1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Other ServerTool 2015-01-24

An easy simple tool to help new and even old players hosting their own dedicated servers.

1. blackjoker77777

blackjoker77777 Haxor Tester
    1. Zen Laboratories

blackjoker77777 submitted a new resource:

ServerTool - An easy simple tool to help new and even old players hosting their own dedicated servers.

Read more about this resource...

2. super_gaming_geek

super_gaming_geek Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

Okay here is a "little trick" for using the servertool for editor in singleplayer:
    1. download the server tool.
    2. download the editor. place the editor in the mods folder and the server tool in the main KAG directory (Be sure to unzip it first)
    3. run the server tool.
    4. go to the mod selection section and choose editor (Or whatever the editor file is called)
    5. select any other preferences you'd like in the server settings section.
    6. press "save the settings"
    7. go to single player and select a game mode.
    If you followed these steps correctly you will be able to use the editor in single player.
    Also if your computer is linux you will need wine or a similar program to run the servertool.

I hope this tutorial helped you. :thumbs_up: :B): :thumbs_up:
    Now have a nice day. ::):

blackjoker77777 likes this.
  3. Andrex208

Andrex208 Horde Gibber

I can't play whit my friends (LAN)
    This not working... ::(:
    Error: Check the address again and make sure the server is running (sorry for bad english) :X3:

4. blackjoker77777

1. Zen Laboratories

first, glad you tried my program ::):.
    Second, the error you're getting doesn't mean that "it's not working" but it just means that you did something wrong (which I already know it :rollseyes:)
    anyway here is a full guide on how to host a server (a LAN one) and how to join it (which is what you didn't do correctly):
    I-Configure the server:
    1)Open "ServerTool"
    2)configure your server:

Those red things are the buttons you should press in case if you are a beginner (Don't let any fields empty!)
    Then Press "Save the Settings" button to save the new settings
    upload_2015-2-22_20-23-19.png
    3)Press "Start the Server (Windows)" button:
    upload_2015-2-22_20-26-17.png
    then your server will start
    upload_2015-2-22_20-27-37.png
    II-Join the Server:
    1)open CMD (if you are using windows7 just search on the net how to open CMD because I use win8 :p )
    upload_2015-2-22_20-29-31.png
    2)write in it "
    ipconfig" and press Enter:
    upload_2015-2-22_20-31-21.png
    see that IPv4 Address ?(the red marked one) it's the address you and your friends will use to join your server. (joining using the server browser will get you the "
    Check the address again and make sure the server is running" error)
    3)open Kag
    4)go to "Multiplayer"
    5)press "connect to..."
    6) write the address you got previously and add the port which is "
    50301"
    in my situation the address is
    192.168.1.5:50301 (the red is the address and the green is the port <remember the ":" between them>) and like that you and your friends will be able to join your LAN server ::):.
    Hope this helps ,have a nice day ::):
    PS: if you need any further help just PM me :wink:

Andrex208 likes this.
  5. blackjoker77777

1. Zen Laboratories

blackjoker77777 updated ServerTool with a new update entry:

easier way to join the server added

Read the rest of this update entry...

6. darkmetaknight

darkmetaknight Catapult Fodder

So the server runs fine and I can join, thanks so much! This makes servers so much easier to manage! ::):

But I have this issue:
    The [Save the Settings] button won't work, it says it saved the settings but when I open it again the settings are gone, what is going on?

Edit:
    It also is always locked in CTF mode, even though I set it to TDM, it's like it's completely ignoring the settings I put in...

Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
  7. blackjoker77777

1. Zen Laboratories

the settings are being saved in the "autoconfig.cfg" file not into the program (at least not at the current time).
    Not sure why you can't change the gamemode, but I will have a look on it later.
    At the moment, you can change the gamemode manually inside the "autoconfig.cfg" file.Just search for the line in which is written "sv_gamemode ="
    it should be like this:
    sv_gamemode = CTF #for Capture The Flag
    sv_gamemode = TTH #for Take The Hall
    sv_gamemode= TDM #for Team Death Match
    I do appreciate your feedback, so thank you bro. I will try to solve the issue as soon as possible ::):
    Also welcome to KAG and Forums :wink:

8. darkmetaknight

Thanks for the quick answer. ::):
    Thing is though the mods don't seem to work either for some odd reason...I dunno why because it's set up in the mods config file and the launcher. (Trying TDM[BL] mod which adds Builders to TDM.)
    I have ServerTool.exe in the KAG folder, as it couldn't find directories when I kept it in the ServerTool folder.
    It's as if the launcher launching the server works, but the settings/mods don't. :huh?:

9. blackjoker77777

1. Zen Laboratories

wait a sec... you put the ServerTool in another folder?
    you should put it inside your KAG folder
    upload_2015-6-19_21-0-56.png
    and you have to put the mods you downloaded in the "Mods" folder
    upload_2015-6-19_21-2-41.png
    if you do that in the right way, everything should be working with no issues ::):

10. darkmetaknight

I mean that when I extracted it is was in a ServerTool folder.
    I put the .exe in the folder the screenshot shows.

The mods are in the right place too. (Well I found out I had to take out the mods in the modpack.)

I dunno why, but when I extract things they're in the folder that the .zip was called so I have to take the files that are in the .zip out, if that makes sense.

11. blackjoker77777

1. Zen Laboratories

do "extract here" instead of "extract to XXX\"
    upload_2015-6-19_21-24-26.png

12. darkmetaknight

Thanks. ::):

13. damian204

damian204 Chopping trees, Making forts, Stealing flags.

im using wine and when i hit start linux it just crashes server.tool is there something im doings wrong?

i have filled in all the boxes and only have 2 mods installed

14. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

You have all the tools you need to run a server on a Linux machine, why you would use a tool designed for windows when you've got all the tools is beyond me.
    Assuming you've added your ports then follow the following steps and your server will run:

(this is for debian/ubuntu)
    assuming you know how to do the following:
    - open terminal
    - know you admin/root password
    - Can copy/paste

1) Check that you have the correct architectures on your Linux machine:
    Code:
    sudo dpkg --print-foreign-architectures

If i386 is not present:
    Code:
    sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386

Update your packages:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update

Install the libs that KAG needs to run:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install libc6:i386 libstdc++6:i386 libglapi-mesa:i386 libgl1-mesa-glx:i386 libxxf86vm1:i386 libxext6:i386 libx11-6:i386 libfreetype6:i386 libgcc1-dbg:i386 libxdamage1:i386 libxfixes3:i386 libx11-xcb1:i386 libxcb-glx0:i386 libxcb-dri2-0:i386 libxcb1:i386  libdrm2:i386 libxdmcp6:i386

(Optional) - I don't think you need to make your executeable, executeable, but just in case:
    Code:
    chmod +x KAGDedi

Launch your KAG server
    Code:
    ./KAGDedi

Press control and C to send the termination signal and stop the server.
    Now edit your KAG/autoconfig.cfg - to change the name, descrition, server gametype, port etc.
    Start the server again and enjoy your game mode.

The full server wiki is found here: https://wiki.kag2d.com/wiki/Server

Let me reiterate. If you continue to have problems with the unsupported linux function then make a help thread in the relevant section: https://forum.thd.vg/forums/help.81/

EDIT: OP/MOD Author, just msg me or drop me a msg for me to clean this thread up and I'll do so <3

blackjoker77777 likes this.
  15. blackjoker77777

1. Zen Laboratories

I'm sorry for not being able to make it to answer some of the recent questions, I really do appreciate your help Kai (you'd always remain one of the best mods ever!). ;)
    Sadly school and Real Life had been draining me and reducing my free time in the last few days, weeks (or was it months? I frankly lost track of time a while ago..), I was forced to stop working on improving this tool a long time ago since I'm trying to focus a bit on my studies, what's for sure is that I'm -hopefully- going to rework it to make it much more user-friendly and easy-to-use as an attempt to help players hosting their own dedicated servers -in order to reduce the pressure on official servers and get rid of the "let's take over the <insert a server name> server" phenomenon- when I'm finally school-free (AKA this summer) besides, that could be a good way to contribute to this lovely community.
    What I'm trying to say, is that I know the development is slow, if not seemingly dead, but providing me with your feedbacks is always appreciated to give me a clear idea on what to do next, when I'm able to do it. Just bear in mind that if I'm unable to answer you, it's basically due to my ~uncontrollable~ inactivity caused by RL events.
    This Link seemed to always help me giving people an idea on how port-forwarding could be done (basically). At the end, each model has got it's own characteristics, settings, panels and a unique way to interact with, it's up to you to find out how to deal with your router (what could be more amusing than discovering the potentials of something you've always owned but never managed to know all of it's settings?).
    Besides, I believe Kai cleared it up in a greatly smooth way over here.
    Please try out what Kaizokuroof mentioned, hopefully that could help. :)
    I would love if you could do me that favor, Thanks in advance Kai! :D

16. fuyukikun

fuyukikun Bison Rider