly line, isn't this how it's spelled) and have a shootout instead of using knights.

3. SlayerSean

SlayerSean FYI: it's pronounced "seen"

Raising the price of bolts wouldn't stop people from spamming ballistae, because they can still buy them, get butt tonnes of money with them, and then spam other things instead of spamming more bolts ?? If you decrease the coin gain from kills you reduce the effectiveness of the ballista as a money machine and turn it into a "blow the fk out of the enemy base" machine, as it should be. IMO.

4. SlayerSean

SlayerSean FYI: it's pronounced "seen"

That's literally what I just said.

Stop it from being a money machine so that it is used more as a base destroying machine, as it should be.

EDIT: not meaning to sound rude

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
    icemusher likes this.
  5. Oh sorry, I misunderstood that. My apologies.

6. Sapientia

Sapientia Horde Gibber

I would just leave it as it currently stands.

bru-jaz likes this.
  7. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

Is really that easy to get money from ballista kills? (also, why are you calling them "ballistae"?)
    The most of the times i set a ballista in an advanced position (explosives bolts take double ammount of ammo, so you cant shoot as many as you like), when i go back to base to buy more bolts, the ballista is already taken or destroyed by the other team.
    I think the problem with ballistas isnt a problem with them particularly. The issue is coin farming builders. (I do it myself sometimes :rollseyes:).
    The excessive money you get from building gives you the chance to buy a ballista over and over, and/or ammo.
    So i think devs should address first builder's coin system and see what happens before touching the ballista.

8. _Cuffs_

_Cuffs_ Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

First off yes it's extremely easy to make tons of money from ballistae. Secondly the money made from building is a very important aspect of the game. Being rewarded for building promotes building and makes it available for builders to generate a income in order to support themselves and the team. I don't mind builders building and using that money to purchase ballistae but it gets out of hand when one ballistae leads to an infinite amount of ballistae appearing on the tops of towers. A possible fix could be the ballistae only come with explosive bolts if you purchase them opposed to starting with them when you upgrade to explosive bolts.

9. Hospitalizer

Hospitalizer Shopkeep Stealer

I'd like to see the bomb bolt replaced with a fire bolt that penetrates 3 or 4 blocks that sets wood on fire and people ::P:

10. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

Haha i think we disagree.
    In my opinion, there shouldn't be almost any monetary reward for builders only for building... It would have sense if they bought blocks with coins, but the only things builders get from coins are drills, food and siege (only the first one is class exclusive). This has less sense when you take in account is harder for knights to get coins (requires skill and luck and most important: to interact with the enemy), and archers are, imo, the hardest class to get coins (the fact that you can find way more bad archers than bad knights tell me that class needs more skill to master (?)).
    That makes another point against the builder coin system. They dont even need to be near an enemy to farm coins! You already get resources at the tent, why need also to be rewarded with coins for not necessarily doing anything useful?
    Turning this even more off topic (but with good intentions) i would be in favour if devs reduce all coin systems and make a way to voluntary store the money on the tent, so players with more currency can leave the coins for the players that stay in the base (or that are out of risk) to use.
    If it would be added as an alternate ballista upgrade, it would be awesome :skull: (but i don't think it gonna happen)

11. _Cuffs_

_Cuffs_ Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

They reduced all coins gained from combat and the player base complained so much it got reverted. So I don't think reducing all coin gains is a good idea.

12. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

But it didnt got 100% reverted! (and the reduction was really really big and really affected the gameplay for worse imo) So it kinda was a subtle change when they finnaly fixed it, but it did changed.
    On the other hand, Geti said there would be some tweak in the coin system of the builder (or at least it was planned), but that never happened.
    And don't take me too seriosly when i said that about the tradeable coins or whatever..
    But i still think getting 4 coins for each stone or brige block you built is really cheap. That means with each resupply you can farm 36 coins= 1 waterbomb/bomb/ firearrow. And you get resupply each 10 seconds. That means you got 216 coins each minute, that is almost a ballista and a half. And that means you can get 14 ballistas in 11 minutes of building and rebuilding random shit on base ony using resupply...
    Im exaggerating a little bit, but you get my point.
    Also I better stop talking about this before some mod comes and tell us to stay on topic.
    --------
    in brief, i only want to say that imo ballista spam comes often from builders rather than ballistas itself.

Mods: Rainbows