1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Confused

Discussion in 'Help' started by Malakhaj, Mar 11, 2016.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey
  1. Malakhaj

Malakhaj Horde Gibber

Hello there
    I was bit away from the game for some time now. Yesterday I have installed it and played few games via steam and have few questions cause I do not know what is going on.
    1) On all servers there were around 15 people. It is ot a good time for Kag? something happend? im playing wrong version of the game somehow?
    2) Most servers were empty and few occupied ones had ctf or tdm mode on. What happend to TTH with migrants, zombie fortress and other stuff?
    3) Only siege engines left are balista and cata ? what happend to small kegs, mounted auto xbows etc?
    4) Night/day cycle is off ?
    5) Maybe somehow my steam key didnt work and I am playing classic? are there workshops in classic? can you buy bomb arrows etd in classic CFT? How to recognise gameplay - wise if I am playing classic or premium ?

2. blackjoker77777

blackjoker77777 Haxor Tester
    1. Zen Laboratories

1] maybe you joined in a wrong time, usually most KAGers are studying/working and thus servers are much more populated on some specific times (put in mind timezones as well, Eu time isn't the same as the US one and the same thing applies for the AUS continent )
    2] TTH servers are no longer as-famous-as-they-used to.
    Nowadays they are more stalemate-ish and no, no zombie fortess in the vanilla game (even tho u still can find some modded servers that contain zombies or custum entities/scripts/rules/... )
    3] you can still buy kegs tho (not the same ones from the KAG Alpha but they are crazier and thus funnier to use) u can find mounted bows (TDM ?) but not in CTF.
    4] ehh...yes, but I think sandbox servers and TTH still have the day/night cycle enabled by default. (you can always enable/disable it on your own server if you're willing to do so. )
    5] you're using steam (and your forum name is gold) and thus I can assume you're using the premium version, the release KAG.
    PS: you posted in a wrong section, I think you had to post your questions in the 'Help' section.
    Either way, I hope I answered some of your questions, and it's always nice to see old players coming back So welcome back mate ! :)

3. Malakhaj

Malakhaj Horde Gibber

Thanks for a quick reply, sorry for posting in wrong setion, thou when checking it out it looked like more technicall stuff oriented. Hopefully some kind moderator will move the topic if neccessary.
    Just checked ammount of serwers and players: 53 servers and around 45 players. Asking because i know there were some version issues back in the past that were messign with server browser.
    It is only my impression or servers are a bit smaller now than then? I remember servers with dozens of people max instead of dozen. Ill check it back tonight, should be a good time.

4. blackjoker77777

blackjoker77777 Haxor Tester
    1. Zen Laboratories

Glad I could help.
    Yes, I know what you're talking about, having a mis-updated version of KAG won't enable you to find servers nor join them. Since you're able to see how many players are on and you're able to connect to servers normally, then you're having the right version and you'll manage to play with others.
    The release version of KAG contains a bigger amount of entities, mechanisms and possibilities --which makes it that "unique"-- and that's why server owners tend to make a strict limit to players number, to avoid having any lag, fps drops client-side or performance issues with the server itself.
    (this explains why organized matches are usually 4v4 or 5v5 such as Clan Wars)
    You still can find some servers having a huge number of available slots by the way, but as soon as it gets quite crowded, you will notice players suffering and leaving.
    @Mazey @makmoud98 could any one of you move this thread to an appropriate spot please? Thanks in advance. :)

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey