1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Future Wars

Discussion in 'Modding [KAG]' started by Aphelion, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Aphelion

Aphelion Wunderkind Donator
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Future Wars

↑ Watch ↑

Future Wars is a sci-fi mod, featuring laser guns, four classes, and a loadout system. It's so far been in development for two months. A test server is online each weekend.​

Features

Loadout system
    A loadout is composed of an Exo-Suit (class), a primary weapon, and a sidearm. Each class has two weapons available for free at the start of the match, the rest must be purchased with coins. Purchased items persist for the entire match, even if you leave and decide to rejoin later.

Four classes

The four classes include: Assault, Logistics, Sentinel, and Infitrator. Each of these classes have their own set of weapons and an ability ranging from flight, healing, an energy shield, and invisibility.

Guns
    There are a wide variety of weapons, some with unique mechanics like burst-fire, arc-fire, and increasing rpm. Here's a list of all the guns that are currently available, you can guess what they do:
    Assault and Logistics

- Gauss Rifle
    - Gauss Carbine
    - Pulse Rifle
    - Combat Rifle
    - Battle Rifle
    - Arc Laser

Sentinel

- Light Machine Gun
    - Missile Launcher
    - Gatling Laser
    - Scatter Cannon

Infilrator

- Sniper Rifle
    - Submachine Gun (Type-2)
    - Scout Rifle
    - Scrambler Rifle
    - Plasma Cannon
    All
    - Submachine Gun (Type-1)
    - Scatter Rifle
    - Plasma Mortar
    - Swarm Launcher

Sidearm
    - Ion Pistol
    - Scrambler Pistol
    - Bolt Pistol
    - Scatter Pistol

Stat tracking
    Your kills and deaths are saved to your profile. You can view your stats at any time by typing /stats in chat.

Planned Content

- Futuristic vehicles, including aircraft, turrets, tanks, and mechs
    - New buildings: Medbay, Armory, Hangar, Factory
    - Additional weapons: Plasma Thrower, and Beam Laser
    - Three environmental themes: Asteroid, Moon, and Forest
    - Node capture gamemode
    ---

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
    GreyHCK, Gurin, MadRaccoon and 2 others like this.
  2. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Suggestion - OBS over bandicam for recording ;) nice to see more adventurous mods. You'll give the soldat guys a run for their money at this rate, haha.

Aphelion, CowboyDan and Potatobird like this.
  3. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Argh, I knew there was someone invisible around our little tower around the 1 minute mark.... I just didn't expect you to be so patient :QQ:

I'm really looking forward to seeing more, it's already a lot of fun!

But one thing I will mention is that the standard ol' kag building seems a little out of place. You've made a cool futuristic firefighting combat environment and there seems to be a normal (albeit fancy-looking) medieval builder plunked in there. Do you think you'll make some sort of changes about that? It seems like the kind of thing that would be really damn hard to deal with but it might be worth it to address.

TBA_LordKnight likes this.
  4. MadRaccoon

MadRaccoon Haxor

No need to worry about that. :wink:

5. Aphelion

1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Test server online.

6. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Eh, I would love to test it, but Im banned on it, tho I never ever visited it. (Not banned on Aphelions RP o_O)

7. boagboy

boagboy Drill Rusher

just read the planned features list and it looks great!!! big fan of mechs and looking forward to seeing this mod grow!

8. GreyHCK

GreyHCK Shark Slayer

Awesome work with this mod, really the best one around, totally genius... is the server hosted in us?

9. Aphelion

1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Future Wars has progressed considerably in the past three weeks, here are some recent additions and changes! (You can view complete changelogs on the social forum)

Logistics merged with the Worker

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sentinel has an actual Shield

[​IMG]

Cumulative stats are displayed on the Scoreboard

[​IMG]

Missiles

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

New tile sprites, by @MadRaccoon

[​IMG]

New item sprites, by @kaggit

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That's all for now, vehicles are coming soon!

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  10. MadRaccoon

MadRaccoon Haxor

The tiles still need some tweaks..

11. kaggit

kaggit Bison Rider

GUI, vehicle and shop sprites are nearly finished. Hopefuly by the end of this week.

12. Loominati

Loominati Shipwright

This looks like something fun.

13. L3fty

L3fty Bison Rider Staff Alumni

I finally got to play this yesterday and enjoyed it VERY much :thumbs_up:. I hope it blossoms. Being able to play a builder and warrior in one class is awesome. @Aphelion, I wanted to play it all day but the game was frequently crashing :QQ:, sometimes 3 times in a row within minutes. Could be sol reason why server was getting emptied? Looking forward to playing it again.:heart: