1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Musician's Pub

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by 3p1cL0bster, Sep 27, 2015.

Tags:
Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. The_Owl_King

The_Owl_King Arsonist Official Server Admin

Comedy Gold.

icemusher likes this.
  2. ieatpieandlikepie

ieatpieandlikepie Drill Rusher

piano and i also know how to play human instrument
    if you push the arm the way its not supposed to go, it makes different noises, and if you do it right it becomes a song

Warning: You can get arrested for playing htis

3. Thanks man! <3

Well, since I'll be moving to Greece for a year in January I quit the band but I'll be definitely starting something there so I guess I'll give you feedback on that!

4. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

I've been playing violin for fun since was 5. I know a lil piano from watching my brother play. I also know ukeleyle or however u spell it. Got one from a friend for my birthday... pre cool

3p1cL0bster likes this.
  5. ...Still hasn't got any proof for any of this, since she won't play.

6. tristesse

tristesse Base Burner

Dang, Greece? Sounds exciting. What are you doing there, if you dont mind? And ah okay cool!

Who's the piano player? And ah ukulele makes everything sound so cute-I love it! I have a uke as well. My brother got it for me :)) It's yellow and the bridge is a shark. It's super cute!

7. Yep, really excited! Well I'll be promoting cultural events and managing a radio station and such for a year as part of an EVS(European Voluntary Service) thingy by erasmus ::D:
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 28, 2016, Original Post Date: Dec 18, 2015 ---
    Hey guys, I got some cool stuff for ya! Check this thread out.

Warning: includes music and kag stuff ::D:
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 17, 2016 ---
    Want more music stuff by your boy joiken? Check out my soundcloud ::D:

toffie0, butterscotch and tristesse like this.
  8. tristesse

tristesse Base Burner

Thank you for sharing, Joiken!

9. CowboyDan

CowboyDan Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

Last edited: May 30, 2016
    Osmal and tristesse like this.
  10. Dude this is really cool! Love the kind of vintage vibe you have! Keep it up ::D:

CowboyDan likes this.
  11. Psiklaw

Psiklaw Bison Rider

tristesse, Joiken and Cobramuziek86 like this.
  12. tristesse

tristesse Base Burner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvolBFmbhf8 accurate though

also this is a scavenger hunt that i thought was funny and true
    -one (1) sketchy person asking everyone for high-fives and faking them out at the last second
    -five (5) people wearing their converse with concert formals
    -one (1) circle of people playing hacky sack badly
    - three (3) people wearing shirts with band or choir specific jokes on the front
    -one (1) group or pair of people switching instruments and attempting to teach each other to play them
    -two (2) ensembles practicing frantically with panic in their eyes as they fall apart for the fifth time
    -one (1) group of snare drummers playing loudly in the most inconvenient area possible
    -three (3) phones lying plugged in without an owner anywhere in sight
    -one (1) piccolo player attempting to play the high part of their solo un obnoxiously and failing
    -four (4) overachievers who brought more than one instrument
    -one (1) freshman who is way too hyped up for this
    -three (3) people just trying to get some sleep
    -two (2) judges who look dead behind the eyes

13. haiduk

haiduk Ballista Bolt Thrower

Greetings!

Blackened death metal necromancer HAIDUK returns with a crushing new release!
    “DEMONICON”!
    Inspired by fantasy books & games. CD booklet features a map and short stories relating to demons from the volcanic fortress of Octavia in the realm of Callost. Check out and comment!

metal crypt [4/5]
    metal-rules [4/5]
    brutalism [5/5]
    canadian beats [5/5]
    bravewords [8/10]
    blackened death [8/10]
    metal trenches [9/10]
    pest webzine [8.5/10]

Album Available At:
    http://www.haiduk.ca

Psiklaw likes this.
  14. Cool stuff but not cool creating an account just to promote your stuff... There are specific websites for that :wink:.

15. CowboyDan

tristesse, Psiklaw and BucketEmpty like this.
  16. BucketEmpty

BucketEmpty Horde Gibber

CowboyDan, Psiklaw and Joiken like this.
  17. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

18. Psiklaw

Psiklaw Bison Rider

i also make music soundcloud.com/deepglpgs
    i use a daw called bitwig, similar to a better known one called ableton live
    i use a midi keyboard controller (usb piano)
    these guys I think they use an MPC controller (hardware) which is the way to go, just a bit expensive but you can buy it second hand.
    dont know about their daws though

i relly encourage you to try bitwig, you can download it for free without export feature as a demo version from their official site (and u can find it in other places too, full and free, if you dont have the money)

BucketEmpty and ParaLogia like this.
  19. CowboyDan

I use an MPC1000 and a various keyboards as well as a record player to sample from. All stand alone stuff so i don't touch a computer at all until I want to upload to soundcloud or if I sample a bass noise from somewhere or something. I've played piano my whole life so I wanted to go the physical and less computer route. But really, you can do all that and more with a computer.
    this is a dream setup for me

20. BucketEmpty

BucketEmpty Horde Gibber

For the songs I've put out so far, I've used Renoise - It's a bit different from the traditional DAWs but it's a tracker that is loaded. You can just download the demo (It includes everything except rendering clip). You won't hear about this DAW unless someone else tells you lol, small community.

At the moment, I'm giving Ableton a try, I'm seeing a lot of cool features and different ways of doing similar things. Really exciting, I'll post back when I release something with it :wink:

And Dan that is friggin sweet, I'm the opposite, started on computer and now slowly learning some piano! Learning piano is helping me in my productions, so far anyway.

ParaLogia, PUNK123 and Psiklaw like this.
Mods: BlueLuigi