1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[1830] Tunnel launching

Discussion in 'Archive' started by an_obamanation, May 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. an_obamanation

an_obamanation The boss Donator

Category: KAG Client

Operating System: Windows xp professional 32 bit

Description: If a tunnel is built in the sky with one platform as it's base and 3 as it's ceiling, you can grapple onto it and travel, this will launch you at insane speeds depending on how you do it, and can be abused by archers to speed by a whole map to the other team's base. As you can see in the screenshots it is already being abused by people, I just found it being used repeatedly by a player named Novaq however I don't know if this constitutes a griefing report, I have tons of screenshots of this player abusing it if that would count. Admins please let me know!

Steps to reproduce:

Build a tunnel on the ground with nothing blocking it
    2. Build a tunnel high into the sky with one platform as it's base and 3 platforms as it's roof.
    3. Go archer and climb up the tunnel tower you just created (The one with the platforms)
    4. Grapple onto the top platform and travel through, you should launch towards the platform at incredible speed.

Screenshots:

Again, I can easily see this glitch being abused and it's being used by players now. I don't know if my screenshots can be used for a grief report as well, as the player is using the glitch to their advantage, but that's up to admins to decide. Thank you for reading :D

Noburu likes this.
  2. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

I don't really have any authority or anything but I can tell you that this is really old. It's been there since tunnels and grapples were added to the game.

I'm not sure if it's an oversight or intentional, though.

PUNK123 likes this.
  3. an_obamanation

Most likely an oversight which is why I posted it to the bug reports forum, as I haven't seen reports in it from the digging I did. I see no reason for it being intentional, and the way it's performed looks very glitchy and odd.

Magmus likes this.
  4. Kazaco97

Kazaco97 Bison Rider Global Moderator Forum Moderator

There was an older thread but I moved it to the archive due to this thread. I personally haven't seen it abused lately due to the present gold requirement of tunnels. Most of the time it's just easier to buy a catapult than to build any type of launcher.

Most likely it is an oversight like Gofio said. Tramp cannons used to serve the same purpose but were removed.

Magmus and an_obamanation like this.
  5. an_obamanation

The gold cost makes the things situational but I feel like if you were to set it up in a certain way and master it, you could launch yourself MUCH farther than from a catapult. In fact i've seen the player who used it go slightly farther than catapult length with a few of his jumps. Also the reason it's not abused I feel is that because people don't know about this thing's existence yet, but people are starting to find out. So this could be bad news bears.

Magmus likes this.
  6. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

Slightly farther? Chickens. Just saying.

an_obamanation likes this.
  7. an_obamanation

Implying that chickens can't also be used with this glitch as well.

8. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

I meant that if you tunnel-launch, then grab a chicken as you are launched (store them in platforms between the tunnels), you essentially create King Arthur's Space Program.

much is an understatement

Magmus and an_obamanation like this.
  9. an_obamanation

Apparently the person I foudn out the bug from posted a kag video with the glitch in it, and it actually shows how he gained a huge advantage from using it. https://youtu.be/8BTap75qftc?t=119 Right there. Good thing I got it noticed enough to be patched lol.

~Kazaco- Locked and Archived.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.