1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Brutality Isle (idea for mod)

Discussion in 'Modding [KAG]' started by daskew87, May 28, 2016.

1. daskew87

daskew87 Legendary corpse humper Donator

Brutality Isle.png

It's brutal. It's tense. It's a hunger survival done right.

Basics
    To win they need to survive 15 days. Each day is 10 minutes. Long, intense, involved game. All players on same team.
    The map is quite big. There are 5/6 islands surrounded by water. Use of boats is extremely vital as to not die to sea creatures and seagulls.
    Players are all on the same team. They all have 10 hearts. They lose half a heart every minute.
    If a player dies they are gone and do not respawn. They can control hostile creatures when they have lost. New players joining after game start also get to control creatures.

Health :heart:
    They can farm grain, eggs, buy burgers from coins from killing things. Fish respawn in the water. Other food resources could be modded. Sharks are there also but cannot be eaten.
    Nothing grows unless light is touching it. Bison can be eaten, however clearly dangerous.

Night
    Nightfall is very dark. Lanterns cost a lot of wood. Players wont afford many.
    Sometimes a few zombies head to their camp. Zombie corpses cannot be destroyed. They will live again. Throw them into the void before it's too late. Team doesnt want them piling up.

Storms :bomb:
    Storms come, such as hailstorm, which damages their base and lasts for 1 minute. Heading underground is adviseable as hail hurts the players.
    Rainstorm (water bombs) can be deadly, being stunned by a water bomb at the wrong moment whilst dealing with a creature. Not good. But perhaps you need the food, need to take the risk.
    Gravity storm!? That's right, a storm where the gravity is 50% stronger. Not very helpful.

Attackers :bow:
    An "INVADER!" comes to their camp every 5 days. Controlled by a player who has died. He can kill people and destroy their farms and resources. Once the day is over, he's gone. He makes the choice of which class to attack as.

In-fighting?
    Got a problem with one of your team. Make a Duel building. Both players step inside and come out able to attack each other. Settle the problem with a dead team mate. Step back inside and come out with your teams colours again.

Additional aspects :up:
    Thorny plants that hurt players.
    Players lose health faster when underground.
    Birds in the sky that can be shot and food eaten. The occassional dangerous bird in the sky that dives and attacks players.
    Great resources deep underwater can be found. However dangerous octopuses lurk there. Diving helmets can be bought for much stone, but only extend time underwater by 500%, not permenant. In water you lose hearts twice as fast however, bring grain.

.....Oh and btw, do make sure to eat your team mate's corpse, as this is a great source of health.

If you are a modder and can help me make this then contact me!

Payments can be made to you via paypal!

::):

Last edited: May 28, 2016
  2. joshua12131415

joshua12131415 Bison Rider Tester

Good idea but i think payments are unnecessary... If i knew how to mod i would do it for free :QQ:

jimmyzoudcba, Magmus and daskew87 like this.
  3. daskew87

Need emergency meat? Vote off one of your team mates to change his colours. Hunt him down. Good meat yield.

He can survive on his own if he has wits about him and he slips through your fingers.

4. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

\o/ plez sumoen do this, i need to be attacker from start and murder everyone each game

joshua12131415 likes this.
  5. Bint

Bint Haxor

Obligatory The Birds gif:
    [​IMG]

6. Ranmage

Ranmage Builder Stabber

birds [GONE WRONG] [GONE SEXUAL] [GONE VIRAL] [IT'S JUST A PRANK BRO]
    VINE COMPILIATION 2016

but seriously, this has to be made

Frikman, Magmus, Sytoplasma and 3 others like this.
  7. daskew87

The thing is about this mod is I don't think it would be that hard to make. It works WITH the way kag is. I think some of the extra creatures would be hard to make though right?

The storms would be:

Hail storm is where bombs drop at a certain frequency from the sky - causing all kinds of problems of survival and damaging of ur farms.

Rain storm would be water bombs dropping.

Gravity storm would be the gravity being temporarilly set to something like 14 instead of 9.81. With some weird noises going on to indicate the storm. In a survival situation where you may need to travel over a few hills and waters, this would make the journey much more problematic and dangerous. Hard to come back home.

Last edited: May 29, 2016
  8. joshua12131415

I think you should post updates by editing your original post, instead of commenting, because its just easier to have to all in one place ::):

daskew87 likes this.
  9. daskew87

u 2 smart, 2 sexy

epsilon and Blue_Tiger like this.
  10. Eluded

Eluded Haxor Official Server Admin

It sounds like a really fun idea. It's actually surprising that no one has made a survival mode before. Although KAG with survival mode is pretty much Terraria :P

Jokes aside though if you want help making this then I am up for it. I have a lot of free time atm and starting to get interested in modding. I also have a server it could run on.

For the storms, the hailstones / water droplets would just need new sprites so they looked like hail/water but as you say could have the same behaviour as bombs.

PUNK123 likes this.
  11. daskew87

Sounds good man. I have a server, let's chat via pm!
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 2, 2016, Original Post Date: May 29, 2016 ---
    UPDATE ON MOD ::D:

Well, the gorgeous @Eluded started coding this undertaking a few days ago and has made excellent progress.

We have a slight sneek peek we wish to show you:

Brutality Isle (early version of map)
    BrutalityIsle.png

This is just how the map looks for now in it's not yet very developed staged. The shape will change. Many more block types will be added. Absolutely huge, hopefully not too big to cause lag either. This is as big as a large factions mod map.

:right:A little point in fact: You start and are presumed to stay at the middle island.

Another spoiler: eluded is trying to add in crocodiles (additional to the normal shark). Crocs cannot be hurt by arrows due to their thick skin, but they do move around a bit slower. Please note that baddies in this mod will respawn, probably once a day's length.

There are many more curious things being included in this mod, but you will have to find out! :rekt:

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
  12. joshua12131415

Dask can i be a spriter? And i think someone already has started making this mod, it was hosting yesterday, really fun but easy once you make a bison farm for unlimited food, unless that was Eluded's mod being hosted...
    I made a bombdrop, this is the big version so you can see it.
    [​IMG]
    This is the small version if you wana use it. It's the same size as a bomb and uses the colors from kag's original water, so it will fit right in.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
    daskew87 likes this.
  13. atlz90

atlz90 Shipwright

Awesome! Cant wait to play it! ::P:

Eluded likes this.
  14. daskew87

!!!DOES ANYONE KNOW...

• Who made the diving helment you find in fun ctf mod?

We want to see if we can get permission to use it for this game.

We have plenty of deep water mining and discovery we wish to encorporate :smug:

We do have underwater plasma lanterns. :noburu:

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
    epsilon and joshua12131415 like this.
  15. BarsukEughen555

16. joshua12131415

The diving helmet an official head for kag, kag made it. I don't think you need to get permission unless you are going to use it for a mod outside of kag.

daskew87 likes this.
  17. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

The diving helmet you have in FUN ctf makes you able to swim underwater...

18. daskew87

THERE'S GONNA BE A STORM ::P:
    storm.jpg

!!!The first public version is not too far away from release.

We have discussed the features and some things are maybes, some are certain, and some are already modded:

Nightly zombie waves - coming from both the east and west of the map; destination: your home in the middle.
    These zombies are FAR more dangerous than the usual ones. They blast through blocks much faster, and have more HP. Shooting them down before they get to you is the ideal.
    Indestructable zombie statues - which spawn the zombies (they don't come from edges of the map).
    Zombie corpses can only be disposed by burning. If you don't cleanse the area, they come back to life the next night + the new waves. So drag them corpses off the sea's surface, line em up on basecamp and get the fires going the next morning.

Mushrooms - An edible plant that regrows. However there is no seed, and it cannot be moved. You'll have to make trips to forage this food source. They grow underground.

Mushroom Big.png
    (by @joshua12131415) SPRITES HAVE BEEN ENLARGED

Eagles - They grab you, they peck you. If you don't attack them, maybe they won't come for you. But one encounter with an eagle could be game over for you. Getting dropped from 60 blocks high isn't healthy.

Big_Eagle.png
    (by @eps0003)

Seeds - They can only be picked up by hand. A player can only move one at a time. No pocketing 4 of them at a time. You must make the dangerous journey many times to get a strong farm going.

Crocodiles - We have sharks, but also we have these green customers too. They move slower than sharks. But their thick skin prevents them from taking damage by arrows. Want to risk a close combat engagement?

Crocodile.png
    (by @eps0003 )

A Whale - Only one per map. They respawn every 5 days. Extremely large creatures, twice the length and height of sharks. Passive until provoked. Yields an incredible amount of meat if killed. Resides along the bottom of the ocean. Migrates to different areas.

Storms - This was mentioned before. But gravity storms, hailstorms, and rainstorms.

Purple Gold - Normal gold and also this new gold is in the mod. This new resource is used to make items such as underwater lanterns. Special armour, swords and bows.

Sparkwood Trees - Another tree type. The wood is used to make bombs, firearrows, kegs etc.

THERE ARE MORE FEATURES...

But let's keep this post short, lol ::):

Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
  19. Olimarrex

Olimarrex Ballista Bolt Thrower Official Server Admin

Will it be possible to place dirt blocks? Or at least some way to expand a farm that doesn't involve finding a flat piece of terrain with no stone on it so that plebs won't dig holes in your farm?

20. BarsukEughen555

if plebs dig ur ground, start a vote on eating those plebs