1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Trench Run Trench Run - What are your priorities?

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, May 19, 2016.

1. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

I honestly agree with 8x. The matches seem a tad short, although you can easily farm for coins it becomes rather tedious after a while. It needs something that makes every match different from the other. If you get what I mean.

The thing I would like is the ability to be able to play Run solo, without another player. Mainly because if you are on by yourself you are only limited to skirmish, or basketball really.

Magmus and EhRa like this.
  2. Achillios

Achillios Pilgrim
    1. Gather Oceania

I saw this coming from a mile off::(:

Pirate-Rob and AKF like this.
  3. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

And add building and flags.

EhRa likes this.
  4. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

trench run should be a kag mod imho

PUNK123 and Fuzzle like this.
  5. TeQaS

TeQaS Haxor

Nope
    you dont have money to buy trenchrun?

6. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

bru-jaz likes this.
  7. Fuzzle

Fuzzle Grand Grumbler

Contentwise Trench Run is ~@ the same level as Shiprekt + a lobby.
    IMO Trench Run lacks objectives.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
    bru-jaz, SirDangalang and bunnie like this.
  8. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

All Trench run needs is to take a point from kag.

Game length

Imagine fighting a massive tug of war of trench styled warfare. Only able to place barricades, partly indestructible landscape, artillery and other stuff. That is what would make TR fun in the long run. Yes, the arcade feel is great, and it is enjoyable, but it doesn't have a long term pull that games like battlefield have.
    Imagine a 2D battlefield game. That would be amazing.

bru-jaz, Sturm, SirDangalang and 2 others like this.
  9. SpideY

SpideY Hear Me Roar Staff Alumni Donator

Its really sad to see that you left Soldat and Kag for this trench Run.

That game is already dead and thats always the same problem with MM. "Advertising".

My advice ? Give up on that project even if its pain in ass for you but it will just be another waste of money and time.

While this time, soldat is still alive (since 14 years ?) and the Soldat Capture The Flag League 28th Season just ended with 681 matches. http://stats.sctfl.net/index.php

Get back on that game, bring some anti cheat and it could be awesome.

Solaris, PUNK123 and bunnie like this.
  10. an_obamanation

an_obamanation The boss Donator

Finally a post that's NOT about "Omg add building ploxxx!" this would totally make Trench run a better experience. I'd like to see prebuilt destructible environments while only being able to place barricades and stuff, and trench based combat because the game IS called trench run after all. While i'd love to see vehicles and artillery and stuff I think that'd take a long time to finish, when Trench run needs more of an immediate change to gather a playerbase. More gamemodes, more longevity, more objectives, better advertising, and some better form of single player to help people stay in the game, I refunded trench run because there was nobody playing no matter where I checked and what time I checked, so I did FFA for a lil while and that got incredibly stale, there needs to be something encouraging the players that buy the game and have nobody to play with to stick around and wait.

11. jimmyzoudcba

jimmyzoudcba Haxor Tester

Maybe make the maps more dynamic? Like overwatch? Taller and perhaps bridges to span?
    Also, maybe bigger matches? AKA verticals with respawning and 16v16?

12. PussyDestroyer

PussyDestroyer Bison Rider

Become #1 eu basketball leafer is 1st point point 0 get trench run ;_:

13. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

difference between kag and trenchrun is not all the "length play" or w/e you guys want to claim. It is that kag has an un-ending stream of new players ingame every day and they fill up servers for actual active players. The reason trenchrun cant rely on this is because it sold like 1000 copies and isnt the most original of games.

EDIT: AUS and US trenchrun servers are down. Not that it matters.

14. Fuzzle

Fuzzle Grand Grumbler

Let's conclude that it's not about 'too short matches' when ~50% of the posts claims the exact opposite.
    Best conclusion EU, 2001.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
  15. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

Can you bring back the free weekends to TR?
    I mean. i doubt much more people will buy it. And since all the ppl who were hyped before the launch can't almost play the game (ive never seen anybody in us server in months), and since it looks like you will make no more significant updates to it, at least you can bring a few more players so the silly guys who bought it at full price can justify the purchase ...
    PS: Sorry if i sound like a dick, but i don't usually put money on games But when i do, i want them to be at least better than the demo.

16. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I definitely feel you about wanting someone to play with and wanting to get value out. Think how we feel though, putting significantly more than $8 into it.

I'm focussed on getting a KAG build out at the moment. We're definitely looking at what to do with TR long term - free weekends are possible but make a mess of things with auth.

It might be do-able to run a free weekend steam side if we can figure out how to remove the game from those accounts afterwards but it'd probably be "more worth it" to do that for KAG.

My gut feeling at the moment is dropping the price to 99c or making it free with a small payment for the option of costumes/pets would mean it'd see more play - whether it'd justify the work that that'd take is another story.

17. stabborazz

stabborazz Haxor Staff Alumni

TR could use some advertising. I know a small-medium sized youtuber that is still able to read all of his comments, maybe he could test it out.

18. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

That'd be nice, but we already contacted hundreds of youtubers directly around launch, even giving many of them free keys. Word of mouth that doesn't come from us probably carries a little more weight though.

19. stabborazz

stabborazz Haxor Staff Alumni

I will ask him next time he streams. He played KAG before so maybe he will have interest. We need to make sure he'll actually have people to play with if he wants to give it a go.

Geti likes this.