1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Windows Trench Run Controller Won't Work

Discussion in 'Help' started by austinthus, Apr 24, 2016.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey
  1. austinthus

austinthus Horde Gibber

Hi, I recently purchased Trench Run, and I invited some friends over for TR shenanigans. I tried hooking up my Microsoft wireless receiver with the controllers, and the connection was secure and my controllers worked on other games. As soon as I tried to do anything in Trench Run, however, it was as if no input was being given. I tried setting the keys on all players to gamepad defaults, and also setting the keys to my controller, but nothing worked. Currently, my keyboard works for menu related actions, (escape and enter, mostly) but not for gameplay. Am I doing something terribly wrong?

2. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Hey,

Did you plug in the controllers before starting the game?

3. austinthus

austinthus Horde Gibber

Yes, I did. Attempting to plug them in after startup now. EDIT: Nothing changed. Still acts like there's no input.

4. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Can you try (first zipping up, then) deleting your cache/ folder inside your trench run installation, and see if that helps?
    If it does, can you upload the zipped cache folder?

5. austinthus

austinthus Horde Gibber

Sorry about the delay. I tried doing as you said (zipping up cache, moving that to desktop, then deleting the unzipped cache). I've had no change in response to my hitting any buttons. Again, I'm using a Microsoft Xbox 360 controller and receiver. If you still want the zipped cache, I can send it. Otherwise, I'm all out of ideas.

6. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Yep, upload them here on your post.

7. austinthus

austinthus Horde Gibber

Here's my cache:

Attached Files:

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey