1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Other help

Discussion in 'Modding [KAG]' started by BearKnight, May 22, 2016.

1. BearKnight

BearKnight Shark Slayer
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

so i just started fiddling around with modding some heads, all seems to be well, but i cant seem to figure out how to stop a white surround appear behind the heads in my mod's files.
    i assumed it wouldn't be a problem since the background was white any-who, so any ideas?

also, would it be possible for me to make the characters smaller?

2. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Going to answer for the white box surrounding the heads...

The white box usually means it has be identified as white, not blank / invisible. If that makes sense. What program are you using? Usually programs will identify the invisible blocks that are rubbed out, howver some turn it into white. I use Paint.net as Paint turns it into white.

The way to tell if it is invisible is the pixels / what you wish to call them while be aa mixture of grey and white blocks next to eachother in a checkord format.

To get rid of this, you can easily rub it out, if the program you use is able to do that without making it white. Another technique is using the and tool (not sure if its in any other programs rather then paint.net) and pressing delete. Be careful that it doesnt get rid of any of the heads though.

If you wish, you could possibly post the head file here and I can do it for you.

As for making the characters smaller, I dont see why not as long as you stick within the border.

makmoud98 and BearKnight like this.
  3. BearKnight

BearKnight Shark Slayer
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

thanks, i'll have a go at it myself.

4. an_obamanation

an_obamanation The boss Donator

I spent an hour helping somebody out with this, if you use microsoft paint to edit your heads let's just say, you're gonna have a bad time.

There's a program called "GIMP" that I use which makes the heads come out perfectly fine, even when you break outside the normal size of the vanilla head you're editing. I'd highly recommend using gimp.

It's a background issue, since paint makes the background pure white, your heads come out with pure white backgrounds. I'll do some screwing around with paint real quick to see what color counts as the "invisible" color, (i'm assuming black/grey)

BearKnight likes this.
  5. BearKnight

BearKnight Shark Slayer
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

actually now that i think about it i might as well do up all the heads before i clean up the back-ground. the theme is going to be animals, and i made the head a brown bear for the male and a panda for the female set.
    open to suggestions on what other animals i should include

6. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

I honestly think it is easier to do it first, then you don't have to do it later with trying to avoid 20 heads or so.

Polar bear sounds good ATM... Tho maybe a frog?

BearKnight likes this.
  7. BearKnight

BearKnight Shark Slayer
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

i'll have a go at it. this is the first time i've modded anything since i played around with soldat though so don't expect me to work wonders. i'm about to test it out by running the local hosting thingo, i'll show you a screenshot after that
    --- Double Post Merged, May 22, 2016, Original Post Date: May 22, 2016 ---
    added a couple of demonstrative screenshots together to make these:
    also reminds me of how i need to make the eyes not disappear and give the male idle face a forward facing direction.

anywho, here you go:
    Bear (male) jpg.jpg Bear (female) jpg.jpg
    Bear (female) jpg.jpg

as you can see the muzzle stands out more now

Last edited: May 22, 2016