1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Destroying a shop the enemy is about to capture is not griefing.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sector1, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Sector1

Sector1 Shark Slayer

I've been kicked a few times for destroying a shop that an enemy is about to over run. If the shop is close to the flag and the enemy can change their class to capture the flag or buy something that would be devastating to the base, then destroying that shop is not griefing.

Mazey likes this.
  2. an_obamanation

an_obamanation The boss Donator

Because instead of wasting time on destroying it people feel like you should cover the shops up again, instead of just breaking them. Get some knights to drive the enemy back off and then repair the things. This is due to the fact that shops take more resources to rebuild than to just cover back up. At the end of the day this is a people thing and everyone in the kag community plays differently and expects different things ESPECIALLY in pub matches. Now, if the shop is redundant like let's say there's two knight shops and one is getting overrun while the other isn't, then this is a valid complaint about KAG society. But if it's the only shop that's built so far then you should really try to keep it alive.

Reudh, _Cuffs_ and Magmus like this.
  3. _Cuffs_

_Cuffs_ Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

While I agree with the fact that it is better to cover up the shop and conserve resources it doesn't disprove the fact that he is being unfairly kicked for potentially saving the day. It really depends on the circumstances. If you are going to lose a shop then it might be better to destroy then try to fend off 3 knights and a builder.

Magmus, an_obamanation and Vamist like this.
  4. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

I had some retard break our tunnel to mid (the one in base) because it was "unsafe". Obviously, the moment he did this, we couldn't defend the front tunnel I had built, and lost all our territory and eventually lost the game.
    Like you, he refused to accept that he had done something wrong, and like you, he'll probably do it again.

L3fty, PUNK123 and Psiklaw like this.
  5. _Cuffs_

_Cuffs_ Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

That would be a legitimate mistake, not really ban/kick worthy imo. His intention was to help the team, not malicious.

Magmus likes this.
  6. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Mfw, if u see something unsafe, do it safe, don't ruin everything without repairing and shout in chat *u all sux this is wrong shit built*

7. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

These are the opinions of people who never play the builder class. One builder cannot hold off a builder and a knight especially if you are defending a shop. A big reason why a builder would break a workshop would be so they could spam defenses over the front doors and shops are VERY easy to replace. a simple tree farm that should be built before everygame makes what the op did manageable. In a pub a builder cannot always count on knights anyway(because no one is perfect and pubs are filled with baddies). People like you need to differentiate stupid builders and smart ones.
    In the situation the op mentions things are being over ran. If you really have no shot at defending something then slash and burn is a viable alternative.

_Cuffs_ likes this.
  8. an_obamanation

I'm not saying that it was right to votekick him i'm just saying that this is probably what the people are thinking when they do so and that there's not much that can be done about it unless he got evidence of the false votekicking through video and made a report or something =<

9. L3fty

L3fty Bison Rider Staff Alumni

We'll then here opinion from someone who does. Without going into every circumstance, in general. Do not brake a shop unless you really really really really have to. Do not do opponents job for them. Replacing a shop can be circumstantially easy or very hard. Seeing one destroyed needlessly is a bitch. There are too many knuckleheads who think they know how to play the game. Last night I had someone destroy a teleporter as soon as I build it right next to existing one in middle , saying its a waste. Having two means more effort for opponent to having to take them both down, gg to wasting 200 wood and 100 stone. I also don't want to see shitters using this as an excuse to troll.

EhRa likes this.
  10. an_obamanation

I play builder a lot more now actually. I mean, this depends on the situation really. If the shop is right next to the enemy base then okay, destroy it I guess, unless it's not getting overrun. If it's however back near your spawning area or in the middle then it could be better to just hold it. Again, depends on the situation.

11. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

Big difference between a teleporter and say a buildershop. If i am scumbagging around at mid and am about to lose to the enemy's push 9/10 times im breaking the shot so i dont give the enemy easy access to supplies. And if im about to get ratted out of an area by the flagroom because the enemy is overunning it, then i would also break the knightshop so they couldnt buy any kegs. Ofc only if the knightshop is in their path to the flag tho.

12. L3fty

L3fty Bison Rider Staff Alumni

Your first course of action should be securing to see how long you can hold off until reinforcements come in, how many time have you seen that happen when you go "that makes sense why he did that, there is no chance anything would come out alive from that steamroll" what noobs do however just stand there, see enemy coming, go into tunnel vision panic, and dont even notice reinforcement few feet away, while the team knights are going "wtf did u just break that for we could have handle that one guy or that situation".

EhRa and PUNK123 like this.